Happy!

Old November 3rd 03, 03:14 PM
Clare L

Default Happy!

DS is officially over his milk allergy and is now 50th for weight and 75th
for height (tho given what ol' hollow legs eats I'm not surprised) - 2
months ago he was on 25th for weight!

And today we got him his first pair of shoes - I believe nothing but socks
or sunlight on children's feet until they want to walk outside in cold muddy
conditions. So at 14 mths we have his first shoes. Blue ones as that is what
his wise 2 3/4 years sister told me he wanted!

love
Clare

--
Clare L

Old November 3rd 03, 05:08 PM
Beth Kevles

Congratulations!

Since your son DID have a milk allergy, keep alert for behavioral or
health issues that crop up later in his life. Allergies occasionally
manifest again but with different symptoms. Probably not an issue, but
something to be alert for.

As far as shoes go ... I hope he keeps them on! Mine learned how to
remove them and would NOT keep them on until he learned how to tie them
himself ...

Happy parenting,
--Beth Kevles

like me to reply.
Old November 4th 03, 09:31 AM
KC

Great news about the allergy being gone!

Good for you on the shoe thing! We have foot problems in my family,
so I am a zealot about the no shoes thing with my kids because
shoeless cultures have very low rates of foot deformities compared to
shoed cultures. I luckily live in California, so my almost 4 year old
has hardly ever worn anything but sandals that are adjustable at every
part of the foot, and only those for going into stores and restaurants
(no shoes, no service kind of thing).

KC -
buy or rent Whittlestone Breast Expressers at
http://www.alittlestore.com

Old November 4th 03, 08:31 PM
hobbes

"Clare L" wrote in message
DS is officially over his milk allergy and is now 50th for weight and 75th
for height (tho given what ol' hollow legs eats I'm not surprised) - 2
months ago he was on 25th for weight!

Excellent!!

And today we got him his first pair of shoes - I believe nothing but socks
or sunlight on children's feet until they want to walk outside in cold

muddy
conditions. So at 14 mths we have his first shoes. Blue ones as that is

what
his wise 2 3/4 years sister told me he wanted!

And good for you shoes. We're totally the same way (my husband is a firm
believer in bare feet in most circumstances, and I'm a convert)--I make sure
feet are warm, but I only use socks or slippers until my kids are walking in
mud, snow or on gravel (and DS doesn't mind walking barefoot on most
gravels). I think DS was 13 or 14 months when we got his first shoes (at my
mother's insistance!); it was a bittersweet moment. DD is still shoeless!

--
Jodi
SAHM to Oliver (2 years, 8 months) & Arwen (6 months)

Old November 5th 03, 02:04 PM
Clare L

The shoe-fitter in the store told me she had had one young mum in with her
second or third child and even though the child wasn't even walking (not
even close to doing it either) she had already bought him a pair of Nikes in
one shop and then bought more from her. The shoe fitter tried to persuade
the mum to buy soft pram shoes if she was to buy anything at but the daft
mum wouldn't listen and bought more shoes. WHY.

Clare

--
Clare L

om...