If Bush Wins Count on The Draft

Old April 21st 04, 03:14 AM
R. Steve Walz

Default If Bush Wins Count on The Draft

BUSH WILL NEVER WIN AND EVEN IF HE DOES THERE WILL NEVER BE A DRAFT!!!
WE ALREADY HAVE ENOUGH SUPPORT IN IRAQ. BUT WE CAN EXPECT TO BE IN IRAQ
FOR AT LEAST A FEW YEARS.

EAT **** AND DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

In article 3447714.6SrEzqqWD1@FreeBSD, Tommy wrote:

The U.S. Selective Service Draft is Coming, Maybe Sooner Than Later

Sam Hamod

04/19/04 "ICH" As Professor and author Chalmers Johnson (Blowback and
Sorrows of Empire) pointed out in a recent interview on KPBS-FM on “The
Lounge” with Dirk Sutro, America has over 700 bases in over 123
countries. This demands a lot of manpower.

Add to this that American generals are demanding more troops in Iraq and
Afghanistan, and that the wives and parents in the U.S. are upset at the
extensions of duty in those countries, as well as more and more National
Guards being called up to active duty outside of America, where normally
National Guard troops are not used—with many of the present servicemen
not re-upping, and you have a recipe for the dreaded Draft.

Now then, as everyone knows, President Bush would not want to call for a
draft until after the election, so as not to antagonize more of the
public, especially parents of and youngsters who would be drafted. But,
as one General Zinni and others put it before the invasion of Iraq, we
do not have enough men in uniform to cover the ground of Iraq for an
occupation. Clearly, with the Iraqis fighting back with an intensity
that is much stronger than the soldiers of Saddam when the U.S. invaded,
not only do we not have the troops to occupy, but at this point, because
of the Iraqi will and fighting ability, our troops cannot even control
the resistance, let alone take care of an occupation—unless GW sends in
more troops.

So, at this point, GW is stuck between a rock and a hard place on the
draft. He actually needs to call for it now, but it would be political
suicide. At the same time, to keep extending the tours of duty of the
men in Iraq and Afghanistan is making him more and more unpopular with
the service people and with their loved ones back home. Many wives have
gone public, as well as parents who are now questioning the war itself
because of the extensions of duty being demanded by Bush and Rumsfeld.
Though our government says it has all the troops it needs; there is no
way we can maintain the 700 plus bases in the 123 countries and continue
these two wars, and possible other wars that may be started by Muslim
and Arabs in other countries who are objecting more strenuously to
Bush’s policies in Iraq and his new policies in Palestine.

There is no doubt in my mind and in the mind of many other military men
that as soon as the election is over that Bush will call for a draft to
replenish the armed forces—that is, if he wins. If he loses, it’s hard
to say what he might do. If the college students vote against him, he
may just institute a draft to punish them for their disloyalty to him.

After all, he may feel that right. As Bob Woodward pointed out in his
interview on 60 Minutes, last night, GW Bush said that he obeyed “a
higher father” (referring to God, as against consulting his human father
about going into Iraq). Actually, some politicos I’ve talked with today
say he may have also consulted with his surrogate father, Richard
Cheney—who helped push him into the illegal and immoral Iraq war, that
now plagues him like a swarm of bees as the Iraqis sting him with their
resistance every day, and his claims to be “spreading democracy” and
“freeing people” become more apparently hollow, deceptive and outright
lies.

So, be prepared for the draft. And, I hate to say this, but it sounds
from Kerry, if he does win, he’ll also want to fulfill the American
cowboy macho dream of winning in Iraq—then he might also institute a
draft if he can’t get the UN to go in and take over.

As for Bush, he has little chance for the UN to take over unless he
gives them complete power; but, Bush is not likely to want to give up
any authority because he has such huge allegiance to Halliburton,
Bechtel and Brown and Root.

Old April 21st 04, 04:14 AM
Vanilla Gorilla (Monkey Boy)

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 02:14:34 GMT, "R. Steve Walz"
wrote in alt.fan.art-bell in message
m:

BUSH WILL NEVER WIN AND EVEN IF HE DOES THERE WILL NEVER BE A DRAFT!!!
WE ALREADY HAVE ENOUGH SUPPORT IN IRAQ. BUT WE CAN EXPECT TO BE IN IRAQ
FOR AT LEAST A FEW YEARS.

EAT **** AND DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calm down, Sparky.
--
V.G.

Change pobox dot alaska to gci.
"I are so sure of yourself don't you .. (ehe ehe ehe)" - Peitro Alitardia )
(This sig file contains not less than 80% recycled SPAM)

Sarcasm is my sword, Apathy is my shield.
Old April 21st 04, 07:44 AM
Nivek

"Tommy" wrote in message
The U.S. Selective Service Draft is Coming, Maybe Sooner Than Later

And that's a bad thing???

Old April 21st 04, 11:49 AM
R. Steve Walz

R. Steve Walz wrote:

BUSH WILL NEVER WIN AND EVEN IF HE DOES THERE WILL NEVER BE A DRAFT!!!
WE ALREADY HAVE ENOUGH SUPPORT IN IRAQ. BUT WE CAN EXPECT TO BE IN IRAQ
FOR AT LEAST A FEW YEARS.

EAT **** AND DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------------------
This is another phony post supposedly by me, from our little
web-tv bitch, and if she wants to keep her connection, she'd
better stop!!
--

That said:

The moron who ran the draft up the flagpole NOW to see who
would salute it is a rightist fundy religious-political goner
outside of Nebraska, but Bush is probably behind it.

Anyone who thinks we won't rip this country apart AGAIN if they
try to revive the *DRAFT* HAS NOT UNDERSTOOD THE LAST 40 YEARS!

Americans fought for the right NOT to fight unless they want
to, and we WON!!

NO civilized nation will EVER AGAIN tolerate a DRAFT!

The first time this nation can't find enough people to fight
for it voluntarily means that it doesn't DESERVE to survive
as a nation!!! Or it means that the war is WRONG to try to
force people to fight it!
Steve
Old April 21st 04, 11:49 AM
Lesa

"R. Steve Walz" wrote in message
s.com...
BUSH WILL NEVER WIN AND EVEN IF HE DOES THERE WILL NEVER BE A DRAFT!!!
WE ALREADY HAVE ENOUGH SUPPORT IN IRAQ. BUT WE CAN EXPECT TO BE IN IRAQ
FOR AT LEAST A FEW YEARS.

EAT **** AND DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve, are you aware that there has already been a request for those
individuals who feel that they would be appropriate to submit their desire
to become a member of local draft boards -- although GWB et al have used
some other term to hide this concept.

Old April 21st 04, 12:03 PM
R. Steve Walz

Lesa wrote:

"R. Steve Walz" wrote in message
s.com...
BUSH WILL NEVER WIN AND EVEN IF HE DOES THERE WILL NEVER BE A DRAFT!!!
WE ALREADY HAVE ENOUGH SUPPORT IN IRAQ. BUT WE CAN EXPECT TO BE IN IRAQ
FOR AT LEAST A FEW YEARS.

EAT **** AND DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------------------------
I didn't post this above. Someone is spoofing.

Steve, are you aware that there has already been a request for those
individuals who feel that they would be appropriate to submit their desire
to become a member of local draft boards -- although GWB et al have used
some other term to hide this concept.

----------------------
Heard it said, it is unconfirmed.

It will never fly, after this nation was almost ripped to pieces
by the Vietnam debacel it is political suicide. Anyone promoting
it wasn't paying attention the last 40 years! Americans feel they
have won the right not to be forced to fight wars. It is now an
accepted American RIGHT, paralleling that right in all other
advanced nations.
Steve
Old April 21st 04, 03:28 PM
Brooks Gregory

"Nivek" wrote in message

"Tommy" wrote in message
The U.S. Selective Service Draft is Coming, Maybe Sooner Than Later

And that's a bad thing???

Two things. First, the only bills to re-enstate the draft, now working their
way through congress are bills authored by DEMOCRATS. Second, you kids need
not worry about a draft. They don't take cowards!

--
If you don't vote, you are the problem.
Because by not voting, you have

Brooks Gregory
www.theaapc.org

Old April 21st 04, 05:22 PM
Lesa

Lesa wrote:

"R. Steve Walz" wrote in message

Steve, are you aware that there has already been a request for those
individuals who feel that they would be appropriate to submit their

desire
to become a member of local draft boards -- although GWB et al have used
some other term to hide this concept.

----------------------
Heard it said, it is unconfirmed.

It will never fly, after this nation was almost ripped to pieces
by the Vietnam debacel it is political suicide. Anyone promoting
it wasn't paying attention the last 40 years! Americans feel they
have won the right not to be forced to fight wars. It is now an
accepted American RIGHT, paralleling that right in all other
advanced nations.
Steve

I wish I had kept the link to the news article -- NY Times IIRC -- but I
read it, did some research and deleted the email.

I'd like to agree that after the chaos that occurred in Vietnam, the draft
will never again be instituted. Unfortunately I've heard too many people of
late touting the benefits of military service (most of whom never fought in
a war). Combined with Senator Idiotic making his statements on the Today
show earlier about how the US needs "mandatory service" and how this would
not be a draft, I'm very concerned for the safety of my almost 16 year old
son.

Old April 21st 04, 07:22 PM
Notroll2003

"Brooks Gregory" wrote in message ...
"Nivek" wrote in message

"Tommy" wrote in message
The U.S. Selective Service Draft is Coming, Maybe Sooner Than Later

And that's a bad thing???

Two things. First, the only bills to re-enstate the draft, now working their
way through congress are bills authored by DEMOCRATS. Second, you kids need
not worry about a draft. They don't take cowards!

Those bills are only to force the hand of Repugs. In those bills,
there are no ways for rich kids to avoid service. No outs for
college, babies, weddings, etc. Republicans have never sent their own
sons to war and Americans won't stand for a biased draft law. That's
why we won't have one.