How much weight will fetus gain in last 7 weeks?

Old September 5th 03, 12:56 PM
jennifer woollett

Default How much weight will fetus gain in last 7 weeks?

not really answering your question but i thought i'd share my experience:

I was having a c section with my baby because she was breech, i had to go
and have a scan before i went to have her to make sure she was still a
breech, when i was there i asked a rough guide for the weight, she told me
8lb 2oz, she came out an hour and a half later weighing9lb 3oz so this
proves that somtimes the scans aren't as accurate as we all think.

Hope this helps a bit

Jen & Kira (7 weeks till her first birthday :s)
"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
My wife is now 33 weeks and ultrasound estimates current weight at
nearly 6 lbs.

Is there a chart or something that will allow me to estimate how much
weight the fetus will put on in the last seven weeks? Basically, a way
to estimate birth weight (6lbs seems a fair bit with 7 weeks to go !)

It's said theat the fetus gains half a pound a week for the last 4 weeks,
not sure about before that, I'd guess if she goes to 40 weeks or more it
will be over 9lb. However ultrasounds weights can be very inaccurate.

-----------
Anne Rogers

Old September 5th 03, 03:54 PM
Andrea

No offense but calling it "the fetus"?
How about my baby?
--
Andrea mom of 5 - latest addition Kamron David 16lbs 2 (7lbs 9 and a half
born).

Old September 5th 03, 05:51 PM
Nina

lol
Well, it is technically a fetus.

Old September 5th 03, 10:36 PM
Nina

But the "word" is technical. Nothing wrong with a person using the "correct"
term, even if it sounds impersonal to some. Really,whats the difference
between "the baby" and "the fetus"? I can't see how one is neccessarily less
human than the other.

"Andrea" wrote in message
No offense but calling it "the fetus"?
How about my baby?
--
Andrea mom of 5 - latest addition Kamron David 16lbs 2 (7lbs 9 and a

half
born).
"paul williams" wrote in message
om...
My wife is now 33 weeks and ultrasound estimates current weight at
nearly 6 lbs.

Is there a chart or something that will allow me to estimate how

much
weight the fetus will put on in the last seven weeks? Basically, a

way
to estimate birth weight (6lbs seems a fair bit with 7 weeks to go

!)

Old September 21st 03, 09:27 AM
Jenrose

"paul williams" wrote in message
om...
My wife is now 33 weeks and ultrasound estimates current weight at
nearly 6 lbs.

Is there a chart or something that will allow me to estimate how much
weight the fetus will put on in the last seven weeks? Basically, a way
to estimate birth weight (6lbs seems a fair bit with 7 weeks to go !)

Take it with a grain of salt. Ultrasound is particularly *horrible* at
estimating baby weight, particularly in the second half of pregnancy. No
more accurate, according to studies, than using a tape measure to the belly
or a pair of hands palapating baby. I was told at 35/36 weeks that my baby
"felt like a 9 pounder already" by two different care providers... 4 weeks
later she came out at a completely average 7 pounds 11 1/2 ounces. You just
can't tell. Why? Because some babies (like my kiddo) will have a *huge* bone
structure (her feet were enormous) but no meat on the bones, so they feel
"big" when they're not. And other little roly poly kiddos will have a petite
bone structure and lots of chub.

Do not, I repeat NOT buy into the crap many care providers feed people about
"If baby is big now, we had better induce or do a c-section "just in case"
at 37 weeks."

It's BS, and if it had been done to me, I would have had a 5 pound peanut
who wasn't ready to come out. I ignored them and she came out 3 days after
the due date at an exactly average size. I've seen it happen to plenty of
moms--like the "41 weeker with the huge baby" who had a little 6 pounder who
was bright red and covered with vernix. 41 weeks my left foot--if that baby
was 41 weeks it *still* needed to cook another couple weeks!

Jenrose

Old October 6th 03, 06:38 PM
Shannon

I am guessing your baby will be big. Usually in the last 2 months the baby
puts on about 1 pound every 2 to 3 weeks.
I don't have a chart or anything just going by what doctors and pregnancy
books say. Hope this helps.

Shannon
39 weeks

Weight Gain Question Mickee General 4 May 6th 04 10:02 PM
formula fed, 9 month old baby girl refuses bottle. Low weight gain ur General 6 March 12th 04 04:26 PM
Question about weight gain kylee General 10 December 23rd 03 07:21 PM
31+ weeks ob/gyn appt & update (long) Elly Pregnancy 6 August 14th 03 06:15 PM
Weight gain Kereru Pregnancy 8 July 29th 03 06:51 AM