Gift ideas for boys age 7 (a young 7) ?

Old October 12th 03, 04:33 AM
multimom4

Default Gift ideas for boys age 7 (a young 7) ?

I am totally stumped and I just went to the attic and found heaps in storage
ready for Hanna and virtually nothing for the boys. We have birthday next
week and Christmas coming and dh just left for Asia til next Friday. HELP.
Any and all ideas and prices -- anyone got nephews? KIM are you out there?
Shirley? Jack, Seth and David -- you were 7 once, surely? ;-)

Elliot likes soldiers, warfare, superman, spiderman and tv tv tv tv

Connor likes batman, spiderman, animals, studying toy catalogs and videos
videos videos videos -- but nothing he finds in the catalogs looks good to
me (art paper dispenser or plush dolphins, anyone?) and he himself usually
crosses it off the list we keep, after a week or two. Or it's too young, or
just a near-repeat of something he already has, or just a video we can rent
..... etc.

Neither of them likes to draw or build and they have specifically ruled out
Lego
etc. I spent the entire night last night online and got them a scooter and
two books each. They also have some new pjs (wow!), but that's about it.
I'd like to find a TOY that would keep them from zoning out in front of the
tv so much -- am tossing up a Robin
Hood castle, a pirate ship, a remote-control racetrack ... but fear any or
all might just turn into 1000s of expensive pieces on the floor for me to
cut my feet
on and Holly to chew.

THANKS.

--Janet
Elliot, Hanna, Connor (10/21/96)
and Holly (4/4/01)

Old October 12th 03, 05:12 AM
KimandJuan

You mentioned Hogwart in your other post. Do they have Harry Potter books?
Maybe you could get them the book on tape if they can't read or that can be a
book that you read to them at night. one chapter at a time??? Just a thought,
or maybe that is old news... ummmm... what about movie passes? My nephew is a
big movie-goer, he is always begging us to take him. He is also really into
the Incredible Hulk thing... I think that stuff is a little violent, but what
do I know, I have no boys and he seems to love it.

~Kimberly
Mommy to Alexis Iliana 07/17/99 and
Emma Elidia & Aislyn Gabriela 10/01/02
come see us...
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aislynemma/

Old October 12th 03, 05:42 PM
Missy in Indiana

What about an "event". They are getting at the age where they understand not
having a bunch of things to open. They may appreciate an outing like going to
a sports event, bringing a friend, and eating at a favorite food place would
mean more. You could put pictures displaying the event on a poster board and
wrap it up. You could buy a magazine with the favorite band on the cover and
explain that they are being taken to a concert (with chaperone) w/a friend.
Speaking of which, have you thought about a magazine subscription. I got both
my nephews Sports Illustrated for teens and another one I can't remember when
they were around the same age. Oooh...how about some vintage spiderman/batman
comics? I'm all tapped out now.

Missy in Indiana http://hometown.aol.com/mhrust/overviewforng.html
Morgan Olivia & Julia Lucille 4/28/01 (YAY!)

Old October 12th 03, 06:53 PM
shirley

OK Janet,

Here is a take from Chris,

Ironman
Spiderman
The Hulk
Batman
all have items that go along with the theme, The Hulk movie is coming out on
10/28th (sorry I was corrected by my DS), the hulk has those huge hands
which make noise which Chris loved and they lasted quiet a while before they
died, the Hulk has a few action figures that are different from each other,
and I've been told that there are new batman figures coming out soon at Toys
R Us. The Holes movie is great - we all loved it. Do they like cars? or
models? We are still getting off and on the matchbox cars and trucks, and
they enjoy it. Stitch the Movie has some soft toys from Disney that are
associated with it and Chris has the spaceship with Stitch in it, cute not
real expensive and big (15 inches or so). Do they like games? We started
to play some board games like scrabble (regular one not kids), and Guess Who
and Mouse Trap, and Don't wake up Daddy. Anything else I can't think of
anything else but write if you have any questions.

Good luck
Shirley

Now how about almost 9 year olds? Anybody else out there with ideas.

Old October 12th 03, 10:30 PM
Meredith

please check out -

www.discoverytoyslink.com/carpenter

there is a great sections on school aged toys, books & software
Old October 12th 03, 10:30 PM
Meredith

Old October 13th 03, 02:07 AM
Twinzmommie

Janet,

I have an 8 year old nephew and I agree with Missy. He has enjoyed being taken
to things like sporting events and movies for a while now. He has 4 sisters so
he really enjoys the time away from them. He made his first Holy Communion in
May and I bought him a week at a sports camp. His two best friends were also
attending. It may be a bit pricey (he is my Godson) but a lesson in something
they are interested in might be nice. Music, art, sports?

Good luck!
Michelle
Mommy to Riley Claire & James Michael