how are the 7 month olds?

Old January 11th 04, 05:33 PM
teapot

Default how are the 7 month olds?

Moo boy has had 2 bottom teeth for 2 days now, but no biting yet
thankfully! My boobs do feel a bit strange though, a bit like they
have been sandpapered, yuck.

Solids are still a very minor part of his diet, he will go for about a
teaspoon of mushed up heated banana but isnt really interested in
anything else. He is a fat boy though with a big squishy tummy so I
know he is not lacking in calories.

He is sitting quite confidently now and can get from sitting side to
tummy pretty well. I am terrified of him crawling, we are just not
ready.

Sleeping is still crap, last night he was up every 2 hours but the
teeth are still not all the way through so I think it's that.

Breastfeeding is a breeze now, My bloke reminded me what it was like
at the start, me crying in frustration and being really sore and its
such a distant memory.

teapot and the Moo boy
Old January 11th 04, 07:05 PM
Andrea

"teapot" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Things are going downhill for us on the solids front. He has been fine with
apples and bannanas, but then he got an ezcema attack. He has flared up all
over his face so bad that I don't want to take him out cause people will
stare, he has got it on his trunk for the very first time, and a very large
circular area on the back of his knee looks terrible. I can only conclude
it's my diet that's the problem, but I already cut out dairy.
On top of that both eyes are infected green gunky sticking together, he was
given antibiotics for an ear infection, and was told it would clear his
eyes. It hasn't cleared his eyes, and I was told by the doc on a return
visit to just keep them clean! No eye drops no nothing. Even breast milk in
the eyes hasn't helped.

He is 20lbs, and loves his play centre, he turns around in a circle now.

Just bloody fed up, oh and the bitings back for more tootypegs to come thru!
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggg!

Well you did ask ;o)

-
Andrea mom of 5 - latest addition Kamron David 7 months still nursing strong
with 4 teeth!

Old January 11th 04, 08:28 PM
Anne Rogers

Nathanael is doing great, at times he loves his food, but still views
mummy milk as the real thing, he munches about 5 times a day. He mostly
sleeps through (sorry, I don't think you want to hear that). He was
weighed this week and he was just over 14 pounds, placing him on 0.4th
centile, rather than below it as he was at his last weight check. No sign
of any teeth yet. He can sit for long periods now, he likes to stand and
tries to walk around being supported by one of us, but he makes no attempt
to pull himself up. He tries crawling, but he can't quite manage it and
gets very frustrated. Breastfeeding is definitely his favourite activity
and I'm loving it now my infection has cleared up. I'm able to pump plenty
of milk for him for when I'm at work, but he has started to drink less and
less, he must prefer his milk from source!

Old January 11th 04, 11:21 PM
Alison

Can we join in here even though Ro is a bit behind due to early emergence?
He'd like to celebrate his birthday with those who were born at the same
time, not those who hung on for a bit. Besides, we're assured that he'll
catch up by about 18months.

So what's he doing? Wobbly sitting. Very good life-saving skills at
pulling fabric off his face peek-a-boo style. Testing his legs a lot.
Dribbling everywhere but no signs of teeth. Loads of gabbling - I often
can't get a word in edgeways! Has just started lifting his head up high when
on his tummy and being happy to be that way round. Going 4 hours between
feeds if we're oot-n-aboot but 2 hourly if we're being 'boring' and staying
in. At night we seem to have stopped the 7pm, 11pm, 1am, 4am, 7am lark that
kicked in mid-Nov (hoorah) and moved on to 8pm, 6am, 9.30am :-))) (at least
for the past 5 nights - pleeeeeeease let it continue).

He's been messing about with food since New Year - squashing banana into his
highchair, firing apple slices at the dogs, dropping grapes on the cats. He
tried sweet potato 'for real' this week, nicely pureed and presented, but he
wasn't too keen, only a smidgeon went in through tightly pursed lips and he
barfed it up 15 mins later, two days running (was going to post on that
topic but thought we'd persevere a few more times). That couldn't be called
'being on solids'. So today we tried pureed apple and he grabbed the spoon
and jammed it in, eyes wide, gagged, swallowed and laughed, then licked his
lips and wondered if he was going to get more. He did about 3 babyspoonfuls
which I thought was fandabulous for a first real try. Apple it is then for
a few days :-)

Echoes of all on the b/f front. It hasn't been an easy ride, lots of bumpy
country roads and blind bends but it feels as though we've joined the
motorway at last and now we're cruising (hoping it's not the M25!! - sorry
UK reference). Och to think that at one point I was going to be really glad
to get to six-weeks! He weighs 16.5lbs now so I guess we're doing sommat
right :-)

Happy 7 month birthday all.

--Alison

Old January 12th 04, 01:45 AM
Irrational Number

Pillbug has had a few different types of solids
now. He likes banana, rice cereal, oatmeal, and
avocado. He's so-so on pear and he does not like
sweet potato. I've been prepping the foods and
the nanny feeds him twice a day. We feed him
twice a day on the weekends.

Every new food we start, we do for 4 days. If there
is no allergic reaction, we add it to the rotation.
The next new foods in line are mango and papaya.

He started out hating water, but now he will drink
some from the Avent sippy cup. Getting extra water
helps his poops not stink as badly.

There's no sign of teeth yet!

As to sitting, he can sit using his arms as support
for a minute or two.

I don't know what he weighs now; at his 6-month WBV,
he was 28 inches and 21 pounds. He's probably put
on at least half a pound, 'cause he _feels_ heavy.

Breastfeeding is fabulous and easy now. Every time I
nurse him, I'm thankful that I don't have to go get
the formula, measure water, wash the bottle... Things
I have to do more of now for the solids! Pillbug still
nurses about every 2 hours, unless we're out, then he'll
wait for up to 3-1/2 hours, at which point he gets
very fussy.

-- Anita --
--
SUCCESS FOUR FLIGHTS THURSDAY MORNING ALL AGAINST
TWENTY ONE MILE WIND STARTED FROM LEVEL WITH ENGINE

Old January 12th 04, 06:06 AM
J,T&M

Liv is doing well! She just had her 6 month well babe visit (at 6.75
months) and seems very healthy. She dropped percentiles from the 90th
to the 65th... Dr. didn't seem worried though and she has mounds of
rolls on arms and legs and huge cheeks so I think we are ok.

No teeth. Just mastered rolling from back to tummy (tummy to back quite
a while ago) so she is finally mobile! Sitting it getting better.

Nurses about 10-16 times a day. She loves her nums! Does not sleep
worth ****. Up about every 1-2 hours all night...every night for the
past month. I think it's teeth. I wish they would just come in!

We started solids. They didn't go over well. We stopped She really
still has not lost the tongue thrust so anything that goes in comes
pretty much right back out. She is not lacking for food so we'll wait
till she is ready.

Thanks for asking!
Tammy
Olivia 6/16/03
Madeline 9/15/01

Old January 12th 04, 09:49 AM
KC

Jessi is eating non-pureed foods 100% now. I love it There's alot of
preparation peeling and dicing up many foods, but it is so nice for
her to be finger feeding instead of me spooning it in. She uses a
sippy cup unaided now too. You'd think we could eat dinner peacefully
now because of this, but for some reason she always fusses up big time
while I am trying to eat my dinner and I have to bf her and come back
to cold food. It is a routine :-) The only food we have tried that
she is sensitive to is avacado. It gives her a red bottom. She eats
like a horse compared to what other people here say their kids eat
like, and she still breastfeeds frequently too. She is lean too. She
is so active, she just burns it all off - lucky girl. She was even
really active in the womb when they would try to do NSTs

Jessi is 19.5 pounds now. I don't know how long she is, but before
she was always 90th percentile for height nd 75th for weight, so
probably still is. She still wears size 6 months even though she is
long because she is lean I guess. My older dd was chubby and shorter
and wore 18 month size by this point.

Breastfeeding is awesome. I am really glad we got this far. It is so
nice now. Jessi still wakes for feedings in the night, but it doesn't
bother me unless she stays up late or tries to play in the middle of
the night. That has happened a few times lately. She is chewing like
crazy lately, so I think it's teething making her wakeful. Perhaps
she will add more teeth to her collection soon.

Jessi does everything except walk now. She has abandoned the butt
scoot now that she is an expert at crawling. She can also get from
sitting to standing with nothing to grab onto and she stands without
touching anything for a bit, 12 seconds is the longest we have counted
so far.

She has a walker, and you should see her move in that thing. Our
whole living room, dining room and kitchen have laminate floor so she
can really get around. My older dd scoots around on an office chair
and I use a wheelchair, so it is kind of cute the 3 of us wheeling
around. We get in a chain and go choo choo at times. Please no
comments on walker safety. We have a very flat house.

KC
Old January 12th 04, 10:22 AM
Anne Rogers

Can we join in here even though Ro is a bit behind due to early emergence?
He'd like to celebrate his birthday with those who were born at the same
time, not those who hung on for a bit. Besides, we're assured that he'll
catch up by about 18months.

Of course you can.

Echoes of all on the b/f front. It hasn't been an easy ride, lots of bumpy
country roads and blind bends but it feels as though we've joined the
motorway at last and now we're cruising (hoping it's not the M25!! - sorry
UK reference). Och to think that at one point I was going to be really glad
to get to six-weeks! He weighs 16.5lbs now so I guess we're doing sommat
right :-)

in lots of ways he sounds at a very similar stage to Nathanael, not to far
behind. IIRC Ro was born on 13th June? that was the day before Nathanael's
due date. Ro's now 2.5lb heavier than Nathanael (he was 14lb this week),
so you are definitely doing something right!

Old January 12th 04, 01:46 PM
Mary Hewitt

i hope you dont mind me posting here as well, seeing as my baby is 7
months old, but i am so very new to this group....Cayden is doing great
with the breastfeeding, we breastfeed about 5 times during the day and 1
or 2 times a night (this just started, last week it was every
hour...lets hope it keeps up) hes been sitting up good for about the
last 3 months, and he wants to crawl, he lays on his belly and pushes
his arms and legs, than after ten minutes of this he gets so very
frustrated that he rolls onto his back....he can roll onto his belly, he
does it when hes going to sleep, he likes to sleep on his belly, but he
wont do it while hes very awake....i have to put him onto his belly so
that he can crawl...hes good with solids as well, eats a bowl of ceral
with fruit in it in the morning and gets two jars of baby food for
dinner, never had an allergic reaction to anything...he weighs around 16
pounds now...went from the 95 percantile in weight to the 45, but the
doctors are all right with that, said hes just very active...hes also
still in mostly 3-6 months, but some 6-9 are good for his height but are
very baggy on him.

Old January 12th 04, 02:56 PM
Bruce and Jeanne

teapot wrote:

[...]

DS is still growing. Currently he and his 6 year old sister are in a
race to see who gets their upper front two teeth in first (she lost her
baby teeth). He has the bottom two teeth. He's crossed the 20 lb mark
a few weeks ago - thank goodness we got the big car seat (DD wasn't 20
lbs until about 14 months).

Sleeping is AWFUL. Granted, we're all mixed up because we're re-doing
DD's bedroom, but he *wakes* up every 2 hours. And every hour, he cries
out (but doesn't necessarily wake up), so *that* wakes me up. Ugh.

Eating-wise, he loves solids. He stares hungrily at *OUR* food.
Unfortunately, he's only allowed mashed up food. Yesterday, we went to
visit my parents at their retirement community. I forgot to take baby
food, but they had mashed cauliflower and mashed potatoes - he got them
and loved them. But I think he got gas from the cauliflower.

He's sitting up well - until he falls backwards suddenly. He can move
around in mysterious ways (he can't crawl, he can't scoot, he can't roll
over, but he can end up in another part of the room), so we've
baby-proofed the living room for him.

He's beginning to show a sense of humor. I love this age.

Jeanne