Stepdaughter Allergic to Everything

Old May 10th 05, 12:16 PM
Jeff

"Brad_Chad" wrote in message
oups.com...
There is this place called fantasy land. In fantasy land conventional
doctors never make medical mistakes. In Mark's world, health insurance
companies keep paying naturopathic doctors keep even though they do NO
good. Why don't these consumer fraud news reporters ever report this?
Did you ever try asking a naturopathic doctor for references from their
patients, Mark?

How about peer-reviewed evidence that naturopathic works?

Most diseases are self limited, like colds. By the time you do something for
them, whatever you do looks like it works, even though you got better on
your own.

(...)

Jeff

Old May 10th 05, 02:30 PM
Mark Probert

"Brad_Chad" wrote in message
oups.com...
There is this place called fantasy land.

Now I know where you post from.

In fantasy land conventional
doctors never make medical mistakes.

Strawman. NO ONE has ever said that. Again, you resort to a fallacy.

In Mark's world, health insurance
companies keep paying naturopathic doctors keep even though they do NO
good. Why don't these consumer fraud news reporters ever report this?
Did you ever try asking a naturopathic doctor for references from their
patients, Mark?

No, since I assume that they would only give me references from those that
were "cured". Note that many conditions are self curing. Anecdote and
testimonial are not synonyms for facts.

Speaking of name calling, I seem to recall somebody calling
naturopathic doctors witch doctors. Is that brave? Calling educated
people names when they are not here to defend themselves.

Calling them witch doctors is not specifically referring to you. If I were
to call you names, I would call you a naive moron who could not use logic to
reason 2+2. However, since I am not calling you names, I did not call you
anything. I trust that even you can see the difference.

I noticed that you had to rely on a story that somebody told you. Let
me tell you a story from my personal experience.

No, I am not relying on a story that someone told me. I am relying on
observation of this man having necrotic skin being removed from his feet
every day.

As a child I had a chronic fatigue problem. I saw several doctors. They
could not figure out what the problem was, so I had to get on with life
anyway. In my 20's I started getting bad hayfever. I took hayfever
medicine. In my 30's I got severe joint pain. I also had
gastrointestinal problems. My conventional doctors didn't have a clue.

One day while in the supermarket, I read a magazine article about
hidden food allergies. I found out that I was sensitive to corn (corn
starch, corn syrup, etc.) and dairy products. I had to stop eating most
processed foods because they often contain ingredients made from corn.
I now buy most of my food from health food stores. Then I found out
that if I had seen a naturopathic doctor I would have found out about
my hidden food allergies years ago. Naturopathic doctors look for
hidden food allergies.

My energy level started to skyrocket. My joint pain started to
disappear. My hayfever started to disappear, and my gastrointestinal
problems are improving. I don't know about your friend, Mark. Did he
check the license of the naturopathic doctor? How do you know if he
followed the doctors orders? Maybe he has a grudge against naturopathic
doctors for another reason?

Why can't I know that conventional doctors secretly see naturopathic
doctors? If the naturopathic doctors don't release their names, what
difference does it make?

You made a claim which you cannot back up. "We" know what that is.

Old May 11th 05, 05:52 AM
Brad_Chad

Why would anybody go to a naturopathic doctor in the first place if
conventional doctors could take care of their condition? Naturopathic
doctors don't just treat ONE condition. Health insurance companies
would not continue to pay naturopathic doctors if they didn't feel they
were worth it.

Brad_Chad

Old May 11th 05, 06:48 AM
Brad_Chad

When I said that conventional doctors never make mistakes I was being
sarcastic. Most "normal" people could understand my point.

Why don't the people who have bad experiences with naturopathic doctors

You get respect when you give respect. There was no need for you to
disrespect ANYONE. I consider it disrespectful when you first started
using a condescending and demeaning tone with me. There was no need for
you to disrespect naturopathic doctors. What goes around, comes around.
I threw back at you what you threw at others. If you throw a stone at
me, I will throw two stones at you. You may not think that it is fair,
but you wouldn't have to worry if you don't throw the first stone.

Again, you were relying on what somebody told you. You don't know if
they left out facts or if they exaggerated details. You don't know if
they have a personal agenda against naturopathic doctors. Are you
capable of seeing the difference between something personal and
something experienced second hand. I told you of my PERSONAL experience
with a naturopathic doctor.

Brad_Chad

Old May 11th 05, 02:11 PM
Mark Probert

"Brad_Chad" wrote in message
ups.com...
Why would anybody go to a naturopathic doctor in the first place if
conventional doctors could take care of their condition?

Gullibility.
Fear of some treatment, e.g. chemotherapy, radiation, daily insulin
injections, etc.
Lack of knowledge.

Naturopathic
doctors don't just treat ONE condition. Health insurance companies
would not continue to pay naturopathic doctors if they didn't feel they
were worth it.

How many health insurance companies do actually pay for this?

Old May 11th 05, 02:17 PM
Mark Probert

"Brad_Chad" wrote in message
oups.com...
When I said that conventional doctors never make mistakes I was being
sarcastic. Most "normal" people could understand my point.

Your sarcasm was not evident on the page. Most normal people use this:

sarcasm mode on

sarcasm mode off

Your cheap shot is once again noted.

Why don't the people who have bad experiences with naturopathic doctors

There have been several cases of this happening. In m.h.a. there was a
posting of articles showing that one witch doctor was responsible for two
deaths.

Here's another two:

http://www.naturowatch.org/legal/oconnell.shtml

http://www.naturowatch.org/legal/fenn.html

Your premise is destroyed.

You get respect when you give respect. There was no need for you to
disrespect ANYONE. I consider it disrespectful when you first started
using a condescending and demeaning tone with me.

You have the sequence backwards.

There was no need for
you to disrespect naturopathic doctors.

Disagree. I have no respect for a "profession" which I consider inherently
fraudulent.

What goes around, comes around.
I threw back at you what you threw at others. If you throw a stone at
me, I will throw two stones at you. You may not think that it is fair,
but you wouldn't have to worry if you don't throw the first stone.

Backwards sequence.

Again, you were relying on what somebody told you. You don't know if
they left out facts or if they exaggerated details. You don't know if
they have a personal agenda against naturopathic doctors.

The man said he saw the nd for months. Why would he lie?

Old May 11th 05, 04:10 PM
Jeff

"Brad_Chad" wrote in message
ups.com...
Why would anybody go to a naturopathic doctor in the first place if
conventional doctors could take care of their condition?

Why would anyone go to a conventional doctor if naturopathic doctors could
take care of their condition?

Unfortunately, life doesn't work so that all you have to do is go to a
doctor, take a magical pill, and everything is better. Some diseases can be
treated, but not cured. And some diseases can't be treated.

The reason why some people go to naturopathic doctors is that there aren't
answers to certain problems. And people will try anything, espeically if
they beleive the false claims of the naturopaths.

Naturopathic
doctors don't just treat ONE condition.

Conventional doctors treat patients, often with many conditions.

Health insurance companies
would not continue to pay naturopathic doctors if they didn't feel they
were worth it.

Health insurance companies cover treatments because the people who pay them
want the coverage. The coverage (and whether it is worth it for the health
insurance companies) has nothing to do with whether or not the treatment
works.

Jeff

Brad_Chad

Old May 11th 05, 04:12 PM
Jeff

"Brad_Chad" wrote in message
oups.com...
When I said that conventional doctors never make mistakes I was being
sarcastic. Most "normal" people could understand my point.

Why don't the people who have bad experiences with naturopathic doctors

Maybe because they are so embarassed for going to a quack in the first
place.

You get respect when you give respect. There was no need for you to
disrespect ANYONE. I consider it disrespectful when you first started
using a condescending and demeaning tone with me. There was no need for
you to disrespect naturopathic doctors.

Naturopaths are quacks.

Old May 12th 05, 06:16 AM
Brad_Chad

You never cease to amaze me. You dig up some articles about an
UNLICENSED naturopathic doctor and somebody in Australia. I don't even
know the licensing requirements in Australia. I really don't care. I'm
in the United States of America. What do you have about naturopathic
doctors as a WHOLE. There are thousands of them. Would it be fair for
me to single out individual conventional doctors? Especially ones who
are UNLICENSED. Where are the thousands of people protesting and
complaining about bad experiences with naturopathic doctors?
Naturopathic doctors have UNIVERSITIES. It is not a profession in
hiding. My naturopathic doctor has a big sign outside her office. She
is in the yellow pages. She has a website. She is not in a back alley.

Brad_Chad

Old May 12th 05, 02:07 PM
Jeff

"Brad_Chad" wrote in message
oups.com...
You never cease to amaze me. You dig up some articles about an
UNLICENSED naturopathic doctor and somebody in Australia. I don't even
know the licensing requirements in Australia. I really don't care. I'm
in the United States of America. What do you have about naturopathic
doctors as a WHOLE. There are thousands of them. Would it be fair for
me to single out individual conventional doctors? Especially ones who
are UNLICENSED. Where are the thousands of people protesting and
complaining about bad experiences with naturopathic doctors?
Naturopathic doctors have UNIVERSITIES. It is not a profession in
hiding. My naturopathic doctor has a big sign outside her office. She
is in the yellow pages. She has a website. She is not in a back alley.

Being in the yellow pages or having a website does not a good doctor make.

And naturopaths are quacks.

http://www.naturowatch.org/

Brad_Chad