sleep and supply? (bit long. sorry)

Old July 31st 06, 09:02 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
eva

Default sleep and supply? (bit long. sorry)

Lucy- I had some issues with my milk supply slowing down when my DD got
sick and was sleeping through the night! The Fenugreek works wonders!!!
My lactation consultant said I should take 3 with each meal .. within
48 hours I was producing so much milk that poor Cayenne was choking on
it! I had to slow down my fenugreek. Now I take 2 at each meal when I
remember. I think that it is great that you were able to break DD of
the bottle!! YEAH for you!!!

lucy-lu wrote:
Anne Rogers wrote:
We've had a long few days as DD's adjusted to life without bottles - I
hadn't realised that DH had been giving her extra bottles if she was
hungry while I was in the bath etc, so it was a bigger job than I'd
anticipated!

oh my, no wonder your supply was suffering, I'd been surprised by the 4hr
routine, it happens, but it's not very common, but if she was getting 1
bottle at some point in the day, that would kind of explain it, plus she
probably would then not even take a full feed at another time, cue even less
stimulation.

Good for you Lucy, you'll get rid of that final bottle in no time.

Anne

Ta Anne, I am sure it's going soon too It's the one that's annoying
me the most

I didn't notice the extra foods she was getting as when she's with me,
she seemed happy with the 4 hourly feeds, and would make the "no more
milk" face ( ) if I tried to get an extra feed in, but she's happy to
munch again now around after about 3 hours.

Lucy