Cat party

Old October 25th 05, 10:24 PM
Welches

Default Cat party

Has anyone got suggestions for games that could be played at a cat themed
party? Most of the children will be aged 4-5, with a couple of 6 year olds.

So far we have:

Sleeping cats (sleeping lions)
Pin the tail on the cat
Cat treasure hut (put a sticker on a map where you think the mouse is
hiding)
Fishing lucky dip

Thanks:
Debbie

Old October 25th 05, 10:41 PM
Dawn

"Welches" wrote
Has anyone got suggestions for games that could be played at a cat themed
party? Most of the children will be aged 4-5, with a couple of 6 year

olds.

Send them all out to crap on the neighbour's lawn?

Dawn

(Sorry. The devil made me do it...)

Old October 26th 05, 01:25 AM
enigma

"Dawn" wrote in
:

"Welches" wrote
Has anyone got suggestions for games that could be played
at a cat themed party? Most of the children will be aged
4-5, with a couple of 6 year

olds.

Send them all out to crap on the neighbour's lawn?

that would be dogs. cats would dig up & crap in the
neighbor's garden (according to the garden groups. however, my
barn cats have never crapped in my gardens or my neighbor's...
i think the leaves in the woods are comfierg)

OTOH, cats *do* sleep around 18-20 hours/day, so maybe you
can get the kids to nap?
are you planning any crafts? making pompom "cat toys" might
be fun for that age group. teach them to play cat's cradle
(might be too hard for the 4 year olds though)?
lee
Old October 26th 05, 02:30 AM
Snittens

I don't know about games, but you could make this cake:
http://www.fabulousfoods.com/recipes...ittercake.html
Just kidding! Too gross for 4-6 yr olds. I volunteer at an animal shelter
and we made that cake for a volunteer's b-day. It was a big hit!
Trying to think of games/activities... Have them come running when you open
a can?
What about buying some small cat toys and treats and paper lunch sacks, and
having the children put together and decorate gift bags for the cats at a
local animal shelter? As a shelter volunteer, we always love it when
children do something for the animals. It's so touching and is such a good
thing to start when they are young. (OK, off my soapbox and back to
lurking!)

-Kelly

Old October 26th 05, 02:58 AM
Rose

Welches wrote:
Has anyone got suggestions for games that could be played at a cat themed
party? Most of the children will be aged 4-5, with a couple of 6 year olds.

So far we have:

Sleeping cats (sleeping lions)
Pin the tail on the cat
Cat treasure hut (put a sticker on a map where you think the mouse is
hiding)
Fishing lucky dip

Thanks:
Debbie

Musical litter boxes or cat cushions? You could use a tape of the can
opener for the music. Make a cat paw to break a mouse pinata?
Old October 26th 05, 05:02 AM
Marie

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 21:30:26 -0400, "Snittens"
wrote:
I don't know about games, but you could make this cake:
http://www.fabulousfoods.com/recipes...ittercake.html
Just kidding! Too gross for 4-6 yr olds. I volunteer at an animal shelter
and we made that cake for a volunteer's b-day. It was a big hit!

I've made that, it was so fun to make and watch the kids' faces. They
did like the taste.
Marie
Old October 26th 05, 07:20 AM
Amy

"Welches" wrote in message
Has anyone got suggestions for games that could be played at a cat themed
party? Most of the children will be aged 4-5, with a couple of 6 year
olds.

How about getting a cat shaped biscuit cutter and baking some biscuits, and
then letting the children decorate them with basic water icing and chocolate
chips etc.?
Amy

Old October 26th 05, 11:16 AM

enigma wrote:
"Dawn" wrote in
:

"Welches" wrote
Has anyone got suggestions for games that could be played
at a cat themed party? Most of the children will be aged
4-5, with a couple of 6 year

olds.

Send them all out to crap on the neighbour's lawn?

that would be dogs. cats would dig up & crap in the
neighbor's garden (according to the garden groups. however, my
barn cats have never crapped in my gardens or my neighbor's...
i think the leaves in the woods are comfierg)

Contrary to what their owners tell you, some cats often leave steaming
turds in the middle of neighbours' gardens.

Old October 26th 05, 12:06 PM
Welches

"Snittens" wrote in message
I don't know about games, but you could make this cake:
http://www.fabulousfoods.com/recipes...ittercake.html
Just kidding! Too gross for 4-6 yr olds. I volunteer at an animal shelter
and we made that cake for a volunteer's b-day. It was a big hit!

LOL. I'm making a pink cat face. That's about my cake decorating skills!

Trying to think of games/activities... Have them come running when you
open a can?
What about buying some small cat toys and treats and paper lunch sacks,
and having the children put together and decorate gift bags for the cats
at a local animal shelter? As a shelter volunteer, we always love it when
children do something for the animals. It's so touching and is such a
good thing to start when they are young. (OK, off my soapbox and back to
lurking!)

I like that idea, but I'm not sure if they'd want to take them home if
they've made it :-)
I'll certainly save that for #1 and her best friend to do some time when
they're around.
Debbie

Old October 26th 05, 12:08 PM
Welches

"Rose" wrote in message
Welches wrote:
Has anyone got suggestions for games that could be played at a cat themed
party? Most of the children will be aged 4-5, with a couple of 6 year
olds.

So far we have:

Sleeping cats (sleeping lions)
Pin the tail on the cat
Cat treasure hut (put a sticker on a map where you think the mouse is
hiding)
Fishing lucky dip

Thanks:
Debbie

Musical litter boxes or cat cushions?

Cat cushions sounds a good idea. I was trying to think how we could get
musical chairs in.

#1's been asking for a pinata. The best I've found is a dog one. Do you know
anywhere which sells mouse ones? I was also wondering whether they are
reusable?
Thanks:
Debbie