Is it safe to travel during pregnancy?

Old June 19th 07, 12:16 PM posted to misc.kids
[email protected]

Default Is it safe to travel during pregnancy?

Hello..It is adviced to avoid travelling during the first 2-4 months
of your pregnancy because it is not safe and there are incidents of
miscarriages because of this...So take care and be careful..
Have fun...

And just for your info, there is this useful site which has A-Z info
about kids, upcoming events and other related stuffs. Here is the link
http://mybaby.com
Just check it out...

Regards
Dhiya

Old June 20th 07, 04:59 AM posted to misc.kids
Chris

On Jun 19, 7:16?am, wrote:
Hello..It is adviced to avoid travelling during the first 2-4 months
of your pregnancy because it is not safe and there are incidents of
miscarriages because of this...So take care and be careful..
Have fun...

And just for your info, there is this useful site which has A-Z info
about kids, upcoming events and other related stuffs. Here is the linkhttp://mybaby.com
Just check it out...

Regards
Dhiya

That's odd. I thought it was unadvisable to travel during the last 1-2
months of a pregnancy. I was told by my doctor that if a miscarriage
is going to happen, there is nothing you can do to stop it. It doesn't
matter where you are or what you are doing, as in the beginning there
is plenty of extra protection for baby within. I rode a rollercoaster
when I was 3-4 months pregnant. Doc said as long as you possess the
ability to not blame yourself for riding it SHOULD you coincidentally
happen to miscarry, then go for it.

Old June 20th 07, 12:08 PM posted to misc.kids
enigma

Chris wrote in
oups.com:

On Jun 19, 7:16?am, wrote:
Hello..It is adviced to avoid travelling during the first
2-4 months of your pregnancy because it is not safe and
there are incidents of miscarriages because of this...So
take care and be careful.. Have fun...

That's odd. I thought it was unadvisable to travel during
the last 1-2 months of a pregnancy. I was told by my doctor
that if a miscarriage is going to happen, there is nothing
you can do to stop it. It doesn't matter where you are or
what you are doing, as in the beginning there is plenty of
extra protection for baby within. I rode a rollercoaster
when I was 3-4 months pregnant. Doc said as long as you
possess the ability to not blame yourself for riding it
SHOULD you coincidentally happen to miscarry, then go for
it.

yup. most miscarriages happen between 4-9 weeks. many times
the mother hadn't even realized she was pregnant (just a late,
heavy period). travel & activity rarely has anything to do
with it.
in a normal pregnancy travel within 6-8 weeks of the
estimated due date is discouraged, due to the inexactness of
estimates & the possibility of early labor. the doctors don't
want you too far from their hospital if you go into labor.
i had grudging permission to travel from NH to NY at 8 months
& one week of pregnancy, but only because i was having a
textbook perfect pregnancy (at age 47, so they were watching
me like a hawk). however, the OB/GYN gave me strict orders NOT
to have the baby there
lee
Old June 20th 07, 01:44 PM posted to misc.kids
Jeff

wrote:
Hello..It is adviced to avoid travelling during the first 2-4 months
of your pregnancy because it is not safe and there are incidents of
miscarriages because of this...So take care and be careful..
Have fun...

And just for your info, there is this useful site which has A-Z info
about kids, upcoming events and other related stuffs. Here is the link
http://mybaby.com
Just check it out...

Regards
Dhiya

1) This is nonsense. This tells me the site is not useful.

2) If one needs advice on traveling during pregnancy, an OB/GYN is the
person to ask, not Dhiya in India, who is being to .
Old June 20th 07, 01:45 PM posted to misc.kids
Jeff

Chris wrote:
On Jun 19, 7:16?am, wrote:
[...]

Fortunately, you had a good OB/GYN to ask, not Dhiya the spammer in India.

Jeff