single man looking for single mom

Old December 14th 04, 05:15 AM
Joelle

Being a single father who married a woman without kids, I can testify to the
nightmare of teaching somebody to be a parent.

It is not your girlfriend or wife's job to parent YOUR kids. That's your
job...so why do you need to "teach" her anything?

I agree that dating someone who is a parent is a plus and it's difficult for
someone who is not a parent to understand, but sorry, the way of the world is
that if someone is out "looking for a single mom" red flags all over the field.

Joelle

The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle
Old December 15th 04, 12:59 AM
CME

"P.Fritz" wrote in message

"CME" wrote in message

"john jones" wrote in message
iam single m 41 nc
u can email me if u
like to
tell few thimg

Hey I don't know about other single Moms but this one has standards and
forming complete sentences along with proper spelling just happens to be
one of them. Hmm could be why I'm still single though. lol

Nope......its because you live up in the cold north boonies ;-)

I'm willing to relocate.

Christine

Old December 15th 04, 03:59 PM
Lisa

"Joelle" wrote in message
Being a single father who married a woman without kids, I can testify to

the
nightmare of teaching somebody to be a parent.

It is not your girlfriend or wife's job to parent YOUR kids. That's your
job...so why do you need to "teach" her anything?

You're not really suggesting that his wife has no voice where the children
are concerned, are you?

Lisa

Old December 15th 04, 04:52 PM
xkatx

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 22:24:08 +1300, "Moonlight"
wrote:

"P.Fritz" wrote in message

"'Kate" wrote in message
On 13 Dec 2004 21:52:41 GMT, EMOVE (Bjarki 009)
wrote:
I've always judges people by the children they raise.

Uh oh. looking around Mine are a little warped. Ask the neighbors,
their friends' parents, their doctor's and teachers, etc.

BTW, I believe genetics to have something to do with behavior. I also
think that environment can include areas outside of my jurisdiction.
Even so... I did warp them. I like'em that way. They make me laugh
and they sing in the car. They get that from me. :-)

'Kate

Yeah? But do they let YOU sing in the car? Mine won't LOL

Well mine don't mind me singing, but my 7 yr old daughter corrects me when
get the lyrics wrong! Cheeky miss is always right too. : ))

Stace

Kids have special hearing. They can tell what the real words are long
before adults figure them out.

I remember one of the lines that we puzzled over. It was "With birds
I share this lonely view" . Had to look it up. It's not like these
are real sentances!

'Kate

Ahh! A great RHCP's song! My nearly 4 year old sings in the car, and how
he remembers the words is beyond me. He does sing along with ones that I
don't even know the words to (because they can be hard to understand) and
I've been listening to the particular song for ages.

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Old December 15th 04, 06:58 PM
Lisa

"Joelle" wrote in message
You're not really suggesting that his wife has no voice where the

children
are concerned, are you?

Yes I am.

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle

That surprises me. I see it quite differently. The children, husband and
wife are a whole, not separate. The step parent must understand that by
becoming a part of the family, they are accepting a parenting role. Would
you marry a man that would not be a part of your children's lives? Would
you marry a man that does not share your same moral values so that he too
could set an example as your children grow and learn? Would you tolerate a
husband that told you not to be involved in parenting his children?

In the above, I am not saying "you" as specifically you, Joelle. These are
just some angles that I considered to be pretty essential for me,
personally, and open up these thoughts for general discussion in a "don't
bite me" sort of way.

Lisa

Old December 15th 04, 07:20 PM
Bjarki 009

Joelle wrote:
It is not your girlfriend or wife's job to parent YOUR kids. That's your

job...so why do you need to "teach" her anything?

Any woman in my life is a role model for my children, particularly my middle
daughter. When I married my wife we hadn't lived together (long distance
relationship) and she had no children. No nieces or nephews near by either. She
had no idea how to relate to young minds. As my wife, it is indeed her "job" to
assist in the raising of all the children ... mine, hers, ours. A healthy
marriage is a partnership in all things. After all, if you don't trust your
partner what are you doing having your kids around them?

I agree that dating someone who is a parent is a plus and it's difficult for

someone who is not a parent to understand, but sorry, the way of the world is
that if someone is out "looking for a single mom" red flags all over the field.

Caution is admirable in most all situations. But "red flag" is a "stop". A
"yellow flag" for "caution" is perhaps a better description. Perhaps they can
not have children of their own. Perhaps they have a family member who is a
single parent and understand the dynamics of that life style. Perhaps your
negativity and suspicions are based on your experiences with a step father?
Whatever the reasons, I can't agree to an automatic "red flag" just because of
a person's likes. Shall we "red flag" all people who have any preconceived
ideas of what they want in a partner?.

Bjarki

Where's Bri ? Nick Single Parents 3 April 24th 04 12:27 PM
Feb. FAQ turtledove Single Parents 0 February 2nd 04 01:53 PM
December's FAQ turtledove Single Parents 1 December 7th 03 08:37 PM
November's FAQ! turtledove Single Parents 0 November 1st 03 05:13 PM
FAQ October 2003 turtledove Single Parents 0 October 17th 03 03:50 AM