sample babywise schedule for 3 month old?

Old June 18th 07, 11:41 PM posted to misc.kids
[email protected]

Default sample babywise schedule for 3 month old?

On Jun 17, 10:02 pm, Sarah Vaughan
My son sleeps in a bassinet, and tonight its going to be the crib. He
is bottle fed and i even tried the cereal thing, DOESNT WORK!! I keep
a fan going in our room at night so there is a constant humm. He takes
about 3 naps during the day. Not good ones either, one at 10am for an
hour then another one around 2pm for an hour(hopefully) and then the
last one about 4ish for 30 minutes or even less. Its like a little
pick me up for him then he's good again.
I think u r right about the book though. I was trying to hold him off
on a feeding when has only been 2 hours and he was screaming!! I fed
him nows hes happy.
Thanks for trying to help me

Does he seem hungry when he wakes during the night? How much does he
take at each of his night wakings, and how much at his first feed in the
mornings? How does he normally get to sleep for naps and nighttime?
What do you do at each of his night wakings? How dark is the room in
the early hours of the morning?

All the best,

Sarah
--http://www.goodenoughmummy.typepad.com

"That which can be destroyed by the truth, should be" - P. C. Hodgell

My son... Lyken, he drinks about 5 ounces at night and maybe 3 the
next feeding. When he wakes up we pick him up and feed him then he
falls back to sleep after about a half an hour. Thats the first
feeding then 3 hours later he's ready to rock 'n roll! That is at
3am.. Id put him to bed later, but he doesnt last. Ice on the toes
doesnt work loud music by his hear, you name it he is OUT!
Anyways, we just darkend his room so naps have just started to get
better.

Old June 18th 07, 11:43 PM posted to misc.kids
[email protected]

On Jun 17, 5:36 am, dragon wrote:
My DS would not sleep longer than 6 or 7 hours for the first three
years of his life, so that meant we could not have an 8 or 9pm
bedtime. If he went down so early, he'd be up at 2 or 3 in the
morning and not fall asleep again.

If your child is like this, you'll have to wait longer to put him down
at night. The only way I could get a full night's sleep was to put
him down at 11pm. I missed having grown-up time in the evenings, but
getting some sleep was more important to me than that.

For what it's worth, DS began sleeping through the night at about age
four.

dragon

That makes me feel A LOT better because it feels like anyone i talk to
says there child was an angel and slept through the night after 4
weeks! Bull I say*)

Old June 18th 07, 11:46 PM posted to misc.kids
[email protected]

On Jun 16, 10:52 pm, Chookie wrote:
In article .com,

wrote:
I think u r right about the book though. I was trying to hold him off
on a feeding when has only been 2 hours and he was screaming!! I fed
him nows hes happy.

The book is not very specific about how to hold a baby off from a feeding, is
it? How did you try to do that? I think you did right to feed him, anyway.

I'd suggest you find a better book, too. It isn't the only one around. My
recommendation is Robin Barker's Baby Love, but she is Australian. You might
be able to get it on Amazon.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue

When he woke up at 8am I waited to see how long he could last without
eating After a nap and woke up for a while he was hungry by 12pm, so
i thought maybe they were right. Oh NOOOOO, like i said after 2 hours
my poor baby was starving. I still go by time rather than just feeding
him whenever he cries. I think i know the difference between boredom,
tired and hungry now. But that book is rediculous! Thanks for the book
recommended, Ill check it out

Old June 18th 07, 11:48 PM posted to misc.kids
[email protected]

On Jun 16, 7:24 pm, Ericka Kammerer wrote:
wrote:
My son sleeps in a bassinet, and tonight its going to be the crib. He
is bottle fed and i even tried the cereal thing, DOESNT WORK!!

No, it often doesn't, and it's a choking hazard to
boot.

I keep
a fan going in our room at night so there is a constant humm. He takes
about 3 naps during the day. Not good ones either, one at 10am for an
hour then another one around 2pm for an hour(hopefully) and then the
last one about 4ish for 30 minutes or even less.

Hmm...you might want to try jiggering those times a
bit. When does he get up in the morning? Babies are often
ready to go down for a nap within two hours of waking in the
morning. Is it possible that you are missing his early sleep
cues? By the time they get to fussing and rubbing their eyes,
they are often overtired. Although it seems counter-intuitive,
when they're overtired, they often have a harder time getting
to sleep and they sleep less well. If he wakes in the morning
at 7am, maybe try to get him down for a nap by 9am, and maybe
the next nap closer to noon-ish.

Its like a little
pick me up for him then he's good again.
I think u r right about the book though. I was trying to hold him off
on a feeding when has only been 2 hours and he was screaming!! I fed
him nows hes happy.

They have tiny little bellies, and when they're hungry,
they're hungry! Babies who are hungry don't sleep well.

Best wishes,
Ericka

You are right!

Old June 20th 07, 10:57 PM posted to misc.kids
Sarah Vaughan

wrote:

My son... Lyken, he drinks about 5 ounces at night and maybe 3 the
next feeding.

So, do I have this straight - he's drinking 5 ounces when he wakes up at
midnight and then 3 ounces at 3 a.m. and then waking every hour for the
rest of the night? What does he do when he wakes up after the 3 a.m. feeds?

When he wakes up we pick him up and feed him then he
falls back to sleep after about a half an hour.

Half an hour - is he spending that time feeding, or just awake? What's
he doing at the point when he falls asleep - is he still feeding, is he
in his crib, are you rocking him? What about naptimes and bedtimes -
how does he get off to sleep then? Does he fall asleep in his cot or
need help? What do you need to do to get him to sleep each time?

What about when he wakes up in the night after 3 a.m.? Does he fuss, or
does he cry? What do you do when you hear him wake up?

Thats the first
feeding then 3 hours later he's ready to rock 'n roll! That is at
3am.. Id put him to bed later, but he doesnt last. Ice on the toes
doesnt work loud music by his hear, you name it he is OUT!
Anyways, we just darkend his room so naps have just started to get
better.

That's good! Is the room dark enough in the early hours of the morning?

All the best,

Sarah