Kind of graphic mucous question

Old September 30th 03, 02:21 PM
Kari

Default Kind of graphic mucous question

I know that lots of people have lost their mucous plug and not gone into
labor for days but help me out here because I dont know if this is what is
happening or if its the bloody show, or is it the same?

This morning I had some pretty copius mucous and it was brownish with a
little red in it too. I haven't had an exam or sex or anything that might
otherwise cause it. I did have some brownish clumpy mucous last week after
my exam but Im pretty sure that the exam caused it. Also, I was 2 cm
dialated and 50% effaced then, so wouldn't I have already lost the plug if
Im dialated? Im not sure how that works. I never lost it with the other
kids, both times I went in labor I was just barely dialated when I got to
the hospital.

I was under the impression the the mucous plug was more gelatanous (sp?) but
this was like ovulation CM. Also, last night I had really bad pains low down
that didnt feel like contractions, my belly wasn't getting hard but they
hurt so much I kept dreaming about the pain and it would wake me up. So far
this morning, nothing more as far as that goes.

Anyway, Im hoping this is it. I spent all day yesterday throwing up and
laying around I felt so crappy. I hope that is all a good sign because I am
SO ready to have this baby!!

Kari
mom to Kaylie (7) Noah (4) and #3 due any time now

Old September 30th 03, 02:50 PM
SMK

Kari wrote:

[...]

I hope this is it! Good luck!
With my first I did have show at 2.30 am and was not dilated, but 50 %
effaced. I had to be induced more than 24 hours later, coz of my weak
contractions......

--
Vidya
mom to Vandu(4)

Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 03:23 PM
And again he strikes........ Doan strikes ...... again! was Kids should work... Kane General 2 December 6th 03 03:28 AM
question about early/pre-labour (somewhat graphic) Em Pregnancy 0 September 9th 03 04:24 AM