frequent night wakings & BBTing (x posted)

Old December 11th 03, 09:33 PM
ted

Default frequent night wakings & BBTing (x posted)

I started temping this month. So far I'm in cycle day 17 with no sight
of Ovulation and my OPK sticks all came out negative. Since my last
cycle was 43 days long I'm not surprised. My BBT chart looks like
Rocky Mountains.

How do frequent night wakings effect BBT? Is there a chance to get a
clear thermal shift despite waking up 3-5 times every night and no 3
hour stretch of sleep at a time?

any examples/experiences?

Thanks.
Old December 11th 03, 09:50 PM
Ilse Witch

ted wrote:
I started temping this month. So far I'm in cycle day 17 with no sight
of Ovulation and my OPK sticks all came out negative. Since my last
cycle was 43 days long I'm not surprised. My BBT chart looks like
Rocky Mountains.

hehe, I know exactly what you mean...

How do frequent night wakings effect BBT? Is there a chance to get a
clear thermal shift despite waking up 3-5 times every night and no 3
hour stretch of sleep at a time?

I don't have a clear answer to your questions, but from my experience,
if I temp at around the same time each morning, I will get a slightly
lower BBT if my sleep was short, a slightly higher if I am well rested.
If you have a more or less consistent night-waking pattern, your temps
should be comparable.

I do average several measurements to make it more reliable, with the
digital thermometer that is relatively easy, but I am getting very
suspicious about its readings atm.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (17m)

Old December 11th 03, 09:51 PM
Sophie

"ted" wrote in message
om...
I started temping this month. So far I'm in cycle day 17 with no sight
of Ovulation and my OPK sticks all came out negative. Since my last
cycle was 43 days long I'm not surprised. My BBT chart looks like
Rocky Mountains.

How do frequent night wakings effect BBT? Is there a chance to get a
clear thermal shift despite waking up 3-5 times every night and no 3
hour stretch of sleep at a time?

any examples/experiences?

Thanks.

Well my youngest wakes up anywhere from 1 time to 4 times a night. I
managed to take my temp. I would look at the time when I woke up, if it was
less than 3 hrs before I would be getting up for the day, I'd take my temp
then. It worked well enough for me to tell when I ovulated.

Sophie
#4 due 7/18/04

Old December 12th 03, 12:57 AM
Michelle Podnar

My DD is 17 mos old, and I have been charting for the last 4 months or so.
DD still wakes up 2-3 times a night (3-4 hours), and I never have 3
consecutive hours sleep (she wakes more in the morning hours), and I can
still see a clear shift. My charts are stored on www.fertilityfriend.com,
there is a whole library of different charts if you want to look them up....

--
Michelle P
Ava Marie July 14, 2002
om...

Old December 12th 03, 03:32 PM
ted

Ilse Witch wrote in message ...
snip

I don't have a clear answer to your questions, but from my experience,
if I temp at around the same time each morning, I will get a slightly
lower BBT if my sleep was short, a slightly higher if I am well rested.
If you have a more or less consistent night-waking pattern, your temps
should be comparable.

snip

OP here..
Funny you said that.. that's what prompted me to start this thread. We
might think if we have disturbed sleep, it would make the body temp to
go up and vice versa. In fact I observed that it's just the opposite.
Also, if I took my temp at 3am when the baby woke me up, it was 0.4
deg less than if I took in the morning at 7am, my usual waking time.
Old December 12th 03, 03:35 PM
ted

"Michelle Podnar" wrote in message ...
My DD is 17 mos old, and I have been charting for the last 4 months or so.
DD still wakes up 2-3 times a night (3-4 hours), and I never have 3
consecutive hours sleep (she wakes more in the morning hours), and I can
still see a clear shift. My charts are stored on www.fertilityfriend.com,
there is a whole library of different charts if you want to look them up....

snip

You suggested FF before. So I've been storing my temps and charting
there. I'm in my first cycle. Thanks for introducing me to FF Are
you using any B6/Vitex to regulate ovulation or have you been pretty
regular?
Old December 12th 03, 04:02 PM
Sophie

"Michelle Podnar" wrote in message

My ovulation is regular (day 18), but I have LPD (short Luteal Phase), so
for the last 3 months I have taken B6, and the last 2 I have taken
Vitex....I haven't really noticed much of a difference (maybe 1 day (which
only bring it up to 9 days)

--
Michelle P
Ava Marie July 14, 2002

Wild Yam helps with a short luteal phase. Vitex brings on ovulation.

Sophie

Old December 12th 03, 06:55 PM
Sophie

"Michelle Podnar" wrote in message

I will keep that in mind,. I was told that B6 helps with LPD, and Vitex
will help with hormonal imbalances, which in turn helps LPD. Do you have
any info on the dose of Wild Yam etc...

I took 500 mg of Wild Yam the day I thought I ovulated, then 1000 mg every
day after that if I did infact, ovulate.

I knew B6 did something to help with TTC but I can never remember what - so
it's luteal phase it helps with?

I go to the RE Dec 20 to discuss infertility treatments, but because I am
still BF DD, I don't know if he will help me at all.

--
Michelle P
Ava Marie July 14, 2002

Good luck

night weaning without tears? Cat General (moderated) 4 April 14th 04 05:25 PM
night potty 'training' cara General 27 February 2nd 04 09:35 PM
writhing and crying in night Nevermind General 6 August 5th 03 06:16 AM