sample babywise schedule for 3 month old?

Old June 12th 07, 09:41 AM posted to misc.kids
Sarah Vaughan

Default sample babywise schedule for 3 month old?

don_tspamme wrote:
Hi, I read the babywise book but I'm not completely sure about the nap
schedule thing... I think I read that the baby needs 3 naps during the
day, each 1 1/2 hours long, and to be fed every 3 hours, but I'm not
sure how it works in the afternoon... my DD wakes at 7am and goes to
bed at 7pm... so can anyone give me an idea of what her schedule would
look like? I'm a little confused...TIA

If you haven't done so already, I would recommend checking out the links
at http://www.ezzo.info, especially the link on the left that says
'Voices Of Experience'.

All the best,

Sarah
--
http://www.goodenoughmummy.typepad.com

"That which can be destroyed by the truth, should be" - P. C. Hodgell

Old June 12th 07, 12:24 PM posted to misc.kids
Sue

You're probaby confused because your baby has not read any books. Trust your
instincts and forget the books because your baby knows what it needs. Let
her sleep when she wants and eat when she wants. Soon, she will be forming
her own routine and you can then teak it to fit the needs of the family.
However, for now as a newborn, she needs to eat and sleep so she will grow.
--
Sue

ups.com...

Old June 14th 07, 09:58 PM posted to misc.kids
[email protected]

On Jun 10, 9:35 pm, don_tspamme wrote:
Hi, I read the babywise book but I'm not completely sure about the nap
schedule thing... I think I read that the baby needs 3 naps during the
day, each 1 1/2 hours long, and to be fed every 3 hours, but I'm not
sure how it works in the afternoon... my DD wakes at 7am and goes to
bed at 7pm... so can anyone give me an idea of what her schedule would
look like? I'm a little confused...TIA

Im currently TRYING to read the book and have a 3 month old. I cant
seem to understand fully what to even do. My son wakes up after only 4
hours of sleep and then again 3 hours after that, then every hour!!!
He goes to bed easily at 8pm then the fun begins. Im soo exhausted has
well as my husband who takes over at 3am because thats when i leave
for work. I think he needs longer naps. He doesnt do too well with
those, and the overstimulation!? Im clueless and cant figure out a
schedule for him!! The darn book doesnt say what to do if youre
starting at 3 months, just what to do at newborn!!

Old June 14th 07, 10:59 PM posted to misc.kids
Ericka Kammerer

wrote:

Im currently TRYING to read the book and have a 3 month old. I cant
seem to understand fully what to even do. My son wakes up after only 4
hours of sleep and then again 3 hours after that, then every hour!!!
He goes to bed easily at 8pm then the fun begins. Im soo exhausted has
well as my husband who takes over at 3am because thats when i leave
for work. I think he needs longer naps. He doesnt do too well with
those, and the overstimulation!? Im clueless and cant figure out a
schedule for him!! The darn book doesnt say what to do if youre
starting at 3 months, just what to do at newborn!!

Ditch that book. Go get a better book. Others here can
probably list some favorites, as it's been a while since I was
out buying baby books (I liked Penelope Leach, Wm. and Martha
Sears, Brazelton, etc.).
You aren't going to have a whole lot of luck if you're
just trying to pick some schedule out of the air and impose it.
You'll have better luck if you can understand what your son's
tendencies are and nudge them one way or another, working with
his natural tendencies rather than against them.

So, it sounds like your son is going to bed at 8pm,
then waking at 12am, and then again at 3am, and then hourly
after that? What do you do when he wakes? Do you feed him?
Are you breastfeeding or formula feeding? When does he get
up for the day in the morning? Around when is he napping
and eating during the day?

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old June 15th 07, 06:04 PM posted to misc.kids
toto

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 13:58:17 -0700, wrote:

Im currently TRYING to read the book and have a 3 month old. I cant
seem to understand fully what to even do. My son wakes up after only 4
hours of sleep and then again 3 hours after that, then every hour!!!
He goes to bed easily at 8pm then the fun begins. Im soo exhausted has
well as my husband who takes over at 3am because thats when i leave
for work. I think he needs longer naps. He doesnt do too well with
those, and the overstimulation!? Im clueless and cant figure out a
schedule for him!! The darn book doesnt say what to do if youre
starting at 3 months, just what to do at newborn!!

Please ditch that book. It is NOT a good guide.

At 3 months, he may be having a growth spurt and need more feedings.
It sounds like he goes to bed at 8 PM, then wakes for a feeding at
midnight, which is quite reasonable. Is he getting all his burps out
after that feeding? Are you breastfeeding or bottle feeding? Babies
at this age may not have a *real* schedule. It's important to follow
their cues. How much is he napping during the day? He may have his
days and nights a bit mixed up. You may want to wake him more during
the daytime hours and keep your nighttime hours less stimulating. You
can try white noise or soft music. Is he co-sleeping? In a crib in
your bedroom? In his own room?

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits
Old June 16th 07, 11:06 PM posted to misc.kids
[email protected]

On Jun 15, 10:04 am, toto wrote:
[...]

My son sleeps in a bassinet, and tonight its going to be the crib. He
is bottle fed and i even tried the cereal thing, DOESNT WORK!! I keep
a fan going in our room at night so there is a constant humm. He takes
about 3 naps during the day. Not good ones either, one at 10am for an
hour then another one around 2pm for an hour(hopefully) and then the
last one about 4ish for 30 minutes or even less. Its like a little
pick me up for him then he's good again.
I think u r right about the book though. I was trying to hold him off
on a feeding when has only been 2 hours and he was screaming!! I fed
him nows hes happy.
Thanks for trying to help me

Old June 17th 07, 01:56 AM posted to misc.kids
toto

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 15:06:23 -0700, wrote:

My son sleeps in a bassinet, and tonight its going to be the crib. He
is bottle fed and i even tried the cereal thing, DOESNT WORK!!

At 3 months, cereal may just cause more upset tummy. It's not worth
it and he doesn't need it.

I keep a fan going in our room at night so there is a constant humm.
He takes about 3 naps during the day. Not good ones either, one at
10am for an hour then another one around 2pm for an hour(hopefully)
and then the last one about 4ish for 30 minutes or even less. Its like a
little pick me up for him then he's good again.

My ds at that age took *catnaps* rather than full naps. He didn't get
into a real nap schedule until he was around 6 to 8 months old and
then it was two naps per day. What time does he wake up in the
morning? Often babies need to go back to nap after only a hour to two
hours after waking at this age. Have you tried putting him down after
a shorter time? Also, he might sleep better propped in his car seat
or infant seat than in the crib. If he has some colic or reflux, the
back to sleep position probably is not very good. He may also be
starting to teeth. Is he drooling? Can you feel that his gums are
swollen a bit? This doesn't mean the teeth will come through right
away, but he may be feeling them moving.

I think u r right about the book though. I was trying to hold him off
on a feeding when has only been 2 hours and he was screaming!! I fed
him nows hes happy.

Please feed him when he is hungry even if that is only 2 hours. 3 to
4 months is a big time for growth spurts and he may want to eat more
often or to have a bit more each time. I breast fed so I can't really
help with bottle feeding, so maybe someone else can chime in here
on that score.

Thanks for trying to help me

No problem.

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits
Old June 17th 07, 03:24 AM posted to misc.kids
Ericka Kammerer

wrote:

My son sleeps in a bassinet, and tonight its going to be the crib. He
is bottle fed and i even tried the cereal thing, DOESNT WORK!!

No, it often doesn't, and it's a choking hazard to
boot.

I keep
a fan going in our room at night so there is a constant humm. He takes
about 3 naps during the day. Not good ones either, one at 10am for an
hour then another one around 2pm for an hour(hopefully) and then the
last one about 4ish for 30 minutes or even less.

Hmm...you might want to try jiggering those times a
bit. When does he get up in the morning? Babies are often
ready to go down for a nap within two hours of waking in the
morning. Is it possible that you are missing his early sleep
cues? By the time they get to fussing and rubbing their eyes,
they are often overtired. Although it seems counter-intuitive,
when they're overtired, they often have a harder time getting
to sleep and they sleep less well. If he wakes in the morning
at 7am, maybe try to get him down for a nap by 9am, and maybe
the next nap closer to noon-ish.

Its like a little
pick me up for him then he's good again.
I think u r right about the book though. I was trying to hold him off
on a feeding when has only been 2 hours and he was screaming!! I fed
him nows hes happy.

They have tiny little bellies, and when they're hungry,
they're hungry! Babies who are hungry don't sleep well.

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old June 17th 07, 01:36 PM posted to misc.kids
dragon

My DS would not sleep longer than 6 or 7 hours for the first three
years of his life, so that meant we could not have an 8 or 9pm
bedtime. If he went down so early, he'd be up at 2 or 3 in the
morning and not fall asleep again.

If your child is like this, you'll have to wait longer to put him down
at night. The only way I could get a full night's sleep was to put
him down at 11pm. I missed having grown-up time in the evenings, but
getting some sleep was more important to me than that.

For what it's worth, DS began sleeping through the night at about age
four.

dragon