sleep times

Old March 11th 04, 12:01 PM
Anika

Default sleep times

Are there any guidelines on how many hours a day babies should be sleeping?
My baby is 10 weeks old and still sleeps around 15-18 hours in a day. Is
this about right or should I try to keep him awake/entertained longer? He
doesn't fall asleep by himself but when he gets overstimulated I rock him to
sleep, otherwise he just gets grisly.

It would be useful if someone has a link to a site that gives some sort of
guidlines to how much babies should sleep

Old March 14th 04, 04:11 AM
Larry McMahan

In misc.kids.breastfeeding Anika wrote:
: Are there any guidelines on how many hours a day babies should be sleeping?
: My baby is 10 weeks old and still sleeps around 15-18 hours in a day. Is
: this about right or should I try to keep him awake/entertained longer? He
: doesn't fall asleep by himself but when he gets overstimulated I rock him to
: sleep, otherwise he just gets grisly.

: It would be useful if someone has a link to a site that gives some sort of
: guidlines to how much babies should sleep

Hoo boy! Given the variations in babies, I think such a site would only
serve to worry or irritate parents! It sounds like you are doing exactly
the right thing. When they act tired, soothe them! :-)

Good luck,
Larry
Old March 30th 04, 10:35 PM
0870 881 1554

Every baby is different.

My eldest daughter slept quite a lot.

My son would only sleep for a few hours, infact he slept for about the same
hours my daughter didn't!

Don't worry about it, he'll sleep if he wants to, and not if he doesn't!

www.bextech.org.uk ---Are you a winner?

9 month old sleep issues Lora R General 13 July 21st 04 03:53 PM
Have We Created A Monster? Mixed Bag/Please Help! Zucca4 Breastfeeding 11 March 11th 04 05:41 PM
OT Sleep times Mom2B Breastfeeding 0 March 11th 04 04:50 PM
Rant: the attachment parenting explosion [email protected] General 9 January 10th 04 05:11 AM
Fussy 9 week old won't sleep, must be held at all times! Help! Joy General 13 December 30th 03 09:17 PM