Calling Nurse or Doctor ASS-P! Lump on my junk??

Old June 20th 06, 09:35 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

Default Calling Nurse or Doctor ASS-P! Lump on my junk??

Quick (probably not) question for all the moms out here...
A warning, though, as this might contain TMI (I'm gonna do my best to
explain without TMI)

Alright, before A was born, while I was still pregnant, I noticed I had a
small bump on my crotch (I think it would be considered?) area, just beside
my right leg joint, I guess. It was just a small little bump thing going
on, about the size of a pea. Didn't hurt, wasn't an abnormal color, it was
just there. Some time after A was born, it disappeared never to be seen
again... Until now...

A few days ago, I noticed this small bump back around the same area, and
according to Norm, he figures it's about the same size as last time, and in
about the same spot. Again, it's not any strange color, but this time, it
hurts! If I touch it, it gets more painful. If I'm not touching it, it has
a slight throbbing pain. I can feel almost like a pressure if I cross my
legs to sit. This morning, it felt kind of long - like a tear drop shape
almost, where it's more narrow on the part that faces towards my feet, and
wider up at the top, and I can feel it almost feels like it's just below my
pubic bone, I think. It's to the inside of my leg joint, and the space
between my leg joint and this bump is about the width of the elastic part
of my underwear, about a width of a finger.

If I grab it, like kind of touch it all around, it is more painful, and it
almost feels like a small grape, not a pea anymore. The best I can describe
it is that it almost feels like a small ball that is not attached to
anything on the sides, just one part feels like it's attached to something
under my skin on the area closest to my leg joint. It's not so painful
around it, other than just below it and just to the side of it near my leg.
That's also where it's fairly painful to touch, just to the bottom and side
of the little lump (little as in it now feels a lot bigger, but could be my
imagination??)

So, this was late last night that it felt like it was about the size of a
pea. Late in the morning today, though, it felt like a small grape size. I
took a quick peek at it, and it now looks like the whole area is swollen,
but it does not look to be red or a different color than the rest of my
skin.

I've asked others here and there, and some have suggested possibly vericose
vein, a cyst or abscess, a swollen lymph gland, under the skin pimple and
ingrown hair (given the location it is)...

Any idea on what this could be? I've never had it ever before, other than
when pregnant with A recently, and then it went away. Now it seems to be
back again, but this time, unlike last time, it hurts. Any ideas? Should I
be worried? I have an appointment with my OB, but I don't know if it is
pregnancy related. If it's not, my OB is just going to say ask a family
doctor - which I do not currently have (I have my OB, the kids have their
ped) and I do not think I am very comfortable with calling up Random Doctor
to see if they are accepting new patience. We normally head off to the drop
in clinic for little health concerns, but again, I am really not comfortable
with walking into the drop in clinic and asking Dr. Random to look at my
junk!

I'm wondering if maybe there's something going on and now that it feels and
looks very swollen, could my underwear be rubbing it and irritating it?
(again, there's no redness) Should I make an attempt to go comando? I'm
not sure how comfortable I am doing that, as well, I just like to wear
underwear, especially being pregnant. I haven't been wearing a thong (I
read a recommendation that thongs during pregnancy can sometimes cause some
problems) and it's just been normal, regular underwear that I've always
worn.

Any experience? I do apologize if this is TMI Just wondering if it can
be explained somewhat with a similar experience or if I really should ask my
OB or another regular doctor...

Old June 21st 06, 02:40 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents

"xkatx" wrote in message
Quick (probably not) question for all the moms out here...
A warning, though, as this might contain TMI (I'm gonna do my best to
explain without TMI)

Alright, before A was born, while I was still pregnant, I noticed I had a
small bump on my crotch (I think it would be considered?) area, just
beside my right leg joint, I guess. It was just a small little bump thing
going on, about the size of a pea. Didn't hurt, wasn't an abnormal color,
it was just there. Some time after A was born, it disappeared never to be
seen again... Until now...

It's probably a hernia - and you should get it checked out. I developed a
hernia when I was pregnant with my son, and ignored it for 8 years - at
which point it was emergency surgery. By that point, it was a lump the size
of an egg, visible when I wore a bathing suit, and hurt if I bumped it.

Doc said it was a femoral hernia, and had to be fixed.

The surgery was day surgery, and I was fine by that night.

Old June 21st 06, 01:53 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

"xkatx" wrote...

Alright, before A was born, while I was still pregnant, I noticed I had a
small bump on my crotch (I think it would be considered?) area, just
beside my right leg joint, I guess. It was just a small little bump thing
going on, about the size of a pea. Didn't hurt, wasn't an abnormal color,
it was just there. Some time after A was born, it disappeared never to be
seen again... Until now...

Not to be obvious (or rudely terse)

get thee to a physician.... pronto