DrRuth's Aussie mkb gathering part II

Old July 15th 03, 08:42 AM
Elana

Default DrRuth's Aussie mkb gathering part II

Ruth Shear wrote:

The one group photo I posted was the best of the lot, but if you want to
see the others, they are he

Personally, I like the one with Elizabeth saying "No, look over
there....over there...."

:-)

Thanks Ruth..nice to put faces with names :-).

Old July 15th 03, 02:30 PM
Ruth Shear

G'day

Elana wrote:

Personally, I like the one with Elizabeth saying "No, look over
there....over there...."

I like that one too, also because of the great look on Cheryl's face. I
chose the one I did for Josh's webpage because it's the best one of
all(most) of the faces.

Thanks Ruth..nice to put faces with names :-).

Agreed. Plus I have the voices too.

DrRuth
Old July 15th 03, 04:26 PM
Belphoebe

"Ruth Shear" wrote in message
news
G'day

Ruth--great pics! All the kids look so cute!

I have a question about your nursing position from the first URL you
posted--where you're sitting semi-reclined, and DS is sort of lying on his
tummy while he bf. I was wondering how you taught DS to do this (or did he
discover it on his own), and at what age? It looks comfy.

Belphoebe

Old July 15th 03, 05:05 PM
Molly Fisher

In article , elizabeth
emerald wrote:

"Elana" wrote in message
Ruth Shear wrote:

The one group photo I posted was the best of the lot, but if you want to
see the others, they are he

Personally, I like the one with Elizabeth saying "No, look over
there....over there...."

LOL! DS is always such a wriggler. and i see he is missing a sock in the
photos. tsk tsk.
it was a great day & wonderful to meet up with people from mkb.
i like the photo of josh climbing out of the ball pit where it looks like
he's knocked out the two other boys.

I went back to look at it again--LOL!

Really great fun to see these photos. Looks like everyone had a good
time. Thanks for posting 'em, Dr. Ruth!

--
Molly
http://www.fisher-studio.com/
Old July 16th 03, 04:14 AM
A&G&K

"Ruth Shear" wrote in message
news
G'day

For those who missed my posting a few weeks ago, the first Aussie mkb
gathering was when I was in Brisbane and met Amanda (A&G&K) and her DD:

http://uts.cc.utexas.edu/~drruth/joshua/year2/week79b.html

Now my summer classes are done and the grades are submitted (yay), I've
finally got the next installments of photos on DS's website showing the
second of my two Aussie mkb gatherings:

http://uts.cc.utexas.edu/~drruth/joshua/year2/week81b_82.html

Chookie, elizabeth emerald and Cheryl and their nurslings, plus Cheryl's
two bigger boys, my sister with one of her sons and a friend, myself and
young Joshie all arranged to meet at Soft Play which is a cool kids play
place in a huge shopping mall (Hornsby Westfield Shoppingtown) in
Sydney. A few hours were spent with the bigger kids playing and the
littler kids nursing and the middle kids trying to do both, though not
at the same time. Cups of tea and bikkies were consumed, different
nursing positions were discussed and a good time was had by all.

The one group photo I posted was the best of the lot, but if you want to
see the others, they are he

http://uts.cc.utexas.edu/~drruth/joshua/mkb.html

Afterwards, Chookie stuck around and had lunch with us. We had a great
NIP session in the food court which I forgot to get a photo of, but we
do have a lovely photo of the two of us with our sleeping angels
aftermath.

A bit further down on Joshie's website is a picture of one of my more
interesting NIP positions, discovered by DS. We were at the airport,
pushing a trolley full of luggage and DS decides he wants some milk. So
I just sat him on the handle of the trolley and off we went 8-) It was
just the right height. It looks like I'm wearing nothing, but I was
wearing a Mojamas pyjama top under a long sleeved shirt (very handy for
NIP on long haul flights).

http://uts.cc.utexas.edu/~drruth/jos...1/onthego2.jpg

Now let's see if I can't get the Texase mkbers together!

DrRuth
Mum to Joshua Eamon (Nov 15th, 2001)
http://uts.cc.utexas.edu/~drruth/joshua/

Great to see the rest of the pics, and great to put some more faces to
names. I wish we were there now as it looks like such a fun time...
Cheers
Amanda ... naking

Old July 17th 03, 03:13 AM
Leslie

That was so neat to see--thanks!

Leslie
Old July 17th 03, 04:32 AM
Ruth Shear

G'day

elizabeth emerald wrote:

it was a great day & wonderful to meet up with people from mkb.

Agreed.

Joshie also really had a ball climbing on all that stuff. I wonder if
they have places like that in the US?

i like the photo of josh climbing out of the ball pit where it looks like
he's knocked out the two other boys.

Yep. I like that one a lot. I think I'll have to blow it up and print
out a big one.

Belphoebe wrote:

Ruth--great pics! All the kids look so cute!

Thanks. Yes they do.

I have a question about your nursing position from the first URL you
posted--where you're sitting semi-reclined, and DS is sort of lying on his
tummy while he bf. I was wondering how you taught DS to do this (or did he
discover it on his own), and at what age? It looks comfy.

Hmm. DS and I have been doing this BF gig for quite a while now. He just
turned 20 months yesterday. Time flies when you're having a ball. I
don't recollect how or when he started this particular position. I guess
at the point he was big enough to sit in my lap while drinking, and then
that easily is varied by me leaning back in whatever comfy spot I'm
sitting and then he is sort of lying against me while drinking. I don't
know if I am being much help.

Things change a lot once your nursling becomes mobile and can find their
own positions. For a long time DS's most amusing one was with me lying
on the bed and him kneeling beside me, lying his torso across my chest
and drinking from the nipple on the side across from where he was
kneeling. Then whenever the slightest distraction needed his attention
he would lift his head and body up so he was kneeling straight up, check
out whatever was going on, and then lean back over to drink again. I
called him a prairie dog at this point.

The other day he tried something new - we were lying on our sides facing
each other and then he tried to roll over away from me so I would be
facing his back, but he had forgotten to let go of me, ouch. I couldn't
even figure out what was going on at first.

Old July 17th 03, 04:50 PM
Belphoebe

"Ruth Shear" wrote in message
news
Belphoebe wrote:

I have a question about your nursing position from the first URL you
posted--where you're sitting semi-reclined, and DS is sort of lying on

his
tummy while he bf. I was wondering how you taught DS to do this (or did

he
discover it on his own), and at what age? It looks comfy.

Hmm. DS and I have been doing this BF gig for quite a while now. He just
turned 20 months yesterday. Time flies when you're having a ball. I
don't recollect how or when he started this particular position. I guess
at the point he was big enough to sit in my lap while drinking, and then
that easily is varied by me leaning back in whatever comfy spot I'm
sitting and then he is sort of lying against me while drinking. I don't
know if I am being much help.

[ . . . ]

Thanks. Yes, this does help. BF positions have been on my mind quite a bit
lately since, at four months, DS is getting to be a big boy, and the Boppy
is becoming a little awkward. He can sit up with support (and loves doing
so!). I guess once he can sit up unsupported, we'll be in a better position
to expand our repertoire.

Belphoebe