VENT: I am tired of being sick

Old November 4th 03, 09:05 PM
Daye

Default VENT: I am tired of being sick

Hello all...

I just need to vent. I am 30 weeks pregnant. I am starting week 2 of
being sick. I haven't had a decent night's sleep in days.

Last week, I had a stomach bug. It lasted 2 days, and then it was
over. Luckily, no one else seemed to be affected by it, which was
good. My DH has been sick with a sore throat/ear infection for a week
or so. He gave it to DD, and then I finally got it.

DH and DD have been dealing okay with it, but then there are meds that
they can take since they are not pregnant. I have been trying to get
by with some Panadol (tylenol) and my anti-histaime. I take 1/2 of
one in the morning and 1/2 at night. It does help... some... not a
lot.

Because my throat is killing me and I am all stopped up, sleeping is a
nightmare. I fall asleep, and sleep for a hour or two at a time. I
think I woke up about 5 times last night. After I wake up, it takes a
while to find a comfortable position and then to go back to sleep.
Only to have to do it all over again an hour or so later.

I am so tired and I feel like crap. I keep getting sick in this
pregnancy. Last one, I was healthy for almost all of it. That was
one of the good things about it. I was in pain, but I wasn't sick.
Now, I am sick, in pain and just exhausted.

I am so looking forward to having the baby and getting well. 10 weeks
just seems so long.

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan
Old November 4th 03, 09:09 PM
Ilse Witch

Daye wrote:
I am so looking forward to having the baby and getting well. 10 weeks
just seems so long.

You will get there. Take good care, spoil yourself whenever you can
and try to relax as much as you can. And try to do fun things to get
your mind of how you feel. {{{{{{{{Daye}}}}}}}}}

--
-- I
mommy to DS (15m)

Old November 4th 03, 09:18 PM
Shena Delian O'Brien

Daye wrote:

I am so looking forward to having the baby and getting well. 10 weeks
just seems so long.

I'm right there with you, only I'm just 17w3d. Since getting pregnant I
have had allergies so bad that I am sneezing about 50 times a day,
constantly dripping nose and sore eyes, it is like having a bad cold for
9 months straight !!!

For me it's allergic rhinitis of pregnancy, just my luck... won't go
away until baby is here!

I am too nervous to take full doses of sudafed even though dr. says it's
ok... too nervous to take more than 1 pill at a time and no more than 2
pills a day *on bad days*. I try to take no pills at all ever... which
is ok on days I work because for some reason I AM ALLERGIC TO MY OWN
APARTMENT !!!! being home on the weekends is a sickfest!!!

I told DH that we were going to scour the apartment soon, vacuum
everything and under everything, and spray down the entire house with
that febreeze allergy stuff !!!

Old November 5th 03, 12:33 AM
Rosenugga

Daye

I don't know about Australia but we have something here called Tylenol sore
throat. It's basically liquid tylenol. It does great for sore throats and
since its just tylenol (I'm pretty sure) it should be safe. You might check
with your dr about it. Hope this helps.
Rose
Mamma to Caity Feb 13 1999 ( Daddy's best birthday present)

Old November 5th 03, 12:44 AM
cara

Daye wrote:

[...]

Just wanted to commisserate with you - my DD (3.5) has had walking
pneumonia for the past 2 weeks so she's been up in the night constantly
with fever, coughing, then horrific hives...and now of course I'm totally
sick, luckily with what appears to be just a cold, but still enough to
keep me up hacking all night long for the past 5 nights straight. Today I
finally went to the doc and said you have to give me *something* so I can
sleep, I am non-functional. He gave me tylenol with codeine and so I'm
looking forward to some sleep tonight. I'm 20 weeks, btw. Being sick
while pregnant is the worst.

cara

Old November 5th 03, 04:46 AM
Erin

Default I am tired of being sick

Sending you major comfort vibes, Daye. I hope that cold clears up soon and
lets you get some sleep.

Erin, edd 10/27 -- 8 days late and counting ...

Old November 5th 03, 02:48 PM
SMK

Daye wrote:

[...]

Hi Daye,
I hope you feel better soon. I have to tell you that my pregnancy so far
has been much more difficult for me than my last one. I can understand
it when you say you are sick all the time. Over here the weather is
changing every week and that is maming my allergies the worst for me
ever so far.
I hope things star tlooking up soon fo you!

--
Vidya
mom to Vandu(4)

Old November 5th 03, 02:52 PM
SMK

Shena Delian O'Brien wrote:

Daye wrote:

[...]

Oh my god, it looks like you have exactly what I have. I am at 14 weeks.
Have been havin greally bad allergies since the beginning(the weather
her in the northeast is not helping) and I seem worse when i am at home!
Maybe I have the same thing you do. I did not know there was something
called "allergic rhinitis of pregnancy". The only good thing is i feel
better when the temperatur falls below 60 deg F. Thanks for sharing
that, makes me feel like I am not an alien or something having this
strange condition which is how I felt.

--
Vidya
mom to Vandu(4)

Old November 5th 03, 05:13 PM
Tatjana Farkin

"Shena Delian O'Brien" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Daye wrote:

[...]

Have you checked your flat for mould? :-(

--
Tatjana
PCOS - TTC #1 for 2 years

Old November 5th 03, 09:50 PM
Shena Delian O'Brien

Tatjana Farkin wrote:

Have you checked your flat for mould? :-(

Thanks... we've checked! Some of the apartments here which had been
flooded (if the apartment above you overflows the washer, or one time a
watermain broke) and the ones on the lower levels had been growing
mold!! So we've kept our eye out, even though we're on the 2nd floor.

I think it's just housedust and my cats... I haven't been as energetic
since getting PG and slacked off a little in the housecleaning and DH
has to be prodded with a cattle prod to do any vacuuming 8)

But he did surprise me yesterday when I got home from work, he'd picked
up and vacuumed! He didn't get everywhere or even at the edges of
things but it has already made a big improvement in my sniffles.

getting sick from the rain Marie General 58 August 7th 04 02:22 PM
Anyone else get sick ALL the time? Christine Pregnancy 8 October 22nd 03 09:00 PM
AAARRRRGGGHHH!!!!! Long hubby vent comin' up! *Hunee* Pregnancy 8 September 16th 03 09:30 PM
help...my baby is sick Jen Pregnancy 3 July 25th 03 05:07 PM
TIRED OF Canton, CT SPAM LOL Carrie Gregory Pregnancy 0 July 23rd 03 06:27 PM