Diaper Rash

Old December 14th 03, 11:52 PM
Jodi Broekman

Default Diaper Rash

Hi, I have a three week old baby and I have a question about diaper
rash creams. I've investigated all the top brands out there like
Desitin,etc. but my cousin from Ohio swears by something called
Pinxav. Has anyone ever heard of this product and if so can you tell
me your experiences with it? I haven't seen it in stores so I can't
read the box and my pediatrician hasn't heard of it. I don't know
where to buy it even, so if you can help, please do.
Anyway, that's my only question at the moment. I look forward to
getting your help with this.

Thank you!

Jodi Broekman
Old December 15th 03, 02:15 AM
Ericka Kammerer

Jodi Broekman wrote:

Hi, I have a three week old baby and I have a question about diaper
rash creams. I've investigated all the top brands out there like
Desitin,etc. but my cousin from Ohio swears by something called
Pinxav. Has anyone ever heard of this product and if so can you tell
me your experiences with it? I haven't seen it in stores so I can't
read the box and my pediatrician hasn't heard of it. I don't know
where to buy it even, so if you can help, please do.
Anyway, that's my only question at the moment. I look forward to
getting your help with this.

Is your baby having a problem with diaper rash? I've
had three kids, and can count the number of mild diaper
rashes I've seen on one hand, and we've never had anything
that didn't respond to a little bit of whatever we had
on hand (usually A&D ointment). Anyway, I know some babies
have a rough time with this, so I'm not saying that
you're doing something wrong if your baby has a diaper
rash. I'm just saying that if your baby *doesn't*
have a diaper rash, I wouldn't use anything. (I know
people who use some sort of diaper rash cream every
time, even though their babies don't have a rash.
I don't understand that.)

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old December 15th 03, 02:44 AM
Phoebe & Allyson

Jodi Broekman wrote:

my cousin from Ohio swears by something called
Pinxav.

http://www.pinxav.com/ The website doesn't say what's in it.

I'm with Ericka - we've never had a rash that the ancient
tube of Desitin didn't clear up in a diaper change. No
rash, no ointment.

Phoebe oht
--
yahoo address is unread - substitute mailbolt

Old December 15th 03, 03:34 PM
Sophie

"Jodi Broekman" wrote in message
om...
Hi, I have a three week old baby and I have a question about diaper
rash creams. I've investigated all the top brands out there like
Desitin,etc. but my cousin from Ohio swears by something called
Pinxav. Has anyone ever heard of this product and if so can you tell
me your experiences with it? I haven't seen it in stores so I can't
read the box and my pediatrician hasn't heard of it. I don't know
where to buy it even, so if you can help, please do.
Anyway, that's my only question at the moment. I look forward to
getting your help with this.

Thank you!

Jodi Broekman

I've never heard of Pinxav.

I actually preferred baby powder which always horrified every pediatrician I
told - lol.

Seriously if you like creamy, Desitin is fine, if you like something more
gel-like, A & D or even Aquaphor is good.

If it's not going away with diaper rash cream it could be a yeast infection.
Nystatin from the Dr helped. My sons actually got yeast infections but my
daughter never did.

Sophie
#4 due 7/18/04

Old December 16th 03, 09:28 PM
Daye

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:15:26 -0500, Ericka Kammerer
wrote:

(I know
people who use some sort of diaper rash cream every
time, even though their babies don't have a rash.
I don't understand that.)

DD is 2.5, and she is still in nappies. Recently (about 6 months ago
or so), she had a nappy rash that refused to clear up, and I finally
took her to the doctor. Her bum was very red and sore. She cried at
every change. It wasn't pleasant. Now, she makes sure that we put
cream (zinc and castor oil) on her bum at every change. She calls it
her "ow cream". I think she is afraid that she will have another
round of really bad nappy rash.

Before she began asking for it at every change, we only put it on at
the first sign of redness. Sometimes that would clear it up;
sometimes not. DD has always had a sensitive bum. She can only wear
certain disposable nappies, and she is prone to nappy rashes. I
didn't understand why people put it on at every change, but since we
have started doing the cream at every change, she has had less nappy
rash.

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan
Old December 16th 03, 09:36 PM
Daye

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 10:34:11 -0500, "Sophie"
wrote:

I actually preferred baby powder which always horrified every pediatrician I
told - lol.

There is a powder on the market here in Australia that is specifically
designed to help with nappy rash. It is called Curash Baby Anti Rash
Powder. I don't know if they have it in the US, but I know mums who
swear by it here.

Old December 16th 03, 11:06 PM
Sophie

wrote:

I actually preferred baby powder which always horrified every

pediatrician I
told - lol.

There is a powder on the market here in Australia that is specifically
designed to help with nappy rash. It is called Curash Baby Anti Rash
Powder. I don't know if they have it in the US, but I know mums who
swear by it here.

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan
"Boy" EDD 11 Jan 2004
See Jayan: http://jayan.topcities.com/

We have one million and one baby powders on the market here. Drs say it
helps the bacteria grow. It's damp in the diaper and the powder with the
damp makes a paste bacteria likes. I've never had a problem using powder.
I have Johnson & Johnson's Lavender and Chamomile powder right now.

Old December 17th 03, 05:32 AM
kandie s

Jodi,
Hi, i also live in Ohio and have heard of pinxav... I havent personally
used it, but I worked in a day care and several of the parents swear by
it. Its supposed to be milder to the skin and work quickly. I know
Walmart sells it in their pharmacy dept. Its a little pricey, but a
small jar goes a long way.

HTH,
Hugs,
Kandie
momma to Cary Lee 12-28-95
Edd#2 4-24-04 (or sooner)

Fungal Diaper Rash? Nancy P General 4 May 25th 04 12:47 AM
diaper brands and diaper rash Sara General 4 March 16th 04 12:38 PM
Diaper rash from hell..... jojo General 8 November 13th 03 03:36 PM