All children under five should get flu jab

Old August 5th 08, 10:39 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine,uk.people.health
JOHN

Default All children under five should get flu jab

[psychopaths on the warpath, fluoride and HIV test drive also]

All children under five should get flu jab to cut infection rate by 70%,
says study
05th August 2008
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...ays-study.html

Children under five already receive 13 vaccinations
Giving children a flu vaccination could prevent the virus spreading among
older people, research suggests.
The Health Protection Agency said an annual jab for children under five
could help protect the whole population.
As children have lower immunity and come into close contact with family and
each other they are often prolific spreaders of the virus.
But the side-effects of the vaccination in children are not yet known,
according to the Joint Committee on Vaccinations and Immunisation (JCVI).
In 2005 the committee advised that more work needed to be done before flu
immunisation in children could be considered.
However, children already get 13 vaccinations by the time they are five to
protect them from various illnesses.
Dr George Kassianos, immunisation spokesperson for the Royal College of GPs,
told the BBC that the college had been calling for the introduction of
influenza vaccination in children for the past five or six years.
He said: 'The children themselves fare very badly from influenza but they
are also the source of infection for many adults.
'There is an urgent need for the JCVI to review their decision.'
Professor Steve Field, chairman of the Royal College of General
Practitioners, said the vaccination would need to be given every year to be
effective.
'We know that influenza affects the vulnerable - the elderly and the young -
and we also know that flu causes a lot of problems in terms of health and
also with the economy, with people being off work and so on,' he said.
'We welcome this (HPA) analysis but also believe that extra work needs to be
done.'

Old August 6th 08, 01:28 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine,uk.people.health
vernono[_2_]

"JOHN" wrote in message
[psychopaths on the warpath, fluoride and HIV test drive also]

All children under five should get flu jab to cut infection rate by 70%,
says study
05th August 2008
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...ays-study.html

Children under five already receive 13 vaccinations
Giving children a flu vaccination could prevent the virus spreading among
older people, research suggests.
The Health Protection Agency said an annual jab for children under five
could help protect the whole population.

DUUHHHHH which of the 150 varieties of flu are "we" talking about.
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Our government suggesting or protecting us again.?????????????????????

Old August 6th 08, 02:15 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine,uk.people.health
vernono[_2_]

Oh, yes.
Where would a child under five contract the flu unless in child care?
If brought home by an adult, it and the adult is not ill, would indicate
that the strain in not the one for which the shot is given.

"vernono" wrote in message
. ..

Old August 7th 08, 12:10 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine,uk.people.health
Jan Drew

"vernono" wrote in message

Oh, yes.
Where would a child under five contract the flu unless in child care?
If brought home by an adult, it and the adult is not ill, would indicate
that the strain in not the one for which the shot is given.

If you are so educated. You would know how to find the answers.
Instead of shouting DUUHHHHH.

"vernono" wrote in message
. ..

Old August 7th 08, 01:36 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine,uk.people.health
vernono[_2_]

"Jan Drew" wrote in message

"vernono" wrote in message

Oh, yes.
Where would a child under five contract the flu unless in child care?
If brought home by an adult, it and the adult is not ill, would indicate
that the strain in not the one for which the shot is given.

If you are so educated. You would know how to find the answers.
Instead of shouting DUUHHHHH.

I know the answer. No exposure, no flu.
Shots are for current strains.

"vernono" wrote in message