todays breastfeeding experience

Old February 3rd 06, 02:57 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default todays breastfeeding experience

Oh what a joy it was, I met the midwife at the contact and she councled me
at first saying that Joanna could have difficulties latching on at first as
it had been a week and 2 days since she had been born and she was feeding
with bottles and the action they use with bottle teats is different to the
action they use when on the breast so it could take a few attempts to get it
right!!!! So we were fully prepared for it not happening straight away, we
then took Joannas clothing off and just left her in a nappy and I took my
top of but was advised in future just to use a normal t-shirt and not a
blouse which I thought would have been easier but this apparantly every
mother feels. I then layed Joanna onto my chest and she immidiatly started
to look for my breast so I took my breast from my bra and she just latched
on like a natural and the contact workers were nearly in tears, their words
not mine!!!!! Joanna then fed blissfully for quite some time but we had to
take her off and reattach her a few times. After she finished her feed she
slept peacefully in my arms for the whole duration of the contact and it was
awsome. The contact workers made a statement that DH looked like he was a
proud father and they wished they had a camera and the whole contact was
really awsome. I think this is going to work out just fine for us!!!!!!!

Old February 3rd 06, 03:21 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 14:57:16 +0000 (UTC), "April & Joanna"
wrote:

[...]

This post made me smile :-)
I'm so happy things are working out for you!

Nan

Old February 3rd 06, 03:23 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

[...]

Brilliant!
I assumed I had to wear a blouse when feeding for ages with #1, but now
prefer the T-shirt too!
Debbie

Old February 3rd 06, 04:38 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

April & Joanna wrote:

[...]

[happy tears] That's so great! And it sounds like you're winning over
the workers, too! Hurrah!
--
Cheri Stryker

Mom to DS1 - 6 yrs old
preg w/ DS2 - due in Feb
Old February 3rd 06, 05:06 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

In article ,
"April & Joanna" wrote:

she just latched
on like a natural and the contact workers were nearly in tears, their words
not mine!!!!!

So am I. I'm so happy for both of you.
--
Sara
accompanied by TK, due in April

Quoting, for users of Google Groups:
http://groups.google.com/support/bin...4213&topic=250

Old February 3rd 06, 05:14 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

YAY!!!!!! And even though people had told me a T-shirt's easier than
a blouse, I didn't believe them until I tried it myself. Good on
Joanna; what a little trooper.

Em
mama to Micah, 11/14/04

Old February 3rd 06, 05:30 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

[happy tears] That's so great! And it sounds like you're winning over
the workers, too! Hurrah!
--
Cheri Stryker

Mom to DS1 - 6 yrs old
preg w/ DS2 - due in Feb

Thanks everyone for your replies and I am sorry for bringing tears to your
eyes, I will be taken to court soon for compensation of tissues lol. It
really is going well but still a way to go, I just hope this psyciatrist
assesment comes back normal because if it does then we should be skipping
down the road of reunitation.