Leaking like Niagra Falls.....

Old July 25th 06, 04:17 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
xkatx

Default Leaking like Niagra Falls.....

"Jess" wrote in message

"xkatx" wrote in message
Sometimes I found it uncomfortable, but then again, a lumpy (dry) front
often beat a soaking night gown or bed (or husband).

*giggle*

I just remembered something.

Early on, DB rolled over and snorted in his sleep.

I was facing him and let down.

*giggles*

Jess

Oh my! I remember nursing DD, when she was maybe a month old, and I was
laying in bed facing DH with DD between us. DD unlatched herself and DH had
a face full of milk. He accused me of spraying him on purpose! (heh...
Like I'd never done *that* on purpose before! lol)

Old July 25th 06, 04:22 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
cjra

Chookie wrote:
In article .com,
"cjra" wrote:

Is leaking something that eases with time as we sort out this
breastfeeding pattern? Or am I doomed to soaking through multiple pads
a day for the next couple of years?

Not the end of the world, but I hate wearing bras,esp. at night. I have
to though as I need something to hold the pads in else I wake up with a
soaking top.

Fold a towel in four and sleep with it under you. ATM you have an oversupply
-- nature's way of ensuring there is plenty of milk. There is a hormonal
feedback loop in operation too -- as the excess milk sits in your breast, it
sends a signal saying "don't produce so much!". It will gradually calm down.

I've got a few 'shelf bra tops' I'll wear at night....seems to work
with pads. The towel just gets soaked,and I tend to move around a lot
at night.

Two things to note:
- if it is hot where you are, make sure you keep *yourself* hydrated. I
didn't pay attention last summer and gave myself heat exhaustion. Naturally
good hydration will also help with constipation, as will eating plenty of
fruit (BFing women should eat 5 pieces of fruit a day!)

Yup, very hot here (in the 100s most days lately). But I'm the queen of
water drinking. I acutally feel dehydrated very easily, so I drink a
TON of water and live on fruit and yoghurt...
..

- If you start feeling as if you are getting influenza -- feverish, achey,
chills, fatigue etc -- especially if you have a sore or red area on your
breast, go straight to a doctor. Mastitis is common when you are engorged, or
your breast is injured by a knock or an ill-fitting bra. Mastitis can be
knocked on the head early by antibiotics, but if you wait, it WILL get worse
and take much longer to recover from.

Thanks, I will pay close attention. I do get fatigue, and achey but I
think that's related to the fatigue, which is related to lack of sleep
for now ;-). Fortunately with DD nursing non-stop, engorgement is
becoming less of a problem now. I'll keep an eye out for the symptoms
though.

Thanks for the advice all!
--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue

Old July 25th 06, 04:23 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Jess

"xkatx" wrote in message
Oh my! I remember nursing DD, when she was maybe a month old, and I was
laying in bed facing DH with DD between us. DD unlatched herself and DH
had a face full of milk. He accused me of spraying him on purpose!
(heh... Like I'd never done *that* on purpose before! lol)

Oh no, of course not. ;D

Jess

Old July 25th 06, 06:07 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
xkatx

"Jess" wrote in message

"xkatx" wrote in message
Oh my! I remember nursing DD, when she was maybe a month old, and I was
laying in bed facing DH with DD between us. DD unlatched herself and DH
had a face full of milk. He accused me of spraying him on purpose!
(heh... Like I'd never done *that* on purpose before! lol)

Oh no, of course not. ;D

Jess

Alright, alright... I admit it was kinda fun at times!

Old July 25th 06, 07:08 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Jess

"xkatx" wrote in message
Alright, alright... I admit it was kinda fun at times!

Like the time he got nailed in the ear from across the room and I had no
clue what he was talking about?

*giggling*

Jess

Old July 25th 06, 07:55 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
xkatx

"Jess" wrote in message

"xkatx" wrote in message
Alright, alright... I admit it was kinda fun at times!

Like the time he got nailed in the ear from across the room and I had no
clue what he was talking about?

*giggling*

Jess

I remember I always had fun with that! The range you get and the aim and
accuracy that becomes a real skill...
Especially when the most fun had during the day is changing a diaper of pee
only!

Old July 25th 06, 08:06 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Jess

"xkatx" wrote in message
I remember I always had fun with that! The range you get and the aim and
accuracy that becomes a real skill...
Especially when the most fun had during the day is changing a diaper of
pee only!

It's great when you can't throw a pillow across the room and he's pulling
the "I can say that, you're tied down with the baby and can't reach me!"

Watch me. ;D

Jess

4 Y.O Boy Leaking After Potty??? Mommy_123 General 37 February 14th 06 06:38 PM
Am I leaking? Shelley Pregnancy 23 April 16th 05 07:46 PM
leaking amniotic fluid? DHellus Pregnancy 4 December 10th 04 01:32 AM
Please help....leaking clear fluid hpt negative! Stacy Pregnancy 5 September 21st 04 09:00 PM
Leaking question from pre-newbie Taulmaril Breastfeeding 3 January 6th 04 11:04 AM