homework hassels

Old March 8th 04, 10:07 PM
Kim

Default Teachers

'Kate wrote in message

Er... what's "fun"?

'Kate

Fun is blowing bubbles in your milk... But don't let your mom catch ya...
Dang they get so mad... Fun is *grin* giving your puppy a mouthful of peanut
butter and watching the commotion... Getting caught at the kitchen table
with your children, 3 glasses of milk, 3 forks AND a chocolate cake by your
mom *giggle* boy was she funny...

Kate fun is alot of things Every day is fun if you let it

Old March 10th 04, 07:14 AM
David

While I still worry about how that teacher will act with other children, having
'got away with it' this time, I certainly agree with you Kate that there is a
time to fight and a time to run - and for each of us, it is only ourselves that
can know which is right for us at any one time.

David

'Kate wrote:

I suggest that, as I stated days ago, that how we handle situations in
our lives will vary. Sometimes we don't have time or energy or simply
are not in a position to do the best thing for the world and have to
pare our lives down to do what is best for our children. And there are
the worst times in ones life when getting dinner on the table for the
children, making sure that they have clean clothes, and getting them to
school on time with their homework completed is all that one can manage.
I am not entirely certain everyone can understand what that feels like.
But having lived that for a period of time, I know others understand.
Perhaps that's why our opinions on this vary. What we think we would
do, what we would like to do, and what is possible are not the same
things sometimes.

'Kate

Old March 10th 04, 07:25 AM
David

Hi Kim

It wasn't so long ago that children with an intellectual disadvantage were hung
upside down in the hope of more blood to their brain the smarter they would
get. A "refinement" of this approach was to strap them to a wheel type devise,
and spin them around for hours at a time - the idea being that this would FORCE
more blood to their brain and they would end up no longer retarded (as they
were labelled then)

David - who is so glad we have improved (well a bit anyway) in our views of how
people with a disability should be treated

Kim wrote:

I did read the entire post... Several times... Each time I read it I got
angrier and angrier and it wasn't even MY child... I don't care who she
thought she was emulating... If she's living that far in the past perhaps
it's time she took a few refresher courses or retired? It might have been
better for the kids... Next year she may read that a scholar hung his pupils
upside down for hours on end to get the blood rushing to their brains... Who
knows what else she could come up with... Ahhhhhhhhh more "what ifs"

Agreeing to disagree more
sorry
Kim

Old March 10th 04, 01:41 PM
Tiffany

David wrote in message
Hi Kim

It wasn't so long ago that children with an intellectual disadvantage were

hung
upside down in the hope of more blood to their brain the smarter they

would
get. A "refinement" of this approach was to strap them to a wheel type

devise,
and spin them around for hours at a time - the idea being that this would

FORCE
more blood to their brain and they would end up no longer retarded (as

they
were labelled then)

David - who is so glad we have improved (well a bit anyway) in our views

of how
people with a disability should be treated

Very true, David. That was a nice reminder of things from the past.
Unfortunately, the mistreatment goes on, just in different forms.

Tiffany - who needs to be hung upside down today.

Old April 2nd 04, 07:04 PM
dolores

"David" wrote in message
I think an assault charge is in order - plus an AVO to prevent more

attacks

David - who would NEVER allow a teacher (or anyone else) to assault his

children
like that

PS and my view has nothing to do with any disorder the child may have - it

is
simply that this is a degrading and humilating practice that is an assault

V wrote:

His teacher would tap over and over on their foreheads to get blood to

their
brains. I had a conference with her about his. I did not like my child
repeatedly having someone thug him on the forhead. She made it seems as

though
I overreacted, but with his connective tissue disorder and the fact I

teach
them no one is to touch them, especially painfully and then...well, I am
confused myself, but I did not like it at all. How would you guys have

handled
this situation?
curiously,

Tell her if it happens one more time you are going to press charges for
assault. Better still, go to the head and tell him/her the same
thing.......

I've just had a fairly similar thing here (with my 14y/o son) and told the
Principal excatly that. I also told her that I gave my son full authority to
walk out of this teachers class, call me in........and I would come in
alright.......and press charges. End of problem!. If you dont protect your
child, nobody else will.

Dolores

Old April 2nd 04, 07:09 PM
dolores

'Kate wrote in message ...
On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 21:51:20 GMT, "V"

'Kate wrote in message

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 15:40:33 -0400, "Kim"

Yes she did but what about the other children? what about the

children
next
year and the year after and after...

Perhaps that falls under the heading of "not that mother's problem."

We
cannot be responsible for everything at all times. Sometimes we have

pick our battles wisely so that they do not further harm our children.

'Kate

Indeed it does. If it were more serious, I would, but nope. Not gonna do

it.
Kate I am starting to get tired with the "not getting its"..you get what

mean?

Yeah... I understand. I think it's because we're women. The fact that a
minority of "women" dumb down to the level of a tree stump and act like
little girls doesn't help.

'Kate

Well I second that one for sure.........

Dolores

Old April 3rd 04, 11:54 AM
QuietDavid

Goodonya

David

dolores wrote:

Tell her if it happens one more time you are going to press charges for
assault. Better still, go to the head and tell him/her the same
thing.......

I've just had a fairly similar thing here (with my 14y/o son) and told the
Principal excatly that. I also told her that I gave my son full authority to
walk out of this teachers class, call me in........and I would come in
alright.......and press charges. End of problem!. If you dont protect your
child, nobody else will.

Dolores

Homework over spring break (long) beeswing General (moderated) 156 April 5th 05 03:41 PM
Newbie to newsgroups, not to being a mom. DPB General (moderated) 8 March 30th 04 10:50 PM
Too hard on my child? toypup General 70 March 18th 04 09:13 PM
More homework ranting! Circe General 43 September 29th 03 11:26 PM
Homework revisited Cathy Kearns General 24 September 24th 03 09:16 PM