Postpartum swollen feet - normal??

Old August 3rd 04, 03:43 PM
M Wayne

Default Postpartum swollen feet - normal??

DS Harry is 6 days old, and ever since I got back from the hospital, my feet
have been HUGE, much more swollen than at any time during pregnancy (and
they were ridiculously big towards the end). Is this normal?

--
Melissa
(remove "NOSPAM" to reply)

Old August 3rd 04, 05:13 PM
Nancy P

"M Wayne" wrote in message
DS Harry is 6 days old, and ever since I got back from the hospital, my

feet
have been HUGE, much more swollen than at any time during pregnancy (and
they were ridiculously big towards the end). Is this normal?

--
Melissa
(remove "NOSPAM" to reply)

Did you have IV liquids? This happened to me after my pitocin birth.

Nancy

Old August 3rd 04, 05:18 PM
M Wayne

Nope - no IVs. I can't imagine how much worse the swelling would be if I
had!

--
Melissa
Baby Harry due 7/27/04

Old August 3rd 04, 08:05 PM
Angela Schepers

The same thing happened to me. It's kinda annoying but is fine. It'll
go down after 2-3 weeks postpartum. My OB told me not to worry but to
call her back if it didn't go down.

Old August 4th 04, 01:05 AM
Kirsty

"M Wayne" wrote in message
DS Harry is 6 days old, and ever since I got back from the hospital, my

feet
have been HUGE, much more swollen than at any time during pregnancy (and
they were ridiculously big towards the end). Is this normal?

This is quite normal, if you had swollen feet during pregnancy. It
clears up around the 2-week mark.
Old August 6th 04, 06:37 PM
Christine

I had tons of IV fluids.....and after i got home from the hospital my
feet and even my legs were swollen....i think it lasted a few weeks...

Chrissy & Chloe....

Old August 8th 04, 12:08 AM
Wendy

I would say yes it's normal if not completely annoying. I had an IV
(from failed induction, c-section, and antibiotics) and my feet and
everything else swelled up enormously. It was very, very unpleasant. I
have a friend who had a 100% natural, no IV or anything birth and the
exact same thing happened to her so I don't think it matters. It should
go away soon......drink lots of water and don't eat anything salty and
that should help speed up the process a little.

Wendy