GED

Old January 12th 08, 02:05 PM posted to alt.child-support
Chris[_3_]

Default GED

Hi everyone,
If a child drops out of school and gets GED before they are 18 years
of age. Once they turn 18 are you then done with child support?
Thanks
Old January 12th 08, 03:04 PM posted to alt.child-support
Gini[_2_]

"Chris" wrote
Hi everyone,
If a child drops out of school and gets GED before they are 18 years
of age. Once they turn 18 are you then done with child support?
Thanks

=====

What state? You will have to research the controlling state's statutes--they
are all online now.

Old January 13th 08, 02:05 PM posted to alt.child-support
Chris[_3_]

On Jan 12, 9:04 am, "Gini" wrote:
"Chris" wrote Hi everyone,
If a child drops out of school and gets GED before they are 18 years
of age. Once they turn 18 are you then done with child support?
Thanks

=====

What state? You will have to research the controlling state's statutes--they
are all online now.

arkansas
Can't find much on GED.
Old January 13th 08, 03:25 PM posted to alt.child-support
don_1228

arkansas
Can't find much on GED.

No, but since Arkansas does terminate CS upon high school graduation
(http://www.ncsl.org/programs/cyf/educate.htm) you should be able to
call an attorney or get information from the local Clerk of Courts to
see if the system will automatically view the GED as equivalent to
high school graduation.Odds are they do, but if not then you could
file a motion.

Don
Old January 13th 08, 04:14 PM posted to alt.child-support
Gini[_2_]

"Chris" wrote in message
On Jan 12, 9:04 am, "Gini" wrote:
"Chris" wrote Hi everyone,
If a child drops out of school and gets GED before they are 18 years
of age. Once they turn 18 are you then done with child support?
Thanks

=====

What state? You will have to research the controlling state's
statutes--they
are all online now.

arkansas
Can't find much on GED.

===
GED is equivalent to high school graduation. What does it say about
graduation? Is there
post HS grad/18 support?

Old January 13th 08, 05:02 PM posted to alt.child-support
Chris[_3_]

Does say will terminate at graduation or when the child turns18.

I found it VERY hard to find anything at all for fathers in the state
of Arkansas.
Here is a link that does talk about child support and how to terminate
child support. I found more for employers and how to terminate
withholding when the obligation is over.

http://www.arkleg.state.ar.us/ftproo...htm/HB1962.htm

You can find a lot of info on how to get child support. Not so with
termination of obligation.
If I find more for fathers I will post it so if some other father has
an issue in Arkansas this might pop up.

Old January 13th 08, 07:11 PM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

"Chris" wrote in message

Does say will terminate at graduation or when the child turns18.

I found it VERY hard to find anything at all for fathers in the state
of Arkansas.
Here is a link that does talk about child support and how to terminate
child support. I found more for employers and how to terminate
withholding when the obligation is over.

http://www.arkleg.state.ar.us/ftproo...htm/HB1962.htm

You can find a lot of info on how to get child support. Not so with
termination of obligation.
If I find more for fathers I will post it so if some other father has
an issue in Arkansas this might pop up.

From personal experience I can tell you there are only two things the CS
system does that help fathers. One, they do an accurate accounting of CS
payments so all the games about what is paid, or not paid, stop. And two,
they will assist a father to get a Satisfaction of Judgment when their
records indicate CS accruals should stop. Other than those two items there
is nothing the CS system does that even remotely benefits a father.

Old January 14th 08, 07:30 PM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

On Jan 13, 2:11 pm, "Bob Whiteside" wrote:

From personal experience I can tell you there are only two things the CS
system does that help fathers. One, they do an accurate accounting of CS
payments so all the games about what is paid, or not paid, stop. And two,
they will assist a father to get a Satisfaction of Judgment when their
records indicate CS accruals should stop. Other than those two items there
is nothing the CS system does that even remotely benefits a father.

Hey Bob,

I would add that the Court of Appeals of Virginia has stated that
Virginia's DCSE is not obligated to maintain accurate accounting
records. :-)

No, really.
Old January 15th 08, 12:45 AM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

wrote in message
On Jan 13, 2:11 pm, "Bob Whiteside" wrote:

From personal experience I can tell you there are only two things the CS
system does that help fathers. One, they do an accurate accounting of CS
payments so all the games about what is paid, or not paid, stop. And
two,
they will assist a father to get a Satisfaction of Judgment when their
records indicate CS accruals should stop. Other than those two items
there
is nothing the CS system does that even remotely benefits a father.

Hey Bob,

I would add that the Court of Appeals of Virginia has stated that
Virginia's DCSE is not obligated to maintain accurate accounting
records. :-)

No, really.

It never ceases to amaze me how court decisions don't make sense.

So in their infinite wisdom how does the Virginia Court of Appeals direct
the state to reconcile Interstate CS orders? If Virginia CSE is not the
"Official Record Keeper" for Virginia orders (originated in VA or enforced
in VA) how do the baboons in black robes propose your state deal with
Interstate orders and enforcement?

Old January 17th 08, 12:23 PM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

On Jan 12, 9:05*am, Chris wrote:
Hi everyone,
If a child drops out of school and gets GED before they are 18 years
of age. Once they turn 18 are you then done with child support?
Thanks

Chances are that in AK as in other states, parents are responsible for
their children until they are considered adults (usually at 18). For
instance, if you child graduates from HS at 16, you are still
responsible for the child's medical expenses, housing, food, and
clothing until the child turns 18. You can't say, "You've graduated
from HS, so you are not my responsibility anymore."

It is would help if you could state what the CSCO decree states as to
when CS would no longer be paid as to what conditions.
If it says until graduation of HS, or until said child turns 18, then
you are responsible to make your CS payments until the child turns 18.
If said child graduates at 19, you are not required to pay CS after
the child's 18th birthday. Check with a lawyer, or the judge that
established the CS order and ask them to clairify the ruling and then
please let us know.
It can be usefull information.