New Avent Storage?

Old February 24th 04, 03:54 PM
New York Jen

Default New Avent Storage?

I saw an ad in a parenting magazine yesterday for new Avent storage
containers. It doesn't say on the ad anywhere if they are freezable, but it
does compare them to the bags and how inconvenient those bags can be for
storage. It says how you can pump directly into these containers from the
Isis pump and even has an attachment for a nipple if you want to bottle
feed. I wrote the company asking about them (they're not on the website
yet, must be brand spanking new) but figured I'd see if any of you wise
folks had information about them already. I'd love to be able to just pump
into a little tupperware-like container and stick it in the freezer! Those
bags made me crazy!

Thanks,

Jen

Old February 24th 04, 04:27 PM
Zucca4

they sound exactly like the plastic bottles that came with my Isis kit. I pump
directly into the bottle, and either add a shield or nipple to the ring
depending what I want to do.

I didn't think you could freeze them, but if I can let me know.

Lisa
Old February 24th 04, 05:27 PM
Elana Kehoe

Zucca4 wrote:

they sound exactly like the plastic bottles that came with my Isis kit. I pump
directly into the bottle, and either add a shield or nipple to the ring
depending what I want to do.

I didn't think you could freeze them, but if I can let me know.

I've always frozen the bottles right after pumping, with no discernable
problems. But I'm a SAHM, and didn't pump too often.
--
"In Finnegans Wake, he just made up words.
Now that's just not sporting!"
Old February 24th 04, 05:36 PM
Anne Rogers

they sound exactly like the plastic bottles that came with my Isis kit. I pump
directly into the bottle, and either add a shield or nipple to the ring
depending what I want to do.

I didn't think you could freeze them, but if I can let me know.

you can freeze the 4oz bottles, they sell them in a pack of 4 marketed as
a breastmilk storage kit

Old February 24th 04, 06:14 PM
New York Jen

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
they sound exactly like the plastic bottles that came with my Isis kit.

I pump
directly into the bottle, and either add a shield or nipple to the ring
depending what I want to do.

I didn't think you could freeze them, but if I can let me know.

you can freeze the 4oz bottles, they sell them in a pack of 4 marketed as
a breastmilk storage kit

These are more of a toss or keep type of product...like the disposable
containers Glad and Ziploc are making now...so they're much more affordable
than buying regular Avent bottles. I didn't need to freeze that much with
Laszlo, but it was nice to know I had a few bottles' worth just in case.
Also once he started with cereal I used my stash from the freezer to moisten
it.

Old February 24th 04, 07:05 PM
Irrational Number

Zucca4 wrote:

they sound exactly like the plastic bottles that came with my Isis kit. [...]
I didn't think you could freeze them, but if I can let me know.

I freeze homemade baby food in those 4-oz.
plastic bottles. They've worked fine so far.

-- Anita --

Old February 24th 04, 07:29 PM
Clisby

New York Jen wrote:
I saw an ad in a parenting magazine yesterday for new Avent storage
containers. It doesn't say on the ad anywhere if they are freezable, but it
does compare them to the bags and how inconvenient those bags can be for
storage. It says how you can pump directly into these containers from the
Isis pump and even has an attachment for a nipple if you want to bottle
feed. I wrote the company asking about them (they're not on the website
yet, must be brand spanking new) but figured I'd see if any of you wise
folks had information about them already. I'd love to be able to just pump
into a little tupperware-like container and stick it in the freezer! Those
bags made me crazy!

Thanks,

Jen

Is this different from the 4-oz. plastic containers with the screw tops?
Those fit on an Avent Isis pump, although I used them mostly to freeze
milk I pumped with a hospital-grade pump. These are freezable.

Clisby

Old February 24th 04, 08:18 PM
teapot

"New York Jen" wrote in message . net...
I saw an ad in a parenting magazine yesterday for new Avent storage
containers. It doesn't say on the ad anywhere if they are freezable, but it
does compare them to the bags and how inconvenient those bags can be for
storage. It says how you can pump directly into these containers from the
Isis pump and even has an attachment for a nipple if you want to bottle
feed. I wrote the company asking about them (they're not on the website
yet, must be brand spanking new) but figured I'd see if any of you wise
folks had information about them already. I'd love to be able to just pump
into a little tupperware-like container and stick it in the freezer! Those
bags made me crazy!

I have frozen the bottles that attach to the pump. They have screw on
rings and rubber inner bits that expand so the bottle doesnt explode.
Think they were designed for it.

teapot
Old February 24th 04, 10:52 PM
New York Jen

Default Follow UP: New Avent Storage?

Just got this in my email box...

Thank you for contacting us regarding the Avent Feeding System. All
Avent bottles including the disposable liners, and our new Via storage
containers can be stored in the refrigerator or freezer. When storing
in our bottles, a sealing disk should be used in place of the nipple.

If this does not address your inquiry please email us back for further
assistance or call our Customer Service group at 800-542-8368. Customer
Service is available Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Central Standard Time.

Thank you,
Avent America, Inc.

et...

Old February 25th 04, 02:42 AM
alissa

snip

Thanks,

Jen

Seems expensive to have to buy a special product to freeze milk in. I used

plastic containers we sell them where I work ( a hospital)and you can buy
them in bulk really cheaply (like tiny round takeaway food type container)
they hold about 150mls...I just sterilised them and poured the milk in
afterI pumped and defrosted them as I needed. Had to use milton though as I
don't think they were microwavable ( I don't microwave anything in plastic
anyway, whether its safe to or not)
Alissa