I'm getting married...

Old September 10th 04, 04:47 AM
Cele

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 20:44:26 GMT, "Betsy" wrote:

Yes I'd be up for that too. Btw is this a with or without kids meet?

Christine

Whichever way anyone wants it. Personally, I'd like to bring my son. He
likes to visit new places and see new things. I can do it either way
everyone else wants.

I'm in favour of with, although, given the ages of mine, one likely
won't come, and the other's iffy.

Cele
Old September 10th 04, 10:13 AM
Betsy

"Cele" wrote in message
On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 20:44:13 GMT, "Betsy" wrote:

OOPS! My bad. Ah well. Problem is, my son is going to Germany next
summer
for 10 days (that's not the problem) and I have to save money to send him
(THAT'S the problem). It's going to cost me around $3,000 for him to go.
think it's a wonderful experience and I want him to have the opportunity
visit other countries, and to learn about the history there. If all goes
well, I at least won't be struggling paycheck to paycheck soon. Not that
I'll have loads of cash laying around, but at least I'll be secure in
paying
my bills. Still want to meet up somewhere if at all possible.

Whereabouts are you, then, Betsy? We'll look for somewhere strategic..

Cele

Florida. Pummeled by 2 hurricanes in last three weeks, and bracing for a
third one. I suppose it's about time as this area hadn't been hit in many
many years. I just hope it's through and gone before Thursday. That's when
David flys back for another visit.

Betsy

Old September 10th 04, 08:53 PM
CME

"Paul Griffiths" wrote in message
"Cele" wrote in message
On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 20:46:50 +0100, "denanson" Dennis@Large .ie
wrote:

snip

I'll leave it to Paul to speak WRT his own, if he chooses to.

Was there any doubt? :-)

I've talked to Pete about the current possibilities quite a lot both

during
our holiday and since we've been back. In the past when we've talked

about
this sort of thing in theory he'd always been dead set against the idea of
acquiring older siblings, especially sisters, but didn't seem too worried
about younger ones. As an aside, we talk about lots of things in theory
when there's little or no chance of them happening 'cos it feels "safer"
then than if it's looming on the horizon and we can discuss things much
better. Works for us anyway.

Okay, where was I? Oh yes, since meeting everyone Pete feels that while
older sisters would be bad news older HALF-sisters would be "okay".

Coming
from Pete that's high praise. :-)

To be honest I think it's just his way of stepping back from his previous
position in light of the fact that the potential sisters are both actually
rather cool. He's often quite a shy kid when he meets new folks but he
didn't seem to have any big problems with either Cele or either of her two
so I'd say it looks rather hopeful.

The very first day when we all cycled around the park was quite

interesting.
We'd only just met and yet everyone seemed so comfortable with each other.
Discussing the possible New York trip later on was good fun too. Lots of
ideas about where we simply had to go while we were there came from

everyone
at the table.

Oh and Cele's youngest and I have started emailing and also chatting

online
too which we both seem to enjoy.

Overall I can't say I've noticed many if any negatives that haven't been
easily sorted but I'm only too aware of how quickly things can change so
we'll monitor things regularly and just wait and see I suppose.

--
Paul Griffiths

Oh good luck with all of that, I'm so happy for you two! What's neat is I
plan on settling in Vancouver when my schooling is finished... just think,
we could do coffee on a regular basis (please say you enjoy playing cards.
lol)

Christine

Old September 10th 04, 08:57 PM
CME

"Paul Griffiths" wrote in message
"Betsy" wrote in message
"CME" wrote in message

snip

Yes I'd be up for that too. Btw is this a with or without kids meet?

Whichever way anyone wants it. Personally, I'd like to bring my son.

He
likes to visit new places and see new things. I can do it either way
everyone else wants.

I think I'd be likely to have Pete with me. Not sure what I'd do with him
otherwise.

--
Paul Griffiths

Yeah exactly. I have an opportunity to visit LA in a couple weeks but
that's contingent on if I can find care for the twins for a weekend.
Considering I haven't been away from them for longer than 24hrs in 8.5
years, I think it's high time I take a vacation.

Christine

Old September 10th 04, 09:43 PM
lm

"CME" wrote in message

snip

Yes I'd be up for that too. Btw is this a with or without kids meet?

Whichever way anyone wants it. Personally, I'd like to bring my son.

He
likes to visit new places and see new things. I can do it either way
everyone else wants.

I think I'd be likely to have Pete with me. Not sure what I'd do with him
otherwise.

--
Paul Griffiths

Yeah exactly. I have an opportunity to visit LA in a couple weeks but
that's contingent on if I can find care for the twins for a weekend.
Considering I haven't been away from them for longer than 24hrs in 8.5
years, I think it's high time I take a vacation.

I *so* wish I lived near you. I'd take them for a weekend anytime and
guarantee they'd have a blast with my guys.

lm

Old September 10th 04, 11:36 PM
Paul Griffiths

"CME" wrote in message

snip

Yes I'd be up for that too. Btw is this a with or without kids

meet?

Whichever way anyone wants it. Personally, I'd like to bring my son.
He likes to visit new places and see new things. I can do it either

way
everyone else wants.

I think I'd be likely to have Pete with me. Not sure what I'd do with

him
otherwise.

Yeah exactly. I have an opportunity to visit LA in a couple weeks but
that's contingent on if I can find care for the twins for a weekend.

Any hope?

Considering I haven't been away from them for longer than 24hrs in 8.5
years, I think it's high time I take a vacation.

Are they *that* old then? I thought they were 4 or 5ish.

--
Paul Griffiths

Old September 10th 04, 11:38 PM
Paul Griffiths

"CME" wrote in message

Oh good luck with all of that, I'm so happy for you two!

Thanks Chris. I have my fingers crossed for you too.

What's neat is I plan on settling in Vancouver when my schooling is

finished...
just think, we could do coffee on a regular basis

That sounds like good fun.

(please say you enjoy playing cards. lol)

I will, I do.

--
Paul Griffiths

Old September 11th 04, 12:10 AM
Cele

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 19:53:15 GMT, "CME"
wrote:

Oh good luck with all of that, I'm so happy for you two! What's neat is I
plan on settling in Vancouver when my schooling is finished... just think,
we could do coffee on a regular basis (please say you enjoy playing cards.

One no trump......

Oh, wait, maybe you want me to drop you the Queen?

Hold on....fifteen two, fifteen four, run is six....

Ah, go fish.

Cele
Old September 11th 04, 07:02 AM
CME

"CME" wrote in message

snip

Yes I'd be up for that too. Btw is this a with or without kids

meet?

Whichever way anyone wants it. Personally, I'd like to bring my

son.
He likes to visit new places and see new things. I can do it either

way
everyone else wants.

I think I'd be likely to have Pete with me. Not sure what I'd do with

him
otherwise.

Yeah exactly. I have an opportunity to visit LA in a couple weeks but
that's contingent on if I can find care for the twins for a weekend.

Any hope?

Yeah oddly enough. My cousin can take them for one night, and my parents
for the other. So I'm crossing my fingers it all works out.

Considering I haven't been away from them for longer than 24hrs in 8.5
years, I think it's high time I take a vacation.

Are they *that* old then? I thought they were 4 or 5ish.

Time flies doesn't it?

Christine

--
Paul Griffiths

Old September 11th 04, 07:06 AM
CME

wrote:

Oh good luck with all of that, I'm so happy for you two! What's neat is

plan on settling in Vancouver when my schooling is finished... just

think,
we could do coffee on a regular basis (please say you enjoy playing

cards.

One no trump......

Oh, wait, maybe you want me to drop you the Queen?

Hold on....fifteen two, fifteen four, run is six....

Ah, go fish.

Cele

But can you play Canasta? What about Asshole? (It's the one with President,
and vice-pres, vice-asshole and asshole. Great game regardless of what it's
called. lol)

Christine