Update from Jamie

Old June 3rd 04, 07:41 PM
Jamie Clark

Default Update from Jamie

All,
Well, if it weren't for the back log at the San Mateo County Courthouse, I
think we'd have been Home Study approved and "in the book" at least a week
ago, if not more. I sent a request to San Mateo County on May 12th, asking
for 2 certified copies of our marriage license (1 for our agency and 1 for
my files), and the website said it should take 7-10 days. Two full weeks
later, I still haven't received it. I call the County Clerk's office on
June 1st, and find out that they have a back log, and are 1.5-2 weeks
behind. I sweetly explain our situation, and they have me fax over our
original letter request. They supposedly processed it the next day, and our
license should arrive early next week. We hope.

I have the medical health forms that our agency is waiting on, and 100
copies of my Dear Birthmother letter all printed out and ready to go. I
wanted to wait until our wedding license came in, so I could drive
everything over at once. Once those 3 items are into our agency's hands, we
are home study approved and in the book. I also will need to get our agency
the appropriate information to be up on their website, but don't want to
send that over to them before we're officially home study approved. We plan
to leave on a two week vacation on June 12th, so I'm really hoping to get
all of this stuff taken care of before we go. Otherwise, it will have to
wait.

Of course, the best part about all of this is my attitude...none of this has
phased me, AT ALL. Two years ago, while going through this process
pre-Taylor, I would have been going nuts with a delay like this. Now, not
so much. And it feels good. And I like it.

In other news, I'm finally feeling better, although this cold is dragging on
and on and on. I wake up each morning with a cough and slightly sore
throat, but it's only slightly better each day than the day before. But
during the day I generally feel fine, if a little coughy. I keep a supply
of Ricola on hand, and that seems to soothe and help.

But, being sick gave me another little jump start on my diet, so I'm back to
(mostly) Atkins, and finally got down to my first main big goal -- 163.5,
which is what I weighed 6 years ago when I found out I was pregnant with
Nathan. This is a huge emotional goal weight for me, since that was the
beginning of the 5 years of trauma, loss, infertility and depression. To be
back at that weight, and have a child in my home, is an amazing experience.
To be happy again, is an amazing experience. Considering that last August,
I was at my highest at 190, I'm very pleased with a 25 pound weight loss.
My newest tiny goal is to try to hit 159 before we go on vacation on June
12th. I'll probably gain a bit while on vacation, but then it will be back
to the grindstone for me, and we'll see how low I can go!
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Check out our Adoption Page at http://home.earthlink.net/~jamielee6

Old June 4th 04, 03:51 PM
Ilse Witch

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 18:41:36 +0000, Jamie Clark wrote:

But, being sick gave me another little jump start on my diet, so I'm back to
(mostly) Atkins, and finally got down to my first main big goal -- 163.5,
which is what I weighed 6 years ago when I found out I was pregnant with
Nathan. This is a huge emotional goal weight for me, since that was the
beginning of the 5 years of trauma, loss, infertility and depression. To be
back at that weight, and have a child in my home, is an amazing experience.

I can sorta imagine, as I have just started a diet again myself after the
third m/c. I gained quite some weight over the last year, because of
all the emotional issues. Just to be able to focus on just myself again
for a while and not having to deal with 2WW, BD around O when we are both
tired, the scare of a positive HPT, it's such a relief. I can only hope
that in 6 months or so, I'll be back on my goal weight (~25lb less).

I'm glad things are going so well for you Jamie!!

--
-- I
mommy to DS (July '02)

Attn: Jamie Clark Kara H Pregnancy 13 January 15th 04 07:36 AM
Last update of our baby-website Plissken Pregnancy 0 July 22nd 03 01:30 PM