Jogging strollers?

Old June 19th 07, 07:09 AM posted to misc.kids
xkatx

Default Jogging strollers?

I've been searching for a double jogging stroller recently, and I think I've
found one that is perfect, but I'm wondering if anyone has some input.
The one I'm looking at and planning on buying this coming Wednesday is a
Chariot Cavalier 2 (I believe it's called) and it is strictly a jogging
stroller, I believe, not one that is a bike trailer/stroller combo thing.
It is used and about 5 years old.
The lady who owns it said she paid about $500 for it brand new 5 years ago,
I've heard Chariot makes excellent strollers/trailers. I know they're darn
expensive new, and since they hold their value very well over the years,
they're often even expensive to buy used.
The lady is asking $175 for it, and from pictures that she emailed to me, it
looks like it's in fantastic condition.
A friend who keeps current with the Chariot line of trailers/strollers said
this is an excellent deal. She said that if she was to give an offer on
this exact stroller, she would offer $250-$300 for it and walk away knowing
she got a pretty good deal on it. She said she would NOT pass up this
stroller for $175.

Does anyone know if this would be worth my money? Is it a really good
jogging stroller, well worth the asking price? I told the lady I would pick
it up with cash on Wednesday, and after talking to my friend, I told the
lady who owns it that I would give her the full asking price if she could
keep it for me until Wednesday. She said she would, and I really like the
look of this jogger. It seems even cheaper in price than a brand new double
jogging stroller that isn't a Chariot brand. This is also right in my price
range for something I feel might be better than I had originally thought I
would find.

Our girls are currently 8 months and 22 months, and about 17ish lbs and
25ish lbs. Any input on this particular jogging stroller? Good or bad? Is
it worth the investment?

Any info or input is greatly appreciated!

Old June 19th 07, 01:05 PM posted to misc.kids
Nancy

On Jun 19, 11:09 am, "xkatx" wrote:
[...]

cant help much but u can log in to http://www.mybaby.com/Playground/Type/Post
as its a big community nd someone might be able to help
good luck

Old June 19th 07, 09:58 PM posted to misc.kids
dkhedmo

Are you actually a runner? If you google cavalier chariot, you come up
with a few sites with specs and consumer reviews, you'll have to read
those to see if the things other people found to be a a pro or con would
be a concern for you. I used a much cheaper double jogger
(instep/schwinn safari TT) which I was very happy with. Mine had a
swivel front wheel, which I really loved, and would have despised a
jogger with a fixed front wheel. But I am not a runner, was just walking
long distances at a quick pace, and I understand that if you actually
intend to run, the fixed wheel jogger is what you need. It does seem
like a good deal on an otherwise rather expensive stroller, but it's not
a deal if it doesn't fit your needs and use.

Karen

Old June 19th 07, 11:46 PM posted to misc.kids
Anne Rogers[_4_]

dkhedmo wrote:
Are you actually a runner? If you google cavalier chariot, you come up
with a few sites with specs and consumer reviews, you'll have to read
those to see if the things other people found to be a a pro or con would
be a concern for you. I used a much cheaper double jogger
(instep/schwinn safari TT) which I was very happy with. Mine had a
swivel front wheel, which I really loved, and would have despised a
jogger with a fixed front wheel. But I am not a runner, was just walking
long distances at a quick pace, and I understand that if you actually
intend to run, the fixed wheel jogger is what you need. It does seem
like a good deal on an otherwise rather expensive stroller, but it's not
a deal if it doesn't fit your needs and use.

On the other hand, I'm also not a runner and love ours with a fixed
front wheel and when our childminders used it they claimed it was the
best stroller they had ever used! Have you checked ebay for prices 2nd
hand? or maybe there aren't any because of the size, similarly check
local listings (Craig's list?) get a feel for how much 2nd hand
strollers are going for. Given it's 5 yrs old, if it's in as good
condition as she says it is, then I'd query if it was as good as she
says it is as it can't have been used that much (so what were the
downfalls that made her not use it?). Or, it's not in such good
condition. Our stroller is 4yrs old, I would say it has had medium, not
heavy use and to be quite honest, I couldn't let anyone give me money
for it, even if it hadn't been damaged on a plane.

Anne
Old June 20th 07, 12:57 AM posted to misc.kids
betsy

strollers are going for. Given it's 5 yrs old, if it's in as good
condition as she says it is, then I'd query if it was as good as she
says it is as it can't have been used that much (so what were the
downfalls that made her not use it?). Or, it's not in such good
condition. Our stroller is 4yrs old, I would say it has had medium, not
heavy use and to be quite honest, I couldn't let anyone give me money
for it, even if it hadn't been damaged on a plane.

My 5 1/2 year old babyjogger brand double has had lots of use. It is
our second car. I've loaded in 3 kids, or two + groceries, or a
tired child's bike or trike strapped on for the last few miles.
Despite all this it is in pretty good shape. I expect to get at least
another 5 good years out of it.

--Betsy

BUY BABY STROLLERS, DOUBLE STROLLERS, ON DISCOUNT bina Breastfeeding 0 October 12th 06 09:04 AM
TTC and jogging Jean Pregnancy 5 November 5th 04 02:09 AM
double jogging stroller Jennifer General 0 April 26th 04 03:50 PM
Jogging stroller [email protected] Pregnancy 5 September 13th 03 03:42 AM
Jogging strollers Clisby Williams General 9 July 26th 03 02:16 PM