Pumping vs. baby-sucking strength?

Old January 23rd 04, 01:21 AM
Chotii

Default Pumping vs. baby-sucking strength?

"zeldabee" wrote in message
Zucca4 was all, like:
"The other thing for the original poster to consider is if the
phlanges are the right size. The Yahoo group pumpmoms used to have
lots of good
tips for maximizing pump output.
"

Thanks Mary I tried to join pumpmoms but for some reason have
never been able to get on. I always get some message that says to
try again later. Who knows...

Are the phlanges the actual things that cover your nipples to
withdraw the milk? I've wondered if there are larger ones as my
areolas are quite big and only my nipple fits inside the contraption.

Please let me know as I would order them in a heartbeat

This is the first link I could find, but you might be able to find them
elsewhere.

http://www.affordable-breastfeeding-...perbreasa.html

I use the large (27mm) size. I bought a pair of the 30mm size, but they're
too big. If you're in the States, I'd be happy to send them to you if it
turns out that's the size you need. (They come in two pieces, connector

and
shield, so you'd need the connectors. This site sells them together; I
bought mine separately.)

I don't think the soft flange would have helped me. I HAD to use the Ameda
'Flexi-Shield' or I could not have continued pumping as I did. My right
nipple/aureola would be pulled into the horn, down the tube, and it would
stay that way for a long time after the pumping was done. And milk would
simply drip. I was doing some varity of injury and it was awful. But my
nipples are *very* small (1/2" across, maybe 1/4" tall) and even the small
flange insert didn't help. It just made a narrower tube which my aureola
would be dragged down by the suction.

But that was only the one breast. The other was fine. Go figure?

--angela

Old January 23rd 04, 08:48 PM
Mom2Aries

Yahoo is stupid, really. It eats up membership requests and then decides
that it doesn't want to spit them back out again. If you want to join, try
just emailing the owner (pumpmoms-owner) and requesting to be added... might
work easier than going through the website.

"Mary W." wrote in message

Zucca4 wrote:

Thanks Mary I tried to join pumpmoms but for some reason have never

been
able to get on. I always get some message that says to try again later.

Who
knows...

Hmmm... Its been awhile since I've been on, so I don't know what's up
with the list anymore.