Heading for a CAT scan

Old August 19th 03, 08:23 PM
Lina

Default Heading for a CAT scan

I'm not sure if I've posted much about my trials with Alena's health since
she was born, but here's a brief summary

July 1st- breathing troubled, given oxygen hood, later given CPAP to keep
lungs separate
July 2nd (early am)- tear found in lung, needed respirator, transferred to
Sick Children's Hospital in T.O.
July 5th - taken off oscillation respirator, put on regular respirator
July 6th - put onto nasal oxygen, later in afternoon, in oxygen hood.
July 7th - sent back to Newmarket (home town) on nasal oxygen
July 15th - sent home with the okay (YAY!)
July 24th - turned blue, back to Newmarket's hospital
July 25th - EEG, EKG, chest X-ray, barium swallow done, diagnosed with
Reflux, sent home
August 14th - visit with 2nd pediatrician

At this visit, we were told that Alena's brain waves came back very
irregular, and that we need to have a CAT scan done. So now I'm waiting for
the doctor to book the CAT scan so that we can figure out what's next. This
is so hard because the problem could range from full blown brain damage to
nothing to worry about.

Has anyone else had to deal with this? Any tips or advice?

--
Lina
Alena born July 1st, 2003

Old August 19th 03, 09:08 PM
iphigenia

Lina wrote:

Has anyone else had to deal with this? Any tips or advice?

No advice, but [[hugs]] and hoping for the best...

--
iphigenia
www.tristyn.net

Old August 19th 03, 09:33 PM
Ilse Witch

Lina wrote:

Has anyone else had to deal with this? Any tips or advice?

I have no experience, but wanted to give you a {{{{{HUG}}}}
and send some positive vibes your way! A friend's friend gave
birth to a preemie who went through a similar ordeal, but
eventually turned out 100% OK. So keep up your hopes!

--
-- I
mommy to DS (13m)

Old August 20th 03, 04:20 AM
Chookie

Wishing you all the best -- Alena will be in my prayers,

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"...children should continue to be breastfed... for up to two years of age
or beyond." -- Innocenti Declaration, Florence, 1 August 1990