Finally got the hang of the Maya Wrap (x-posted)

Old May 24th 04, 06:18 PM
Auntie Bubbles

Default Finally got the hang of the Maya Wrap (x-posted)

And now I can sit at the computer with Poopie nicely nestled against me. We
struggled with this thing at first, but I watched the dvd and spent a little
more time with it, and boy was it worth the extra time and effort. He loves
it.

So, an update: Poopie the Inhaler (Michael) was 4 weeks old yesterday, and
he weighed 12 lbs 14 oz and was 25 inches long. He no longer fits into ANY
newborn clothing, and a lot of the 3-6 month stuff is too short for his
torso.
He holds his head up, rolls over from front to back, and smiles a lot. We
are nursing exclusively, and it is going very well after a few of the
regular hitches (sore nipples because of incorrect latching, and one brief
case of mastitis that cleared up with rest and water and warm compresses).
He is a very efficient nurser.

He is also a major farter. Is this normal? He will have a string of them,
like 6 or 7 at a time! It's funny, but I don't know if I should be worried
about it or not.

He sleeps mostly with us, starts out in the arm's reach co-sleeper but then
ends up in the bed after the first feeding. Daddy thinks the baby sleeps
through the night because Daddy sleeps through the night....it's kinda cute,
but I'm glad DH can sleep through the night, he works so hard during the
day. I am so lucky, because most of the time he (the baby, not DH) just
grunts a little and it wakes me up and we nurse side-lying and he goes right
back to sleep and so do I, we have one diaper change and two or three easy,
quiet feedings in a typical night.
He does have his fussy times, every few days for several hours at a time,
but it's not too bad. Daddy has a magic touch with the boy, and is very
good at calming him down.

DH has been absolutely wonderful during this time. He is making being a new
mother so rewarding. He gets so much pleasure from this baby, it's a joy to
watch. This little guy was unexpected, and DH already had 4 grown children
and will be 44 in a couple of weeks, so it could have been a whole different
story, but he has dispelled all my fears so far! He is so cute with this
little boy!
Anyway, thanks for letting me share!
Cheers,
Alexis
Mom to Michael Mose
4/25/04

Old May 24th 04, 08:06 PM
Welches

Auntie Bubbles wrote in message
And now I can sit at the computer with Poopie nicely nestled against me.

We
struggled with this thing at first, but I watched the dvd and spent a

little
more time with it, and boy was it worth the extra time and effort. He

loves
it.

So, an update: Poopie the Inhaler (Michael) was 4 weeks old yesterday,

and
he weighed 12 lbs 14 oz and was 25 inches long. He no longer fits into

ANY
newborn clothing, and a lot of the 3-6 month stuff is too short for his
torso.

Wow! #2's still in some 3-6 clothes at 7 months. She moved out of 3-6 vests
at the weekend-but only because of washable nappies-disposable still fits.

#1 hardly had any wind, but #2 does both ends all the time. It's her look of
delight when she's done it.

He sleeps mostly with us, starts out in the arm's reach co-sleeper but

then
ends up in the bed after the first feeding. Daddy thinks the baby sleeps
through the night because Daddy sleeps through the night....it's kinda

cute,
but I'm glad DH can sleep through the night, he works so hard during the
day.

So like my dh. With #1 he used to wake up saying "she slept through didn't
she?".
One time I couldn't get her settled and he was snoring away and so I put her
mouth next to his ear. Result: nothing-he stayed asleep. :-)
He hasn't said this with #2, which is lucky for him as he'd probably have
had something thrown at him after her sleeping patterns!

[...]

Lovely to hear:
Debbie

Old May 25th 04, 05:12 AM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Auntie Bubbles wrote:

So, an update: Poopie the Inhaler (Michael) was 4 weeks old yesterday, and

What?! Wow! Where has the time gone?

I'm glad that things are going well!

Old May 26th 04, 03:25 AM
Nevermind

"Auntie Bubbles" wrote in message ...
And now I can sit at the computer with Poopie nicely nestled against me. We
struggled with this thing at first, but I watched the dvd and spent a little
more time with it, and boy was it worth the extra time and effort. He loves
it.

So, an update: Poopie the Inhaler (Michael) was 4 weeks old yesterday, and
he weighed 12 lbs 14 oz and was 25 inches long. He no longer fits into ANY
newborn clothing, and a lot of the 3-6 month stuff is too short for his
torso.
He holds his head up, rolls over from front to back, and smiles a lot.

Advanced!!

We
are nursing exclusively, and it is going very well after a few of the
regular hitches (sore nipples because of incorrect latching, and one brief
case of mastitis that cleared up with rest and water and warm compresses).
He is a very efficient nurser.

He is also a major farter. Is this normal? He will have a string of them,
like 6 or 7 at a time! It's funny, but I don't know if I should be worried
about it or not.

Only if it seems to stop him from sleeping. If it isn't bothering him,
it doesn't need to bother you. It'll go away, most likely, as his
digestive system matures.

[...]

That's *wonderful*. Congratulations!

Anyway, thanks for letting me share!
Cheers,
Alexis
Mom to Michael Mose
4/25/04

Maya wrap with infant Elizabeth H Bonesteel General 0 June 17th 04 03:42 PM
I'm finally back! laurie General 29 December 9th 03 11:04 PM
I'm Finally Back!!!!!!!!!! laurie Pregnancy 11 December 4th 03 10:24 PM
Maya Wrap for sale Kerrie Jarman Pregnancy 0 August 30th 03 03:06 AM
Maya Wrap newborn vertical - safety? Akuvikate General 1 July 10th 03 01:30 PM