CTTD

Old March 20th 04, 01:14 PM
Belphoebe

Default CTTD

DS did a new thing yesterday. We were nursing, when suddenly, he unlatched,
threw back his head, and whistled several times. He was very deliberate in
forming his mouth in a whistling position. I whistled back, and he
responded in kind. A bit later, he was trotting around on the floor, and I
whistled again to see whether he remembered. Sure enough, he did it some
more. DH was showering while all this was going on, so of course he was
hoping to see for himself. As you know, this would usually be a cue for a
little one to act as if he doesn't know what you had in mind. But when DH
whistled at him, he did it yet again. We were inordinately excited. Funny
thing--I don't remember either of us ever whistling at him, so I'm not sure
*where* he got the idea.

--
Belphoebe

Old March 21st 04, 01:41 AM
Libby Macdonald

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 12:14:40 +0000, Belphoebe wrote:

DS did a new thing yesterday. We were nursing, when suddenly, he
unlatched, threw back his head, and whistled several times. He was very
deliberate in forming his mouth in a whistling position. I whistled back,
and he responded in kind. A bit later, he was trotting around on the
floor, and I whistled again to see whether he remembered. Sure enough, he
did it some more. DH was showering while all this was going on, so of
course he was hoping to see for himself. As you know, this would usually
be a cue for a little one to act as if he doesn't know what you had in
mind. But when DH whistled at him, he did it yet again. We were
inordinately excited. Funny thing--I don't remember either of us ever
whistling at him, so I'm not sure *where* he got the idea.

My DS used to whistle - very strange. He was whistled to a lot, but I'd
never heard of a whistling baby. He can't do it now. He stopped when he
became more conscious of what he was doing and started using his voice
instead
Libby
Old March 21st 04, 01:29 PM
Belphoebe

Libby Macdonald wrote:
On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 12:14:40 +0000, Belphoebe wrote:

My DS used to whistle - very strange. He was whistled to a lot, but
I'd never heard of a whistling baby. He can't do it now. He stopped
when he became more conscious of what he was doing and started using
his voice instead

Awwww, I guess that might happen with my DS too, as he's just starting to
take more interest in vocalizing (well, he was doing so astonishingly early,
but stopped for a long time). Yesterday, he didn't seem interested in
whistling back when we tried our own whistles, so it might even have been a
one-day thing.

BTW, your DS's knock-knock joke sounds cute.

--
Belphoebe

CTTD: Time out toypup General 2 May 7th 04 05:11 AM
X Posted: CTTD! New York Jen Pregnancy 1 April 11th 04 03:39 AM
cttd badgirl Breastfeeding 2 December 22nd 03 04:46 AM
cttd CY Breastfeeding 2 December 22nd 03 04:45 AM
CTTD (spelling test again) Iowacookiemom General (moderated) 0 August 24th 03 04:28 PM