Hi Any single parents from Australia?

Old August 22nd 04, 07:47 PM
CME

"lm" wrote in message
On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 09:48:17 GMT, "CME"
wrote:

"NIC" .. wrote in message
. com.au...

"CME" wrote in message
news4WVc.34733$jZ5.1064@clgrps13...

"NIC" .. wrote in message
om.au...

"lm" wrote in message
On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 00:31:18 +1000, "NIC" .. wrote:

"CME" wrote in message

"Ms Louise Clayton" wrote in message
Hi
I just joined the group and wondered are there any singles

from
Australia?
I live in NSW Australia with teenage kids.
Like to learn more about life for singles in other countries

as
well.
Chloe

Welcome to the group. I know a single mother in Melbourne I
believe,
she's
not in this group... but I should introduce it to her... geez

what
was
thinking, and why haven't I done it sooner? lol

Christine

That would be me

Hey there all. Single mother to Thomas (7 months) & Full Time

carer
my
Father who suffers from multiple sclerosis.

Know of any more aussie posters?

Hullo nic, and welcome. I'm a former single parent, happily

married
now to an aussie who came to the u.s. to be with my boys and me.

Boys
are 10 and 8. That's a lot of caring you're doing for others -- I

hope
you're finding enough time to care for yourself a bit too.

lm

Good for you lm! It's so nice to hear that there are men out

there
willing to take on the whole package!!

I'm sure Christine will let you all know that I do indeed take time

out
for
myself. With a few online games we tend to terrorize together and

few
forum/message boards we seem to have a great liking to spam (go

girl
flame
on!!). Aside from my release here on the pc, I do occasionally get

spend
a day to myself... Hairdresser, Catch up on chores (i'm a clean

freak,
yes
it's a novelty for me to do this), SLEEEEEEEEEEEEP!.

As for the level of caring I do..... Wouldn't you? My daddy is my

daddy
and
my son is my life..... What more can I say?

You and I are alot alike Nic (I had to consciously type that and not

EQ.
lol) Anyways, we tend to give and give until we wear ourselves out.

am
actually thinking of hitting a spa in the next week, I've never been.
Yeah
yeah I'm deprived. lol But I've been on a bit of a shopping spree

this
week, got some extra money on the go so I bought a new down duvet, a

hair
straightner, lingerie etc (I'm trying to pretty up for next month.

lol)

Christine

LOL, do you know how hard it has been to not say 'yeah, brazen' ;x
Mmmmm, Spa!! Sounds awesome. DO let me know how it goes - I've been
interested in going to one for a while, they just seem to be soooo
expensive, and even then argh!! finding the time!.....
I was lucky a few weeks back on the cash front and did all my spoiling

then
Feels sooooo good. Go silly!! You deserve it. (Don't you go too

silly
on the spending spree tho - you need to save for vegas!
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!)
I've slowly started to pack - will be moving into the new house within

the
next 8 weeks - packing is soooo yukky but the thought of a bran new

house
is
soooo well, YaYaY! Kinda makes it all worth it.

Nic...

I think a consistent issue for single parents is of course the one

income,
so the frills are few and far between.

I'd get some personal opinions about that spa before you shell out the
cash, for that reason. My mom visited recently and we went and did a
2-for-1 manicure/pedicure and it was a pretty penny even with the
coupon and it turned out it really wasn't worth the money. We could've
saved the money and done as good a job on each other's toes while
sipping a couple of margaritas :-)

lm

Yeah it's a reputable spa, the pedicure I could do myself, it's the waxing
I'm not going to tackle on my own...

Christine

Old August 22nd 04, 09:55 PM
denanson

"CME" wrote in message

But I've been on a bit of a shopping spree this
week, got some extra money on the go so I bought a new down duvet, a hair
straightner, lingerie etc (I'm trying to pretty up for next month. lol)

What is so special about next month?
What does a new duvet have to do with feeling pretty?

Dennis

Old August 23rd 04, 01:46 AM
Ms Louise Clayton

Hi Dennis
What part of Ireland are you in?
Thanks for the words of greeting.
How many kids do you have?
What is it like to be a single parent in Ireland?
Are there lots of services available or not?
I look forward to hearing about your single parent life and what life is
like for you.
I live in a rural inland community of 600, but I have never seen more than
10 people on any given day.
I am originally from the city.
I find life tiring as I live with my 3 teenage kids but have no parents or
siblings so no one other than social workers to share my problems and ideas
with.
Be interesting to get feed back from parents overseas.
Louise
I just joined the group and wondered are there any singles from

Australia?
I live in NSW Australia with teenage kids.
Like to learn more about life for singles in other countries as well.
Chloe

Greetings from Ireland
Dennis

Old August 23rd 04, 04:17 AM
CME

"CME" wrote in message

But I've been on a bit of a shopping spree this
week, got some extra money on the go so I bought a new down duvet, a

hair
straightner, lingerie etc (I'm trying to pretty up for next month. lol)

What is so special about next month?
What does a new duvet have to do with feeling pretty?

Dennis

Hmm I guess shopping for a new duvet helps me sleep better? My old one was
sprouting feathers. As for next month, I'm off to Vancouver to meet a guy
I've been talking to for a number of months. We have mutual friends so this
is really exciting for us both, we get along fabulously.

Christine

Old August 23rd 04, 08:38 AM
Cele

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 03:17:02 GMT, "CME"
claimed:

Hmm I guess shopping for a new duvet helps me sleep better? My old one was
sprouting feathers. As for next month, I'm off to Vancouver to meet a guy
I've been talking to for a number of months. We have mutual friends so this
is really exciting for us both, we get along fabulously.

Christine

So, while you're here, want to do lunch?

Cele
Old August 23rd 04, 08:46 PM
CME

"Cele" wrote in message
On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 03:17:02 GMT, "CME"
claimed:

Hmm I guess shopping for a new duvet helps me sleep better? My old one

was
sprouting feathers. As for next month, I'm off to Vancouver to meet a

guy
I've been talking to for a number of months. We have mutual friends so

this
is really exciting for us both, we get along fabulously.

Christine

So, while you're here, want to do lunch?

Cele

Oh yes that's a wonderful idea! I have so many people to see so it's a
great excuse to extend my visit.

Christine

Old August 24th 04, 09:34 AM
Cele

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 19:46:43 GMT, "CME"
claimed:

"Cele" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 03:17:02 GMT, "CME"
claimed:

Hmm I guess shopping for a new duvet helps me sleep better? My old one

was
sprouting feathers. As for next month, I'm off to Vancouver to meet a

guy
I've been talking to for a number of months. We have mutual friends so

this
is really exciting for us both, we get along fabulously.

Christine

So, while you're here, want to do lunch?

Cele

Oh yes that's a wonderful idea! I have so many people to see so it's a
great excuse to extend my visit.

Christine

So my email is c l temple at shaw dot ca and if you'd like
to email we can do the time and date working thing.....

Cele
Old August 25th 04, 05:28 AM
CME

"Cele" wrote in message
On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 19:46:43 GMT, "CME"
claimed:

"Cele" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Excellent, I'll let you know when. It all depends on his work/my school
schedule so I'm crossing my fingers.

Christine

Old August 25th 04, 05:57 AM
Cele

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 04:28:18 GMT, "CME"
claimed:

So, while you're here, want to do lunch?

Cele

Oh yes that's a wonderful idea! I have so many people to see so it's a
great excuse to extend my visit.

Christine

So my email is c l temple at shaw dot ca and if you'd like
to email we can do the time and date working thing.....

Cele

Excellent, I'll let you know when. It all depends on his work/my school
schedule so I'm crossing my fingers.

Christine

Great! And I'll tell you about Paul G's visit......:-)

Cele
Old August 25th 04, 09:07 AM
CME

"Cele" wrote in message
On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 04:28:18 GMT, "CME"
claimed:

So, while you're here, want to do lunch?

Cele

Oh yes that's a wonderful idea! I have so many people to see so it's

great excuse to extend my visit.

Christine

So my email is c l temple at shaw dot ca and if you'd like
to email we can do the time and date working thing.....

Cele

Excellent, I'll let you know when. It all depends on his work/my school
schedule so I'm crossing my fingers.

Christine

Great! And I'll tell you about Paul G's visit......:-)

Cele

Yeah unfortunately he ran out of time before he could come to Edmonton,
there's not much to see here really... THE Mall, river valley, and Elk
Island Park are the only things that come to mind. Ah well, I'd rather go
to Wales anyways. lol

Christine