14 weeks hows it going?

Old September 15th 03, 09:47 AM
J,T&M

Default 14 weeks hows it going?

Olivia is 13 weeks and doing well!

She has a bit of a pattern to her sleeping now ... finally She
sleeps the first stretch about 5.5-7 or so hours and then wakes every
2.5 to 3 hours after. We are usually in bed for about 12 hours all
told! She takes a great 3 hour nap a day and that is nice!

Still breastfeeding on demand. Anywhere between 10 and 14 feeds a day.
She is a quick nurser so it does not seem like that much. I love
breastfeeding now! All the sucky days are way in the past.

We tried ebm once. Never again. I had such a hard time with it that it
was not worth it.

Thanks for asking!

Tammy...
momma to Madeline , 2 years old... TODAY!
and
Olivia... 3 months old tomorrow!

How are my peers?

Moo boy has just started to get some sort of pattern to his sleeping -
he will sleep for 6 hours in a go on a good night. He always has 2
morning naps and a couple of poos before midday and then it is back to
unpredictable chaos.

I am still breastfeeding on demand but it has become really
pleasurable, its a really close time for the both of us. At night I
feed him and tell him a story and its a great end to the day.

Teeth are starting to bother him and he is starting to chew things,
including my nipples which is out of order. I remove him as soon as
he starts, say no and put him back on the boob where he can stay as
long as he likes as long as he is actually drinking.

I am having difficulty getting him onto EBM.

All in all teh difficulties I had for the first couple of months seem
distant memories. I vaguely remember wanting to hide from him when he
wanted feeding cos it was so painful.

teapot

Old September 15th 03, 05:43 PM
Andrea

"teapot" wrote in message ...

How are my peers?

Hi Kamron is doing great. He was born 7lbs 9 and a half, and now weighs
16lbs 5.
He also sleeps from 8pm till at least 4am - it's great! He is by far the
easiest of my 5.

He worries me as he sleeps a lot in the day too, but I wake him and make
sure he feeds.
He is so efficient at the breast! He drains me in no time at all, he kinda
reminds me of the giant plant in "Litlle shop of horrors"!

--
Andrea mom of 5 - latest addition Kamron David 16lbs 5 (7lbs 9 and a half
born).

Old September 15th 03, 06:47 PM
Akuvikate

(teapot) wrote in message . com...
How are my peers?

Doing well! My mother-in-law is out for the week, which is great.
She cooks us delicious food, does the dishes, and is eager to babysit
to give us a night out. I need it! I've only been out a few times
without the Bug, and only once for much more than an hour. We're
hoping to do dinner and a movie tonight if Bug seems in relatively
good spirits.

Moo boy has just started to get some sort of pattern to his sleeping -
he will sleep for 6 hours in a go on a good night. He always has 2
morning naps and a couple of poos before midday and then it is back to
unpredictable chaos.

Bug had a week or so of reliably giving us a 5 hour sleep strech, but
the past few days does no more than 3 hours at a time. I think she
may be hitting a growth spurt. I'm tired again.

I am still breastfeeding on demand but it has become really
pleasurable, its a really close time for the both of us. At night I
feed him and tell him a story and its a great end to the day.

Teeth are starting to bother him and he is starting to chew things,
including my nipples which is out of order. I remove him as soon as
he starts, say no and put him back on the boob where he can stay as
long as he likes as long as he is actually drinking.

I am having difficulty getting him onto EBM.

Bug has started drooling up a storm, chews on her fingers constantly,
and out of the blue will now take several different types of
pacifiers. She's inconsistent about bottles -- ranges from entirely
refusing to happily slurping them down, though fortunately it's been a
while since she totally refused. I think we ought to be giving them
more than once a week.

All in all teh difficulties I had for the first couple of months seem
distant memories. I vaguely remember wanting to hide from him when he
wanted feeding cos it was so painful.

Glad you're doing so much better! What I've just been blown away by
is Bug's explosive development over the past week or so. Within the
past week she rolled over tummy to back several times, and back to
tummy once -- I was hoping that was just a fluke but she's obviously
trying to do it again, so she probably will. She will very
deliberately grab for the toys on her Gymini (that may have started a
while ago, but I was never sure how deliberate it was). She sometimes
notices when her diaper is poopy and cry for it to be changed. And at
times she wants to be put down to play by herself and gets *really*
mad until I do. The first time that happened she spent a half hour in
meltdown while I tried to console her, because prior to that putting
her down while crying had simply been a recipe for disaster.
Yesterday when we went out I packed a toy in her bag for the first
time, because she's become interested in that sort of thing. It's as
if she's becoming an older baby instead of a newborn before my very
eyes!

Kate
and the Bug, June 8 2003
Old September 16th 03, 09:55 AM
KC

Jessi is just short of 4 months. Since we got past the growth spurt
1.5 weeks ago, she has been not eating too much. It is plain old
weird after all those months of soooooo much feeding. Feeds just take
5 or 10 minutes now and unless it's bedtime she is just not interested
in comfort feeding anymore. It's great, we can grocery shop without
her needing to feed the whole time there, and we play. My 3.75 year
old dd is quite happy with the decreased feeding and increased
playing. She used to say "no more babies" now she thinks it might be
fun to have more brothers and sisters.

I don't know about sleep, cause I barely wake up for the feeds at
night. Jessi sleeps from 10 pm to 10 am with nothing but feeds (no
play, no diaper changes or burping), and she often latches herself on.
Her biggest stretch without eating is probably only 4 hours, and she
still eats every 2 or 3 hours besides that one long stretch night and
day.

She is definitely suffering from teething and her gums are full of
white bumps. I wonder if she will pop em all out soon or just suffer
a long time with it, poor little baby.

After months of ado we finally got rid of thrush - yay. We had this
freak breast injury though. Jessi actually sucked my nipple and
areola so hard one day that it was hard, swollen and painful for a
week after - how weird. It's still not quite 100% better yet.

We have a pedi appt this week and I am looking forward to the weight
check. She seems alot bigger, so probably all is well, but you never
know. She's quite long, but much thinner than her sister (who was
half formula fed) was at that age, so I can't help but worry a bit.

KC