Going to use my BF experiance to help others

Old December 5th 03, 03:01 PM
Clare L

Default Going to use my BF experiance to help others

I always called the national line for a counsellor rather than the local one
as that way you get routed through to someone who is there. Kinda handy when
you get the answer phone of the local one and you want to talk STRAIGHT
AWAY.

Our HV's also do a drop in clinic every other Wedsnesday (or is once a
month??) in the town centre, tho the only time I went she was late!

And our local Le Leche League run sessions twice a month, tho they always
clash with something else.

Clare

--
Clare L

"Alison" o.uk wrote in
message ...
That's brilliant, Clare. I felt the same so now I'm training to be a
Breastfeeding Counsellor. It seems a long way away right now cos the
training is two years (ish) - I just wish we had proactive HVs like yours

in
this area then I could be helping NOW.

And 'S' ... I was sad to hear that the NCT lady didn't get back to you. I
think that's mean when someone has needed you so badly that they've not

only
plucked up the courage to phone, but have called 3 times!! I hope I make

better job of it than she did. Well done you for getting so far with no
help. That's why I'm training cos when I was having a nightmare time of

it
I couldn't find a local helper.

--Alison

"M&S" wrote in message
Good on you Clare.

I was v. disappointed when I was bf - it was a nightmare (but I managed

5
mths) - I tried the NCT twice and left messages 3 times for the local

lady
to come and visit/call me but she never did :-(