22w5d Follow-up Level 2 Ultrasound Visit

Old August 5th 04, 10:02 PM
ModernMiko

Default 22w5d Follow-up Level 2 Ultrasound Visit

Well, we went in for the follow-up level 2 u/s. Because I declined the
amnio, the peri wanted to get a better look at the heart than what he could
get 4 weeks ago. Added bonus was another chance to double check the gender
as I had to trust them last time cause I couldn't see his "package" clearly.
Well, all looks really good. He's measuring about a week ahead of schedule
but he was at the last visit also. She said he's made good progress. He
weighs about 1 lb 4 oz and was a squirmy little thing today. He got a really
good "sitting on the glass" picture and definitely saw the boy parts for
myself this time. Even though I still love the cute girls clothes and long
curly-haired girls, I am very happy to be having this little guy. I picked
up some really cute puppy clothes on the way home. I have two different
outfits now to choose from for his first picture. Then he's got LOTS of cute
hand-me-downs from DS so we'll save quite a bit of money LOL. DS is so
excited. He went to a Chuckie Cheeses type of place today with his day camp
and won a stuffed dog from the claw machine. He says he is going to give it
to his baby brother :-). I have my next OB appt soon and figure she'll scold
me about not gaining any weight (I've gained maybe 1 pound altogether) but I
am a big girl and only gained 12 pounds total with DS and that was all in
the last trimester. I just eat so much healthier and my metabolism is on
overload as I am ALWAYS hot. My blood pressure and urine have been fine to
date so I am happy. Well that's it for now.

--
JennL
DS 06/26/98

aka CatnipSlayer @ livin-it-up.net
--
Leader of the Cult of Worshippers of BiPolar Long-Haired Sexy Anime Guys
with Swords

Old August 5th 04, 11:03 PM
ModernMiko

"Welches" wrote in message

ModernMiko wrote in message
[...]

And you can't guarentee you'll get a curly haired one anyway!

I am very happy to be having this little guy. I picked
up some really cute puppy clothes on the way home. I have two different
outfits now to choose from for his first picture. Then he's got LOTS of

cute
hand-me-downs from DS so we'll save quite a bit of money LOL.

Just think you can dress them alike for photos. Actually #1 always wants

wear the same as #2, which can be difficult!

Well, they're going to be 6 1/2 years apart but it will be neat to have
pictures of DS #2 in the same outfits that DS#1 wore at that age.

DS is so
excited. He went to a Chuckie Cheeses type of place today with his day

camp
and won a stuffed dog from the claw machine.

I didn't think anyone ever won from those. Never seen a winner anyway.

Neither did I. I was amazed. He said it took 3 tokens. I wouldn't have won
it in 30 probably LOL.

He says he is going to give it
to his baby brother :-).

That's sweet.
#1 bought a teddy for #2 before she was born. She then insisted that this
teddy was closer to her than any other toy, and took other stuff away
befause "she wants my teddy".

That's sweet :-)

I have my next OB appt soon and figure she'll scold
me about not gaining any weight (I've gained maybe 1 pound altogether)

but
am a big girl and only gained 12 pounds total with DS and that was all

in
the last trimester.

Just think of all the people worrying they've gained too much ...:-)

I know. I guess I should enjoy for now. Once I have this guy, I really need
to lose some weight.

I just eat so much healthier and my metabolism is on
overload as I am ALWAYS hot. My blood pressure and urine have been fine

date so I am happy. Well that's it for now.

Glad you're happy. enjoy it!!!
Debbie

Thanks Debbie.

Old August 5th 04, 11:49 PM
Welches

[...]

Just think you can dress them alike for photos. Actually #1 always wants to

Old August 6th 04, 01:51 AM
Tori M.

I have my next OB appt soon and figure she'll scold
me about not gaining any weight (I've gained maybe 1 pound altogether)

but
am a big girl and only gained 12 pounds total with DS and that was all

in
the last trimester.

Just think of all the people worrying they've gained too much ...:-)

Trust me when you are on the not gaining the amount the dr wants you to side
it feels almost like you gained too much.. they give the same lecture with
differant language

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Xavier due 10/17/04

Old August 6th 04, 04:42 AM
Nikki

ModernMiko wrote:
"Welches"

Just think you can dress them alike for photos. Actually #1 always
wants to wear the same as #2, which can be difficult!

Well, they're going to be 6 1/2 years apart but it will be neat to
have pictures of DS #2 in the same outfits that DS#1 wore at that age.

My mom sewed so her and I often had very similar outfits. Looking back it
seems kind of cheesy but I have to tell you, I absolutely loved it at the
time. If my dad and brother got a collar out of matching material or
something I was in 7th heaven, lol.
--
Nikki

Old August 6th 04, 12:33 PM
Rebecca McGraw

I'm glad you posted this, since we're due so close together...I find it
fascinating since I feel clueless at this being pregnant thing, and
having you tell of what's going on with you makes me feel better. Is
that weird?

Congrats on the boy! Have you started thinking about names yet, or does
it still seem a little early for you to do that yet? I alternate between
thinking I have all the time in the world and then no time at all.

-Rebecca
edd Dec. 2 2004

ModernMiko wrote:

(interesting stuff)

Old August 6th 04, 06:20 PM
Beach mum

Tori M." wrote
I have my next OB appt soon and figure she'll scold
me about not gaining any weight (I've gained maybe 1 pound altogether)

but
am a big girl and only gained 12 pounds total with DS and that was all

in
the last trimester.

Just think of all the people worrying they've gained too much ...:-)

Trust me when you are on the not gaining the amount the dr wants you to

side
it feels almost like you gained too much.. they give the same lecture with
differant language

I remember at one midwife appointment last time where a group of us were in
the waiting room and started to talk. To a woman, each of us had been
scolded by the midwives for gaining either too much or too little. I think
there is no right number so they're always on you about your weight. Heck, I
gained 10 pounds during my first trimester last time but only gained 30
total. I finally started bringing a graph with my weight since their scale
was so different than mine and they were always going on about it.
--
Melissa (in Los Angeles)
Mum to Elizabeth 4/13/03

Old August 6th 04, 06:26 PM
Nikki

Beach mum wrote:
Tori M." wrote
[...]

I feel so lucky that my doc didn't say boo about my weight gain. I gained
60lbs give or take 5lbs with each one. And that was measuring at my first
appt. at 12 weeks. I'm sure I gained more counting from the very beginning
because eating kept the nausea at bay for me so I ate all the time.

--
Nikki

Old August 7th 04, 12:20 AM
ModernMiko

"Rebecca McGraw" wrote in message

I'm glad you posted this, since we're due so close together...I find it
fascinating since I feel clueless at this being pregnant thing, and
having you tell of what's going on with you makes me feel better. Is
that weird?

Congrats on the boy! Have you started thinking about names yet, or does
it still seem a little early for you to do that yet? I alternate between
thinking I have all the time in the world and then no time at all.

-Rebecca
edd Dec. 2 2004

ModernMiko wrote:

(interesting stuff)

Yes, I have been thinking about names from the time I heard the heartbeat.
DS and I have a name picked out. I THOUGHT DH was also in agreement but when
I used the name the other day to talk about the baby he said something about
me slipping the name in there. He's been working so much that I haven't been
able to talk to him to make sure that the name he wants to use. Men LOL!

Old August 7th 04, 02:36 AM
Rebecca McGraw

Mine is somewhat the same way; we agreed at the beginning that if it was
a girl I got to choose the first name and he gets the middle, but we
both have to like the other's choice also (no "Clarabelle Rainbow" or
anything like that--no offense to any Clarabelle Rainbows that may be
out there). I've only just started making my lists and have a few
favorites but we've just not had time to talk about names at all. I have
*no* idea what he's considering! The name was set if we had a boy, but
since she's not, then it's up for grabs!

I got an email from a friend of mine in New Mexico today; she reminded
me that they didn't name their younger daughter until day 2 so her DH
called the baby "puppy" the whole time she was unnamed. He thought it
was funny, but she didn't think very much of it. In the end, her oldest
daughter named the baby for them.

Only 4 months to go!! Wow!