Birth story: Jack (Long)

Old August 8th 04, 06:59 PM
Donna

Default Birth story: Jack (Long)

"Wendy" wrote in message
It's wonderful that things are going so well and it sounds like you are
recovering from your c-section nicely.

I feel great, actually.

So is Sarah 2 years old?

Just under - 19 months.

I am
having a baby in Nov. and DS will be 16 months so I am wondering if I am
going to get the same reaction from DS?

I don't know. I really didn't expect this kind of reaction from Sarah. I
would have expected her to try to brain the baby with a stuffed animal, or
something, but not to be so completely ****ed off at me. It's kind of
funny, and kind of sad. My husband *swears* she'll adjust.

You'll have to keep us posted on
how long it lasts and how she adjusts to the new baby.

Every day is a little different. She is, indeed, getting better, by little
bits. I've given up my morning nap so that I can put the baby to sleep
(naturally he only sleeps during daylight hours sigh) before she gets up,
and spend a couple of hours with her before she goes to daycare, and I'm
trying to do the same in the evenings. That's helping, as is letting her
pat "her baby" whenever possible. This morning she came in to our bedroom
where I was feeding Jack and cuddled with both of us - that was a huge step.
Then again, last night she wouldn't let me hug her or get her ready for
bed.... sigh Like everything with toddlers, her mood depends entirely
on how long ago her last sleep/nap was.

I'm not sure whether the age difference between a 16 month old and a 19
month old is going to avoid the problem for you all together. I dimly
recall (my memory is shot right now, from sleep deprivation, so everything
is a dim recall right now) that there are some big differences between 16
and 19 months - Sarah is in kind of a challenging phase anyway right now
(early terrible twos), so that might be the real culprit. Who knows?
I'll let you all know how things progress.

Congratulations,
again. Glad to hear you are feeling well.

Thanks, Wendy.

Donna