Low Income Fathers, Child Support and Economic Oppression

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 17th 06, 04:36 AM posted to alt.child-support,soc.men
teachrmama

Default Low Income Fathers, Child Support and Economic Oppression

"pandora" wrote in message
news:XrmdncThib_LLa7YnZ2dnUVZ_vydnZ2d@scnresearch. com...

"Ken Chaddock" wrote in message
pandora wrote:

"Ken Chaddock" wrote in message

pandora wrote:

"Phil" wrote in message
thlink.net...

A couple of decades ago, most men and women alike supported equality.

Bull****.

Justice therefore dictates that if a woman
makes a unilateral decision to bring pregnancy to
term, and the biological father does not, and
cannot, share in this decision, he should not be liable
for 21 years of support. Or, put another way,
autonomous women making independent decisions
about their lives should not expect men to
finance their choice...

He had an opportunity for HIS choice to not be a parent. It is his

problem
that he didn't. (ANd obviously, if SHE is pregnant, then he already

made
his choice). Equality.

apparently "equality minded" women don't agree with you Marg...quelle
surprise !

Then they're wrong. I consider what I wrote to be equality given the
situations individuals find themselves in. Men don't get to make
decisions
about abortion or gestating as that situation never happens to or in their
bodies. One can only make decisions regarding one's own body, not
another's.

If women have the right to choose if they become
parents, men [should] have that right too. There is a
connection between legalizing abortion for women
and ending of paternity suits for men.

Only in the small minds of bitter men who don't want to act in a

responsible
manner. Sheesh!

Also in the mind of the (then) President of the National Organization
For Women...and many other equality minded women as well, too bad you're
not included in their ranks...

I wouldn't consider them to be equality minded then but rather women who
wish to give men special perks. One might wonder why they would do that.
don't.

I taught my sons to be responsibile when they were 13.

I'm sure you've made them into great doormats...

They are far from doormats although they DO understand responsibility and
don't push their responsibility onto others.

What happened to YOUR teaching?

I was always taught that equality meant that individuals and groups
ended up having the same legal rights and abilities...

Then you were taught wrong or you understood the lesson wrong. Everyone
has
the same rights under the law. A man can have an abortion should he need
one. However, no man has ever needed one since men don't get pregnant.
And
the law cannot given people abilities they don't have.

Then you are saying that it is perfectly ok for a man to drop his newborn
child off at a firestation, no questions asked, and walk away, thus
divesting himself of any responsibility for that child, since mothers of
newborns are able to do that. Right, Marg?