14 mth old possibly self-weaning - where to from here?

Old March 22nd 04, 04:36 AM
Cathy

Default 14 mth old possibly self-weaning - where to from here?

Irene wrote:
"Cathy" wrote in message
Nikki wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Should I try and
push cow's milk as a drink in a week or so if the nursing strike
continues?

Starting at 12 months I offered both my kids a cup of milk with each
meal. I really wanted Hunter to drink it so I gave him chocolate
milk. They did not want it at first but both started drinking it
regularly in 2-3 months. Luke really took off on it, Hunter was more
conservative. I still buy him chocolate milk every other week or so
because I don't feel he gets enough calcium from his diet.

Thanks Nikki - I'll try that. Till now she has only had BM or water
-
didn't like juice, and didn't like milk. But I'll keep offering, and
try
chocolate milk (if I can keep it away from DH!).

Cathy

To do chocolate milk, you might want to just get some Hershey's syrup
(or equivalent) and add some to the milk, rather than commercially
done chocolate milk, which has a ton of added sugar.

That's a great idea, thanks. I know that DH would polish off chocolate milk
(prob before I could give it to DD) if I did buy it (haven't as yet) which
makes it pricey.

Cathy

Old March 22nd 04, 03:36 PM
Nikki

Cathy wrote:
Irene wrote:

To do chocolate milk, you might want to just get some Hershey's syrup
(or equivalent) and add some to the milk, rather than commercially
done chocolate milk, which has a ton of added sugar.

That's a great idea, thanks. I know that DH would polish off
chocolate milk (prob before I could give it to DD) if I did buy it
(haven't as yet) which makes it pricey.

That is how I made mine at first as well (and still do quite a bit). I also
mix the chocolate you buy with the white milk so it wasn't so strong.

--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (4) and Luke (2)

Tandem Weaning eggs Breastfeeding 8 March 12th 04 04:59 AM
Still producing milk after weaning Shelley Breastfeeding 6 February 16th 04 05:47 AM
milk supply, night weaning, pumping, and menstruation questions Cathy Weeks Breastfeeding 9 October 28th 03 09:12 PM
Article on weaning Shannon Breastfeeding 1 August 20th 03 10:36 PM
Help...weaning is soooooooooo confusing! Clisby Williams Breastfeeding 3 July 28th 03 07:15 AM