Ultrasound!

Old September 14th 08, 07:55 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Kat

Default Ultrasound!

I have my first u/s for this one on Tuesday.
I've found out what it was each and every other time, and this time around,
part of me wants to know but part of me doesn't want to know what it is.
I already have had 2 of each, so either way doesn't really matter to me. I
have tons of girl clothes still from DDs and a fair bit of stuff that could
go either way... Plus I was given some boy clothes just in case, so I am
pretty much set for clothing for the first little bit, and rushing around
for clothes isn't an issue.
This one is the last one for sure. There's no question about it. This one
was a huge surprise, and at my first app't in July, one of the first things
I said when my OB said, "So, you're back again?" was asking her if she can
tie me up after this one's born lol
So... what should I do? Find out or keep it a surprise?? For some reason,
I've been tossing this around for the last week or two - surprise or no
surprise - and I can't make up my mind!!

Old September 14th 08, 01:23 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
lu-lu

"Kat" wrote in message
[...]

Congrats on your ultrasound ) I really wanted a surprise this time round,
but DH really wanted to know. We'd like another one after this, so as this
one's a boy, and we've already got a girl, if we're lucky enough to have #3
then we've agreed on a surprise... I'd just really like to hear
'congratulaions, it's a......!" I seem to remember that last time you
weren't sure about finding out, and that the sonographer wrote it down for
you, so I'm guessing there's probably a bit of you that does want a
surprise.... What does your DH say?

As for this being your last one, isn't that what you said last time round
lol x

Lucy x

then we've agreed on a surprise... I'd just really like to hear
'congratulaions, it's a......!" I seem to remember that last time you
weren't sure about finding out, and that the sonographer wrote it down for
you, so I'm guessing there's probably a bit of you that does want a
surprise.... What does your DH say?

Congrats on a boy!! Boys can be tons of fun
And... that was me - I had the technician write down what DD2 was on a piece
of paper and seal it in an envelope. That didn't really last too long LOL
Not even 24 hours and I was so itching to open it up (and hoping she wrote
down something like, "I'm sorry, baby was hiding and I couldn't tell for
sure" lol)
DH says nothing. He'd be fine either way, finding out or not. I doubt
he'll even be at the u/s anyways, seeing as he hasn't been at one to date...
He was fine knowing or not and told me that in the end it was my choice lol
(so, basically, he's no help - he'd agree either way)

As for this being your last one, isn't that what you said last time round

lol x

Yes, I did say that last time, and I thought DD2 was the last for sure! He
didn't want me to go for surgery and said he would go... He never did (and
eventually said something along the lines of, 'I don't want some doctor
seeing and feeling my balls' He was not at all keen on the idea of me going
for surgery as we all know I don't take surgery very well at all and he also
had a cousin die after a big messup on her C-section. I believe something
like a towel or something was left inside her, which ended up getting all
infected and caused a big issue and she died fairly quickly after her
section - IIRC, her baby was born a week or so before Christmas and she died
just after Christmas. So I think he was just paranoid. But I had talked to
my OB, and he knew, that if I had to go for another C-section, I would get
tied up right then and there since it could all be done in one shot. That
didn't happen and DD2 was not a section baby.
I seriously think my body will completely fall apart with any more. Even
this time around I feel like I'm having a pretty rough go

Lucy x

Old September 14th 08, 05:47 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

I say make it a surprise. You've already had 4 pregnancies and found out
the gender before the birth -- why not do something completely different
this time? It'll make the pregnancy experience unique and different from
all your others, and add a little bit of a different feel to the birth --
the addition of that little bit extra excitment from finding out the gender
when the baby is born -- hearing "It's a _________" for the first time as
the baby enters the world.

That's what I'd do!
--

Jamie Clark

www.ClarkDigitalArts.com

Old September 15th 08, 08:27 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Me Myself and I[_4_]

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
. ..
I say make it a surprise. You've already had 4 pregnancies and found out
the gender before the birth -- why not do something completely different
this time? It'll make the pregnancy experience unique and different from
all your others, and add a little bit of a different feel to the birth --
the addition of that little bit extra excitment from finding out the gender
when the baby is born -- hearing "It's a _________" for the first time as
the baby enters the world.

That's what I'd do!
--

Jamie Clark

Ditto what Jamie said. If I was to have another I would let it be a
surprise

--
Pip, in NZ

My girls :
DD1 Jasmine - 5 weeks early - March 02 - 4lb 12oz
6 now and such a treasure.

DD2 Abby - 8 weeks early - Feb 05 - 3lb 14oz
3 1/2 now and so grown up

"Yes you can drive me insane just by talking to me!"

Old September 15th 08, 08:53 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Kat

"Me Myself and I" wrote in message
"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
. ..
I say make it a surprise. You've already had 4 pregnancies and found out
the gender before the birth -- why not do something completely different
this time? It'll make the pregnancy experience unique and different from
all your others, and add a little bit of a different feel to the birth --
the addition of that little bit extra excitment from finding out the
gender when the baby is born -- hearing "It's a _________" for the first
time as the baby enters the world.

That's what I'd do!
--

Jamie Clark

Ditto what Jamie said. If I was to have another I would let it be a
surprise

Hehe... I'm going to aim for this then. I'm really NOT good with the
unknown and surprises and all - I just always seem to have to know
everything if possible - I bet it's not even fun to tell me stories about
something that happened because I *know* I stop to get all the details, even
if they're not really vital LOL
It's less than 24 hours away - just about 20 hours from now. I'll already
bet it's a girl - this I'd put money down on
I plan to go in and tell them right off the bat that I don't want to know
and want it to be a surprise... and here's to hoping I can control myself
and NOT yell, "Ok! Tell me! Tell me!" at the last second LOL

Ultrasound Anne Rogers[_4_] Pregnancy 0 October 10th 07 03:16 AM
3D ultrasound Special K! Pregnancy 10 June 28th 06 07:11 AM
Ultrasound! Engram Pregnancy 3 May 12th 06 08:35 AM
ultrasound Stormlady Pregnancy 0 May 31st 04 09:05 PM
Ultrasound Andrea J. Richardson Pregnancy 1 May 14th 04 12:50 AM