GARFIELD and other stuff (OT)

Old June 12th 04, 05:08 AM

Default GARFIELD and other stuff (OT)

We enjoyed the heck out of that movie. Of course, he looks exactly like our
"ser ser, the fatty bear" cat (the transgender cat). I took nieces and nephews
along with the kids.....and we had a blast.
On our way we drove past the site where about four years ago, I worked a
wreck involving a little boy who did not have his seatbelt on, and died before
we could extract him from the vehicle.
I cried that day, because usually this stuff does not bother me, but his age
and that it was his birthday and hearing his mother scream his name over and
over was too much (my being a mother made it particularly difficult).....
Today when we rode by there, the exact spot, usually weedy and overgrown,
there was a pink hibiscus growing. It was the most amazing thing.
It gave me some peace.
Please make sure all kids are properly restrained. Even a mile down the road
could be dangerous without it.
Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Starting the new job next week and I am so excited!

Old June 15th 04, 07:46 PM
Karen O'Mara

"V" wrote in message ...
[...]

Gee, this was a sweet post... thanks for posting it. I hope the mother
sees the hibiscus, too.

(btw, is this Vicky who used to post here a while back?)

Karen
Old June 16th 04, 03:03 AM

"Karen O'Mara" wrote in message
om...
"V" wrote in message

[...]

Indeedy! For many years, actually...from the ole Peter days....
How are you Karen?

Old June 16th 04, 10:40 PM
Karen O'Mara

"V" wrote in message ...
Indeedy! For many years, actually...from the ole Peter days....
How are you Karen?

wow! Well, hi!

All is okay with me. Emily graduated from high school on Friday. Time
sure goes by fast.

Karen
Old June 17th 04, 02:22 AM

"V" wrote in message

Indeedy! For many years, actually...from the ole Peter days....
How are you Karen?

wow! Well, hi!

All is okay with me. Emily graduated from high school on Friday. Time
sure goes by fast.

Karen

Oh my!
What are her plans now? This means an empty nest?

Old June 17th 04, 02:22 AM
Alex Nemeth

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 02:03:46 GMT, "V" wrote:

"Karen O'Mara" wrote in message
. com...
"V" wrote in message

[...]

Careful.....Your dating yourself..:-)

AlexN From the "Prior" to Peter Days

Old June 17th 04, 02:43 AM

news

"V" wrote in message

[...]

Oh honey, I know!
I do not feel my youthful 32..almost 33...
tee hee...::waving at Alex:: been okay Alex?

Old June 18th 04, 10:06 PM
Karen O'Mara

"V" wrote in message ...
Oh my!
What are her plans now? This means an empty nest?

Not really, although things seem so different now. Emily's going to
the community college in Sept. and living at home with me. Now, she's
working for the city, driving herself around, has a friend who is
almost a boyfriend, and going out and having some fun, she's going to
Hawaii with 5 other girls who just graduated in a few days, and she's
going to drive across country (well, to North Dakota) with my sister
and her new puppy.... I guess the weirdest part is that she's
considerate and doesn't need reminding to do stuff like empty the
dishwasher or take out the garbage... it's almost like having a
roomie. But, she asks for advice and permission to do stuff and so on.
It's very pleasant times... Sorry news is that the relationship with
her father just sort of ended this year. I think it was a mutual.

So, it's an empty nest in some ways... my little girl is growing up.

Thanks for asking,
Karen
Old June 19th 04, 03:29 AM

"V" wrote in message

[...]

Sounds like she is turning into quite the lady =)
Good job Karen!