Vancouver with a toddler?

Old April 21st 06, 06:32 PM posted to misc.kids

Default Vancouver with a toddler?

DH has a conference in Vancouver (BC) in June, so we're all going... Does
anyone have suggestions for toddler-friendly activities up there? And I'm
looking into hotels with suites; the conference is downtown (by Robson
square) and I've found a few hotels there, as well as a few in the Sunset
Beach area -- does anyone know anything about those locations? Is that
whole area pretty stroller/walking friendly? I don't think we'll have a
car.

Thanks!
Em
mama to Micah, 11/14/04

Old April 21st 06, 06:43 PM posted to misc.kids

"emilymr" emily@xxxxxx wrote in message
lkaboutparenting.com...
DH has a conference in Vancouver (BC) in June, so we're all going... Does
anyone have suggestions for toddler-friendly activities up there? And I'm
looking into hotels with suites; the conference is downtown (by Robson
square) and I've found a few hotels there, as well as a few in the Sunset
Beach area -- does anyone know anything about those locations? Is that
whole area pretty stroller/walking friendly? I don't think we'll have a
car.

Thanks!
Em
mama to Micah, 11/14/04

By June, the weather will be even nicer in Van. The parks and beaches will
most likely be in full swing. You can always go to the tower - not sure if
a toddler would be very interested, but it's still a neat experience... A
toddler might like to look down, down, down and could be amazed with it. I
find everything in the city is fairly easy to get around to - easier to bus
or walk than drive, anyways, as traffic can be horrible. It took us over
half an hour to cross the bridge when we were there last, and yes, people
walking the bridge were making far better time than we were.
Just stay away from East Hastings and you should be just fine.

Old April 21st 06, 11:02 PM posted to misc.kids

emilymr wrote:
DH has a conference in Vancouver (BC) in June, so we're all going... Does
anyone have suggestions for toddler-friendly activities up there? And I'm
looking into hotels with suites; the conference is downtown (by Robson
square) and I've found a few hotels there, as well as a few in the Sunset
Beach area -- does anyone know anything about those locations? Is that
whole area pretty stroller/walking friendly? I don't think we'll have a
car.

Thanks!
Em
mama to Micah, 11/14/04

Robson Square is very central - close to shops, restaurants and public
transit. All of downtown is very pedestrian friendly. Not sure about
toddler activities thou, you might have to take transit somewhere, such
as the Kids Market on Granville Island. See the following website for
more info: http://www.findfamilyfun.com/

Old April 22nd 06, 04:22 AM posted to misc.kids

Wow, thanks everyone!! Stacey; I'm printing out your list of
recommendations.

Em
mama to Micah, 11/14/04