If they can do it...

Old April 6th 06, 05:57 PM posted to alt.child-support

Default If they can do it...

"DB" wrote in message
. com...

As far as replacing American Jobs, so you see many of us white boys lined

up
to go work the strawberry fields or even the farms?

Prior to "hiring" illegal immigrants all you seen were Americans working
those fields. I'm not a "white boy", but a "white female" and have worked
the fields as a teenager. My mother worked the fields as a teenager too.
So have my sisters and many others in my family. It is sad that a teenager
is unable to take a job like that early in their summer break so they can
have spending money for clothes and extras. At least that is how it was
when I was young. Even today it is hard for teenagers to find part-time or
temporary employment. There are not enough jobs available working fast
food, pizza, or bagging at your local grocery store. My sons either worked
temporarily at the state fair or volunteered their time just to gain "work
experience".

As far as the comment made by J. Anderson on most employers not hiring
welfare "fools" - if you are a person without a higher education and without
job experience, it is difficult to get a job in some parts of the US unless
you, or your parent, is on welfare. That was the situation my oldest son
faced prior to joining the US Army.

Thanks,
Tracy
~~~~