I want to cry!

Old September 2nd 07, 02:22 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Bryna

Default I want to cry!

I feel bad posting about my stuff when I'm generally just a lurker --
I'm sure it's bad netiquette and I do apologize, but in my community
it's taboo to discuss a pregnancy before the first trimester has
ended, so I can't talk to any of my friends here, and I'm having such
a hard time.

I'm so miserable with nausea that I feel like I can't take it
anymore. I'm only about eight weeks along and I know there is
probably another good three or four weeks to go (my symptoms have
always cleared up by the end of the first trimester so I'm hoping they
will this time too.) I've had rough first trimesters before due to
migraines , but I've never had this 24-hour-a-day overwhelming nausea
before. It probably sounds pretty lame to those of you who have had
hyperemesis, or been sick throughout the whole pregnancy, but I really
don't tolerate nausea well in general (emetophobic) and I'm in a
constant state of anxiety on top of the physical discomfort. I am
only sleeping a few hours at night because I also always get insomnia
during my first and last trimesters. I don't have the energy to play
with my kids or take care of the house -- I'm just consumed with
feeling ill. I was so excited about this pregnancy but right now I
just feel overwhelmed.

I'm trying all the remedies I can think of. I eat constantly
(sometimes the actual time of eating gives me a bit of a break from
the nausea but it comes right back afterward), I suck on mints and
drink ginger tea and sniff lemons. I tried half a Unisom with B6, but
the foggy feeling before I fell asleep gave me a panic attack itself.
I know I just have to wait it out. But I just feel like it's too much
for me to handle. My hormones are going nuts and I'm crying at the
drop of a hat. I burst into tears today while rereading "Walden Two"
by B.F. Skinner -- it may be hard to believe, but behavioral science
has never been a tearjerker for me before.

Thanks for letting me vent. I know I'll get through this, it just
doesn't feel like it right now.

Bryna
#4 due 4/14/08

Old September 2nd 07, 04:37 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
betsy

On Sep 1, 6:22 pm, Bryna wrote:

I'm so miserable with nausea that I feel like I can't take it
anymore. I'm only about eight weeks along and I know there is
probably another good three or four weeks to go

I'm sorry you are right in the middle of feeling so icky. I tend to
feel like I have been pregnant forever by the time I reach 6 weeks.
It is hard to look forward knowing the feeling will continue. I'm a
couple months ahead of you. I am still digging out my house from the
chaos that resulted from me spending much of the first trimester
reclining on the couch.

I'm trying all the remedies I can think of. I eat constantly

One other thing that helps me is to make sure that I go to the
bathroom very frequently. If I wait until I really need to go, I am
throwing up.

I know the insomnia is so hard when you are already so tired.

My pregnancies where I thought I was handling my morning sickness
reasonably well were the ones that ended in miscarriage. When I feel
sick now, I try to console myself by reminding myself that it is a
good sign.

I hope you feel better soon and that it doesn't seem so long.

--Betsy

#4 due 4/14/08

Hey, I'm sorry you feel so bad. It's a really horrible feeling, and it just
drags you right down.
Don't stress about your house - I'm guessing that by the time you start
feeling better it still won't be as bad as those they've had on Oprah lol.
And if worse comes to worse remember there is the cleaning nesting phase
that kicks in just before the baby arrives - maybe it's really there to
clean up the mess thats resulted during our pregnancies!
And kids are pretty adaptable - it's only short term so they'll cope and
they've got each other to amuse themselves. I'm a couple of weeks ahead of
you, and my 19 month DD now knows the word "sick". When I'm feeling sorry
for myself and slothing on the couch she comes up to me and pats me (to make
me feel better) and says sick, nodding. So hey, she's at least learning to
empathise which is not a bad thing, doubtless it's bringing out new things
in your kids too.
And maybe if you can try to relax a bit more you'll be able to sleep?
Either way - chin up, you'll get through it, and feel free to vent to your
hearts content if it helps

Old September 6th 07, 08:20 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Bryna

Betsy and Linda,

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. I've been too sick
to be online much the past few days, but I do appreciate your
replies. I'm just trying to hang in there and remind myself that this
too shall pass.

I hope you'll be feeling much better soon, Linda! Your 19-month-old
sounds like a real sweetie. My 20-month-old just climbs on top of me
and tries to nurse when she sees me lying on the couch.

Bryna