help, baby not gaining enough weight

Old August 14th 03, 07:57 PM
Circe

Default help, baby not gaining enough weight

"Naomi Pardue" wrote in message
I am not
looking forward to having 5 teenagers all taller than me!

I have lots of friends who have kids taller than they are. So I always

tell
Shaina that I am not going to allow her to ever be taller than I am...

that I
will cut her off at the ankles and work my way up, if necessary.
(We fortunately have a while to go before I'll have to decide whether or

not
to carry out that threat. She's 11 and still a good foot shorter than me.)

LOL! Both my boys are looking to be over 6' before they graduate high
school. They'll probably be taller than me by the time they're 14 or 15 at
the rate they're going. I'll have to cut them off below the knees to keep
'em shorter than me.

Fortunately, I have experience in taller-than-mother teenagers, albeit from
the other side of the equation. I topped my not-quite 5'2" mother by the
time I was about 13 or 14.
--
Be well, Barbara
(Julian [6], Aurora [4], and Vernon's [17mo] mom)

"They walk with an unsteady, shambling gate." -- Article in the San Diego
Union Tribune

Old August 14th 03, 08:07 PM
Andrea

"Naomi Pardue" wrote in message
I am not
looking forward to having 5 teenagers all taller than me!

I have lots of friends who have kids taller than they are. So I always

tell
Shaina that I am not going to allow her to ever be taller than I am...

that I
will cut her off at the ankles and work my way up, if necessary.
(We fortunately have a while to go before I'll have to decide whether or

not
to carry out that threat. She's 11 and still a good foot shorter than me.)

Naomi

Lol. I am 5'3 so it wont be long! My son Peter who is 7 is very tall, almost
to my shoulders!

--
Andrea mom of 5 - latest addition Kamron David 10 weeks old weighing 15
pounds.

Fave quote "Mother is the word for God on the lips and hearts of children"
from the film "The Crow".

Old August 15th 03, 02:17 AM
Phoebe & Allyson

Andrea wrote:

Aw how heavy is Caterpillar?

Less heavy than I'd thought - only 12 1/4 pounds at her 2
month WBV today. She's pretty long, though - 23 3/4 inches.
That must be why she's in bigger diapers and wraps than
her weight would indicate. If she's been gaining
consistently, she was only 11 pounds when we put her in size
2s, and they start at 12 pounds.

Phoebe

Old August 15th 03, 04:45 AM
Circe

"Phoebe & Allyson" wrote in message
That must be why she's in bigger diapers and wraps than
her weight would indicate. If she's been gaining
consistently, she was only 11 pounds when we put her in size
2s, and they start at 12 pounds.

I always found the advertised weights for diapers to be vastly
overoptimistic. I always moved my kids up to the next diaper size when they
weighed about 2 lbs. *less* than the lowest advertised weight for the size.
Doing otherwise meant diapers that either wouldn't stay closed or leaked.

Old August 15th 03, 06:31 AM
KC

Wow Caterpillar is almost the same size as my Jessica was at that age.
She was 12 lb 4 oz and 23.5 inches long. It seemed really big to me
as my first dd started much smaller.

KC