first scan

Old November 10th 03, 11:05 PM
.x.

Default first scan

Hi all

I've just had my first ultrasound at 13 weeks. I can't believe how active
the little baby is! It was jumping all over the place, swallowing, sucking
it's thumb and reaching out it's hand - just like a real baby but in
minature.

I thought I would cry but I just couldn't stop smilling - it was so
fascinating. I got a video of the whole thing so that should keep the
relatives happy.

It's still a little hard to convince myself that I am indeed pregnant - I
can't feel it move yet. I can't wait for that feeling - I'll probably post
here in a couple of months complaining that I can't sleep 'cause the baby is
kicking

Other good news - I haven't been sick for 4 days!!! and the nausea dulls
down for about 6 hours a day!!! I actually had a full bowl of pasta with
cheese today instead of the usual 3 tablespoons of some bland food. I hope
this is the beginning of the end of morning sickness. I can't believe I
made it through.

I hope everyone else and their families are well.

Camille
EDD 17 May 2004

Old November 11th 03, 12:48 AM
Carol Ann

:: It's still a little hard to convince myself that I am indeed pregnant - I
:: can't feel it move yet. I can't wait for that feeling - I'll probably
post
:: here in a couple of months complaining that I can't sleep 'cause the baby
is
:: kicking

How wonderful, Camille!!!

I know how you feel about trying to convince yourself that you are pregnant.
I feel the same way!

It must be your first, too.

~Carol Ann
EDD March 22

Old November 11th 03, 03:02 AM
.x.

Hi Carol Ann

Yes it is my first. I really thought that after the scan I would really
feel like a mum-to-be. Hopefully after it starts to kick maybe. At least I
know there is only one - twins run in my family!!

Camille

Old November 11th 03, 03:10 AM
.x.

Sorry; I forgot to wish you good luck for your amnio results - you are very
brave!! I've been following your progress with my fingers crossed

Cam

Old November 11th 03, 04:39 AM
Carol Ann

:: Sorry; I forgot to wish you good luck for your amnio results - you are
very
:: brave!! I've been following your progress with my fingers crossed
::
:: Cam

Thanks, Cam. Just a little while longer! Wahoo!

~Carol Ann

Old November 11th 03, 01:19 AM
Kat

Congrats on the ultrasound and the ebbing morning sickness!
Kat
Mama to Maggie 11/03/01
and #2 EDD 02/01/04

Old November 11th 03, 03:03 AM
.x.

Thanks Kat

Life is suddenly soooooo much better without so much morning sickness

Cam

Old November 11th 03, 02:49 AM
Coccinella

Wonderful news Camille!

Love

Nicky

Old November 12th 03, 02:12 AM
.x.

Thanks Nicky

Camille

"Coccinella" wrote in message
. com...
Wonderful news Camille!

Love

Nicky

Old November 12th 03, 12:09 AM
Em

".x." wrote in message
I've just had my first ultrasound at 13 weeks. I can't believe how active
the little baby is! It was jumping all over the place, swallowing,

sucking
it's thumb and reaching out it's hand - just like a real baby but in
minature.

I thought I would cry but I just couldn't stop smilling - it was so
fascinating. I got a video of the whole thing so that should keep the
relatives happy.

That is so great! Congrats on the lovely experience. It does make things
feel a bit more *real* (when you aren't at the movement-feeling point yet).

It's still a little hard to convince myself that I am indeed pregnant - I
can't feel it move yet. I can't wait for that feeling - I'll probably

post
here in a couple of months complaining that I can't sleep 'cause the baby

is
kicking

My baby was as kicky as can be, but I never had any trouble sleeping (as a
side note, I also didn't have to get up to use the bathroom at night until I
was at 34 weeks or so and even then it was only once a night--the rest I
slept solidly!)

Other good news - I haven't been sick for 4 days!!! and the nausea dulls
down for about 6 hours a day!!! I actually had a full bowl of pasta with
cheese today instead of the usual 3 tablespoons of some bland food. I

hope
this is the beginning of the end of morning sickness. I can't believe I
made it through.

That is more great news! I hope it keeps getting better.

--
Em
mama to Lann, 9/21/03

20 week scan - is it exactly the same for a boy or girl ? John Pregnancy 1 November 4th 03 10:01 AM
12 Week US Leanne Pregnancy 9 October 18th 03 10:52 PM
# of ultrasounds--question annafine Pregnancy 50 September 18th 03 02:32 PM
Heading for a CAT scan Lina General 3 August 20th 03 04:20 AM
Level II sonogram- what to expect? Zucca4 Pregnancy 16 July 16th 03 09:31 PM