Arrival of the twins!

Old August 26th 05, 05:54 AM
Mum of Two

I'm glad things are going well for the twins! I hope your back problems ease
and that your DS' kidney proves nothing to worry about.

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,

"Ilse Witch" wrote in message
news
It's been busy busy busy, but at the same time, it's been a marvel and
enormous joy to have *two* such little creatures to care for. I haven't
even had time to read all the replies to the birth announcement, but it's
been truly amazing to see so many people have been following my story. I
feel blessed to have found so many friends here and I wish I had time to
reply to each of you in person.

DD has recovered from her dip and is gaining strength day by day. She
was back on her birthweight this monday. Today she nursed with me like she
has never been bottle fed! She is finally starting to wake up for her
feedings and drinking enough, so we are going to switch her to nursing one
by one feeding.

DS2 has been tested for reflux in his urinary tract, and nothing was
found. The cause of his enlarged kidney is still unclear. We've not heard
from the u/s scan whether it is getting smaller or not. He is on a low
dose antibiotics to prevent infections, but has no problems with it so
far. Next week both kids are due for a check-up with the pediatrician,
and in another week they will test him for kidney damage. In spite of
everything, he is doing very well.

I have caught up with the milk production and both kids are off formula
since yesterday. It is a matter of pride that no matter what, the twins
will grow on mommy-milk for at least 6 months. I am starting to build a
small supply, so I don't have to pump in the middle of the night. Only
one downpoint: my backproblems have returned with a vengeance and today I
was seriously frustrated that I couldn't even lift my own babies from
their crib. Luckily DH is home for the week, and things are improving
quickly,

DS1 is dealing with things wonderfully. He is totally in love with his
new siblings, after denying everything to do with the pregnancy, I am
happy to see him so accepting. We make time for him whenever possible, and
amazingly, we find ourselves with some spare time every now and then (like
now). We are tired, but not exhausted (yet) and thoroughly enjoying every
spare moment we have. Children are such miracles!

--
--I
mommy to DS1 (July '02)

Old August 28th 05, 04:38 PM
Welches

"Ilse Witch" wrote in message
news
Saturday August 13th saw the birth of two new world citizens: DD and DS2.
Since DD was not lying in full breech and the membranes had ruptured,
they
arrived by c-section. They both weighed in at just above 3kg. My recovery
is progressing well,

Congratulations!
Debbie

Old August 30th 05, 02:11 AM
carl jones

"Ilse Witch" wrote in message
news
Saturday August 13th saw the birth of two new world citizens: DD and DS2.
Since DD was not lying in full breech and the membranes had ruptured, they
arrived by c-section. They both weighed in at just above 3kg. My recovery
is progressing well, DS2 is nursing like a champ, but needs additional
hospital tests for an enlarged kidney. He is doing wonderful otherwise.

Congtratulations on the birth of your twins! I was sad to hear they had to
be born by C-section but you still have a wonderul outcome!

Carl

B/G twins here Janine Twins & Triplets 1 May 19th 04 03:43 PM
Friend pregnant with twins in hospital :( Jill Pregnancy 6 February 2nd 04 08:15 PM
We're Having Boy/Girl Twins Meg Twins & Triplets 38 November 29th 03 07:37 AM
Woman of 58 gives birth to twins after successful IVF treatment [email protected] Pregnancy 10 July 23rd 03 08:18 AM
AP: Study Shows Fraternal Twins Can Share Placenta Nick Theodorakis Twins & Triplets 1 July 14th 03 05:49 AM