Baby cries a lot

Old October 5th 07, 10:19 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
[email protected]

Default Baby cries a lot

AA is two and a half months old. He feeds well, burps ok and is
gaining weight as normal as he should. But he cries a lot, mostly he
is quite only when he is sleep which is usually during the day. Nights
are usually irritating. Being mother first time, it is difficult to
cope with this. Your expert comments are needed to handle it better.

Old October 5th 07, 01:39 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Cath

I don't have any comments (yet) but I do have lots of questions which
will hopefully lead to some better comments.

- "feeds well" - how often? how long? is he fully draining at least
one side? is he content at the end of a feed? (relating to foremilk/
hindmilk inbalances, suppy issues, misreading queues (I did this one
at first and was misinterpreting DS's overtired cry with hungry cry
and things weren't going well until I sorted that out))
- "cries a lot" - what kind of cry? does he seem to be in pain,
crunching/arching? is there a time pattern - ie 30 min after a feed
or something like that? (is he crying because he's gassy, maybe
reflux)
- "burps ok" - is he hard to burp? spits up a lot? spits up long after
a feed (relating to reflux)
- how does he sleep? what's his usual nap/bedtime schedule? (is he
overtired? my DS improved when we got into a consistent nap/bedtime
schedule)
- diapers? - does he have weird poop? stringy? excessive mucous?
blood (ok you probably would have mentioned that but...) (all signs
of food intolerances to stuff in your breastmilk)
- rashes?
- early teething? (10 weeks would be really early but you never
know...)

My DS cried A LOT as well so my questions are a little biased towards
the stuff that led me to some answers (and quiet). While I was
figuring it out I found that earplugs helped. It didn't help him cry
any less but it did help me be able to be in the same room and comfort
him while not going completely insane.

Old October 6th 07, 01:30 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Jolande

See your other reply for some important questions. Have you been to
the doctor?

When I was pregant, I was told by all midwives and health visitors
that breastfed baby's almost never get colic. Well, mine did. And if
it wasn't for gripe water, I would have gone positively insane. The
colic drops (like Infacol) did nothing at all, but gripe water really
works. It might work with your baby, however, first and farmost
important, assess that there isn't something else going on.

My DS stopped crying at 4 months, and that was the end of that. You
will get through the crying stage. I used to think it was all my
fault, that I was doing something wrong with him, etc... etc...
Needless to say, I did have postnatal depression. But I think someone
telling me that DS was not crying because of me, but because he was
just a 'cry baby' would have done me the world of good.

All the best!

-x-
Jolande

On Oct 5, 10:19 am, wrote:
AA is two and a half months old. He feeds well, burps ok and is
gaining weight as normal as he should. But he cries a lot, mostly he
is quite only when he is sleep which is usually during the day. Nights
are usually irritating. Being mother first time, it is difficult to
cope with this. Your expert comments are needed to handle it better.

4 Year Old Cries Before Pre-School [email protected] General 66 January 20th 07 03:20 PM
baby cries when he looks at mother borg General 1 November 9th 06 03:06 AM
baby cries at mother borg Solutions 0 November 9th 06 12:11 AM
my two years old still cries at daycare wokingmommy General 20 July 12th 06 03:00 PM
baby ( 5 mo) cries are Brahms Lullaby Dipu General 3 June 5th 04 01:21 PM