Non-napping 2 year old

Old December 14th 03, 05:32 AM
alex9128

Default Non-napping 2 year old

Hi.

It takes almost an hour every day to try and get my 2 year old to fall
asleep for a nap. When she does nap, she doesn't go to bed at night until 9
or 10 (and gets up at 7am). The days she doesn't nap she seems fine and
doesn't get cranky - even if we've had a really busy morning.

Is it ok to take her off napping completely? It's so frustrating spending
the time getting her to sleep in the afternoon, it's almost not worth the
"free" hour I get when she's asleep.

Isn't two years old a little young to quit naps? Will I be doing any harm
by letting her stay awake all day? Is there anyone else out there with this
issue?!

I'd love to hear some other experiences!

Old December 14th 03, 02:34 PM
Sue

My girls quit napping around 3 years old, but I had them to quiet time every
day. They didn't always sleep, but at least they were in their rooms. I
would say that your son is trying to give up his nap and probably an earlier
bed time would be helpful at this point.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

ink.net...

Old December 14th 03, 06:07 PM
Sophie

"alex9128" wrote in message
ink.net...
Hi.

It takes almost an hour every day to try and get my 2 year old to fall
asleep for a nap. When she does nap, she doesn't go to bed at night until

9
or 10 (and gets up at 7am). The days she doesn't nap she seems fine and
doesn't get cranky - even if we've had a really busy morning.

Is it ok to take her off napping completely? It's so frustrating spending
the time getting her to sleep in the afternoon, it's almost not worth the
"free" hour I get when she's asleep.

Isn't two years old a little young to quit naps? Will I be doing any harm
by letting her stay awake all day? Is there anyone else out there with

this
issue?!

I'd love to hear some other experiences!

Lewis turned 2 today. He naps maybe once every 2 weeks, whenever he's
really crabby. I'd rather skip the nap and have an earlier bedtime.

Old December 14th 03, 08:36 PM
Fer

Sophie wrote:
|| "alex9128" wrote in message
|| ink.net...

|| Lewis turned 2 today. He naps maybe once every 2 weeks, whenever
|| he's really crabby. I'd rather skip the nap and have an earlier
|| bedtime.

Happy Birthday Lewis!!

--?

Jenn
-WAHM
-DS Feb'92
-DD Feb'97
-Jellybean due June 25/04

Old December 15th 03, 03:34 PM
Sophie

"Fer" wrote in message
Sophie wrote:
|| "alex9128" wrote in message
|| ink.net...

|| Lewis turned 2 today. He naps maybe once every 2 weeks, whenever
|| he's really crabby. I'd rather skip the nap and have an earlier
|| bedtime.

Happy Birthday Lewis!!

--?

Jenn
-WAHM
-DS Feb'92
-DD Feb'97
-Jellybean due June 25/04

Thanks

Old December 16th 03, 08:43 PM
Daye

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 05:32:59 GMT, "alex9128"
wrote:

Is it ok to take her off napping completely?

Well, my 2.5 year old hasn't napped regularly in almost a year. If
she wants a nap, I do whatever I can to help her with that, but she is
fine not to have a nap. I find that she just sleeps longer on the
days that she doesn't have a nap.

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan
Old December 16th 03, 08:44 PM
Daye

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 13:07:07 -0500, "Sophie"
wrote:

Lewis turned 2 today.

Happy Birthday to Lewis!

Old December 16th 03, 08:55 PM
Sophie

"Daye" wrote in message
On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 13:07:07 -0500, "Sophie"
wrote:

Lewis turned 2 today.

Happy Birthday to Lewis!

Old December 19th 03, 02:02 AM
Mary

alex9128 wrote:
Hi.

It takes almost an hour every day to try and get my 2 year old to fall
asleep for a nap. When she does nap, she doesn't go to bed at night until 9
or 10 (and gets up at 7am). The days she doesn't nap she seems fine and
doesn't get cranky - even if we've had a really busy morning.

Sounds like she's ready to give it up. We're oscillating between one
nap and no nap ourselves -- and *I* and totally not ready to give it up!
But what can you do?

Mary S.
mom to the Sproutkin, 21 months